1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Insta Razing Cities on capture

Discussion in 'CivBE - Modding Help & Mod Creation' started by Gaia_, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Gaia_

Gaia_ Chieftain

I'd like to instantly raze/remove a City on capture ... just like in Civ V when you had OCC ticked.

Does anyone have an idea on whether/how this can be accomplished in Civ BERT?

2. Ryika

Ryika ate all the monsters.

Might want to try City.Kill(), not sure if it works though.

If not, you can work around it by setting a city's population to 0 with City.SetPopulation() and it will be automatically removed at the beginning of the next turn.
    That workaround isn't very "elegant" of course.

3. roadmaster

roadmaster Chieftain

Sometimes I get annoyed with the fact that I cannot Raze a races Capital City, do you know if SetPopulation() to 0 would work on a Capital City? Ive always done my Mods in xml so ill have to brush up on lua to try this.

4. Ryika

Ryika ate all the monsters.

Yeah, that should work, too.

But if you just want more freedom with razing, then maybe just playing around with PuppetCityPopup.lua may be the better solution.

Haven't tested it, but removing the bolded lines from this part for example...

...should allow you to raze all cities that show the dialog, including capitals, and possibly cities that are your puppets.