Install Issues Following Update (Mac & beta)

Raksha

Chieftain
[Quick disclaimer - I'm aware Gedemon won't support beta installs (which is fair enough) so I'm sticking this here in the hope someone else has hit this issue and can advise me]

Hi all,

until recently, I've been happily trying out this mod using a Mac, and v31 beta (last Mac compatible version). As a side note, it's fantastic, and many many thanks for all the work which has gone into it.

Steam has now oh so helpfully updated my copy of Civ V, at which point I'm unable to load properly. While I can load the mods (Date Files v4 and Edition v31 beta), there is no longer an option to select 'Scenarios'. I can access them via the 'Custom Game' button, but the resulting games load using a mishmash of the Mod and normal rule sets (e.g. strategic resources start showing up, all Mod build options are disabled).

Things I have tried:
clearing cache,
uninstalling and reinstalling,
enabling every combination of Vanilla, BNW and G&K (I used to have to play under vanilla only by disabling the others via DLC),
swearing

Things I am now trying:
Asking for help!

Help! Please!

Many thanks in advance.

I'm hoping that someone with a mac will be able to help you, because, I have no idea on what may have broken that version of the mod with the last update...

I don't have the same problem as you, Raksha, because I don't use the Steam version but the App Store version. Maybe you should post it in the Mac section, too (if you haven't already) and see, if anybody can help you.

In the long run, we Mac players will probably have to take the same way as many Civ IV players had to in order to play mods with customized DLLs: get a PC copy of the game and create a Wineskin wrapper. Here is a functional tutorial, how that goes.

Gedemon, I'm saying that, because I played a few hours into your mod last night, and can only guess, how nice the mod at today's stage of develpment must be:(. All the long ago settled anger about the decisions of Firaxis concerning mod accessibility for Mac players were brought back to life at once[pissed].

I would be very willing to give loads of feedback, Gedemon, but how pointless is that, since I can't be sure, whether anything I'm seeing in (last Mac compatible) version 31 hasn't been adressed or changed or removed, or anything.

So, with a little tear in the buttonhole, congratulations to this mod:thumbsup:!

I'd love to have a someone willing to port some of the change since v.30 to mac, but yep, most of the more important changes are related to the DLL. (you can see the full change log in a spoiler at the bottom of the description on the download page)

Top Bottom