1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Installation error in W7

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by Donut9, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Donut9

Donut9 Chieftain

Sorry, I am new to PCs and mods. I am running XP, and have BTS with the latest patch. How do I install the ST mod? Thanks.

2. Donut9

Donut9 Chieftain

I tried installing this mod on my neighbour's computer, but after running the installer, I got a message that said:

You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example:
    C:\APP

or a UNC path in the form:

\\server\share

I didn't get this problem when I intalled it in XP. What does this even mean?

Moderator Action: One thread is enough ;). Threads merged.

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

It means your registry settings for civ4 aren't normal and need to be fixed. See the FAQ. The installer looks at the registry to find where civ4 is installed; I'd allow you to enter the path yourself, but there is no way to change the message from "select where you want Star Trek to be installed" to "where is BtS installed" and more people get confused about what to enter (or enter the wrong thing and then complain the mod doesn't work) than have to use regedit.