Installation of Civ 2 Gold on XP

Loofy

Chieftain
I have read countless threads regarding this issue and so far none of them give any solutions.

Civilization 2 Gold Multiplayer is what I am trying to install. When I double click on setup - nothing happens. My friend's computer, also an XP machine, loads it just fine with no issues whatsoever.

I have tried installing indeo (or whatever spelling) on this comp - did not help.

I tried instaling WinG - but the installer for that program also does not work. Same issue as Civ 2 setup.

There are no firewalls or programs that are interfering - I shut down all except vital system processes.

Can someone please give me a step by step explanation of what to do? Perhaps make it a sticky if a solution is found? Thank you.

I don't know if it's relevant but i recently bought Civ 2 from Sold out through Ebay & cannot get past the installer. I think(?) Sold Out use a unique installer (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but I've got the same problem as you. I've shutdown all background programs but still can't get the installer to work, can't even do it using the 'installing without using the installer' instructions.
Anyone else had a problem?

I don't think he has the same problem,JJOJN because I have a classic Civ2 that is NOT Sold Out bought that in addition has this problem I am questing to find a solution for.

Weird. Weird that you're having a problem.

My wife bought me a new Dell computer for Christmas (ah, true love), and of course I had to install Civ2 on it. I was expecting a problem, but Classic ran without any problem. I downloaded that MGE upgrades and unzipped them, and still no problem. Civ2 MPE came right up.

Perhaps your system? :(

I don't know...several months ago CIV2 worked, but hten i deleted it. Now I want to install it again and my heart is broken for it is not working.

I'm having the same problem. I installed it once and it worked, but then I uninstalled it and now setup doesn't do anythign when I run it.

Top Bottom