1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Installation problem

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by bogwart, Apr 15, 2019.

1. bogwart

bogwart Chieftain

I followed the installation guide @ GitHub:
    -downloaded 2.7.1.1. sourceCode.zip and unpacked it,
    -renamed the folder to We-the-People, copied it into the MODS folder
    -downloaded CvGameCoreDLL.zip, unzipped it
    but then I couldn'tt find the file "CvGameCoreDLL.zip" in the Assets folder.
    It just doesn't exist in the SourceCode.zip.
    Besides Art, Python, Res, Sounds and XML folders there's just a .gitignore file, no Assets/CvGameCoreDLL.zip as described in the installation guide.

Nevertheless I copied the CvGameCoreDLL.dll into the Assets folder, but starting the Mod results in error messages and crash.

Should it be copied into an existing RaR folder maybe?

2. TaylorItaly

TaylorItaly Chieftain

Do not rename the folder.
    My folder is labeled "Mod-2.7.1".
    Maybe you had download the wrong file?
    My is named "Mod-2.7.1" and in there are folders : 1 city plot , 2 city plot , Assets , Project files and PublicMaps.

3. bogwart

bogwart Chieftain

Thank you!
    Ok I just paste the installation guide on Github here:
    So I copied the unzipped Mod folder (Mod-2.7.1.1) to Colonization's MODS folder (step1-3).
    But step 4 is a showstopper because:
    there is no CvGameCoreDLL.zip or CvGameCoreDLL.dll (maybe a typo) in the Mod-2.7.1.1/Assets folder.
    Instead there's just a ".gitignore" file, besides the Art, Python, Res, Sounds, XML folders.
    Renaming the MODS folder doesn't help (game still crashes).
    Pasting the provided CvGameCoreDLL.dll into the Assets folder doesn't help, too.
    I also downloaded and checked the 2.7.1. version to no avail.

I know this sounds funny because you're all having no problems - maybe it's a Github thingy?

4. TaylorItaly

TaylorItaly Chieftain

The CvGameCoreDLL.dll is in the 1 City Plot folder and in the 2 CityPlot folder.
    Just pick the one you want and put it in the MyGame/Colo.../mods/Mod-2.7.1/Assets folder.
    The folder is just Mod-2.7.1 not 2.7.1.1!!

2.7.1.1 is only the updated DLL,you have to download 2.7.1

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  5. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

I'm puzzled to why people keep having problems installing. You download "Source code (zip)" and unzip it into mods. You open it and copy CvGameCoreDLL.dll from either 1 city plot or 2 city plot and place it in Assets. There shouldn't be more to it than that.

CptBadger likes this.
  6. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

I'll admit I messed up on the 2 city plot thingie but only took about 2 minutes to figure out what I missed.

CptBadger likes this.