Installing Ethnically Diverse Units

Here's what I did to install it in Warlords 2.13 for Mac:

1. Downloaded and expanded EDU 2.6 from the first link in the post you linked to.

2. Copied the Assets_Warlords/XML/ folder into the /Ethnically Diverse Units/ folder in the expanded folder. If I wanted to mod vanilla I would have copied the Assets_Vanilla/XML/ folder instead.

3. Copied the Ethnically Diverse Units folder from the expanded folder into ~/Documents/Civilization IV Warlords/Mods/

4. Launched Warlords and Loaded the Ethnically Diverse Units mod to verify that it worked. The Mod loaded without any errors, and I started a random game as Mansa Musa of Mali. The starting units were clearly ethnically diverse.

5. Downloaded and expanded EDU 2.8 from the second link in the post you linked to.

6. Copied the /Warlords/Assets/Art/Interface/Buttons/MWUnits/ from the expanded v2.8 folder into ~/Documents/Civilization IV Warlords/Mods/Ethnically Diverse Units/Assets/Art/Interface/Buttons/

7 Copied the CONTENTS of /Warlords/Assets/Art/Interface/Buttons/EDUUnits/ from the expanded folder into ~/Documents/Civilization IV Warlords/Mods/Ethnically Diverse Units/Assets/Art/Interface/Buttons/EDUUnits/ so as to add the five extra files to the mod. One file, archer_asian.dds, replaces the existing file of the same name in version 2.6.

8. Copied the /Warlords/Assets/Art/Units/MWUnits/ folder from the expanded v2.8 folder into ~/Documents/Civilization IV Warlords/Mods/Ethnically Diverse Units/Assets/Art/Units/

9. Copied the CONTENTS of /Warlords/Assets/Art/Units/EDUUnits/ from the expanded v2.8 folder into ~/Documents/Civilization IV Warlords/Mods/Ethnically Diverse Units/Assets/Art/Units/EDUUnits/ so as to add the five extra files to the mod. One file, archer_asian.dds, replaces the existing file of the same name in version 2.6.

10. Copied the CONTENTS of each folder inside /Warlords/Assets/XML/ from the expanded v.2.8 folder into the equivalent folders in ~/Documents/Civilization IV Warlords/Mods/Ethnically Diverse Units/Assets/XML/, replacing the files with the same names.

11. Loaded the Mod again and verified that it still worked.

I haven't played a game with the mod, so I can't confirm that all the new units are there, but it loads and runs OK.

=/

i still don't have ethnically diverse units. i think i followed the instructions above...

help??

What happens when you try to load the mod?

Top Bottom