Installing from disc on Mac OS X 10.9.5

Rotherde

Chieftain
Hey everyone, I recently acquired the 2003 Game of the Year edition of Civ 3 for Mac, and when I tried I run the installer I got the message "You can't open "%@" because it may be damaged or incomplete", but the disc itself seems to be in fine shape.
Now I understand that the software is pretty old at this point, but has anyone ever encountered this problem, or know a way to get it to install?
Can I download a program and run it inside of that? I'm kind of new to that sort of thing, but I'd appreciate anyone's help or advice on this matter.

Hey everyone, I recently acquired the 2003 Game of the Year edition of Civ 3 for Mac, and when I tried I run the installer I got the message "You can't open "%@" because it may be damaged or incomplete", but the disc itself seems to be in fine shape.
Now I understand that the software is pretty old at this point, but has anyone ever encountered this problem, or know a way to get it to install?
Can I download a program and run it inside of that? I'm kind of new to that sort of thing, but I'd appreciate anyone's help or advice on this matter.
First of all, welcome to CivFanatics!

[party][party][party]:rockon::band::rockon:[party][party][party]

I'm sorry I can't answer your specific question, but you'd probably get a more useful response if you'd repost it in (or, better, ask a mod to move it to) the Mac section of the CFC forum. AFAICT, for Macs AlanH is the big man on the CFC campus and he's online right now as I type. Hopefully he or one of the other Mackers will be able to help you solve your installation-problem...

Top Bottom