1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Inso, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Inso

Inso Warlord

Hi all,

I've tried installing some mods off here and they just won't work. I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

For example, I downloaded the 3rd and 4th unit add-ons. Then put them in the my games/civ 5/MODS directory. I load up civ 5, choose those mods and load them up and everything appears fine, however when I start a game the extra units are nowhere to be seen.

Any ideas? Is there something else I need to do?

2. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

3. Klisz

Klisz King

Unless you also use Enhanced User Interface, the civ select screen will only show two uniques per civ, even if they actually have more. Have you checked the Civilopedia?

If they're not in the Civilopedia either, please enable logging and attach your Database.log.

4. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

As mentioned, the game set-up menus and the dawn-of-man screens don't show more than two uniques (units, buildings, improvements) without a mod to specifically do that.

Besides the EUI 'mod', there are other mods that make the dawn-of-man show the additional uniques. I believe W.Howard has one on his Pick'n'Mix website. He also has a dedicated thread for his Pick'n'Mix mods in one of the sub-forums for completed mods.

Regardless of whether you are using any mods that alter the display behaviors in the leader selection or dawn-of-man screens, once you are in-game, you can go to the civilopedia page for Civilization-X, and the Civilopedia always shows all uniques that civ has assigned to it, including any changes or additions made by mods.