1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Instruction Thread - 4000 B.C.: Wednesday, August 10, 19:00 EDT (23:00 GMT)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy VII' started by Octavian X, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Annoucing the Creation Chat!

We will hold the first turn chat on Wednesday evening, at 7:00 PM eastern US time, or 11:00 PM Greenwhich Mean Time. There's nothing important going on, though we do plan on holding the usual celebrations that go along with begging the RNG gods for a good start. :D

The presiding designated player shall be myself, in my capacity as a citizen-elected turn player, as I've traded turns with ravensfire, who shall now be the third DP in the chain. The chat will take place in #turnchat on the server irc.irc-chat.net. For those unfamiliar with the chat system, use the java applet that CFC provides at this site: http://www.civfanatics.com/chat/ and join the #turnchat channel - someone in the main chatroom should be able to help you there!

Join the party, or merely check back here after the chat for the results. In any case, wish us luck!

2. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

7:00pm Eastern Time is 23:00 GMT, not 15:00. I'm also assuming that you're using EDT, as opposed to EST.

As for Expatriate instructions, simply try to scout out the opponents' terrain. We need to know which city to take from them in the future.

3. Octavian X

My prowess with timezones has diminished since DGII. Thanks for that reminder. :D

4. vikingruler

vikingruler Chieftain

I have a question pretaining to my duties in our first turnchat. In the nomination thread for Defense Minister it says I control all actions of military units. So I was wondering in the first turnchat and others to come do I control the specific movements of lets say warrior or does the DP do that?

5. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

I think you decide what moves where, and the DP actually does it.

6. Octavian X

That's right. Orders are posted in the instruction threads by elected officials, while the designated player (the DP) will be the one who actually makes the moves in the game.

For this first turn chat, though, you won't need to do anything. I'm only going to start the game and hand out the initial save, for 4000BC. The next DP for the next turnchat will actually play a few turns.

7. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Greetings from Cape Cod!

Governor of Styx (?): Build me already!

8. Octavian X

Give me a settler first. :p

9. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I believe you'll be able to do that... ;)

10. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

As a note, the turnchat will be in the #turnchat chatroom in irc.irc-chat.net. Click on the chat link at the bottom of this page to get there.

11. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I know this is what we always do and so there isn't much question about it, but just to make it official: :D

Please create our world and then:

Stop play so the starting location can be discussed.

12. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Fanatikos State Department

Moderator Action: Nobody, you're not the one to set the warnings and bans. Those aren't to be taken lightly, even if you're just role-playing. It's usurping moderator authority. Text deleted. This is a strong warning.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Turn Chat one instructions.

Find More Freinds. If you do meet some stop the chat. If war is declared apon us also stop the chat. If Civ General swears in the Chat room, stop the chat. If your toes get itchy stop the chat.

Border Control Policy: Ask foreign land units leave our nation. Do not demand they leave.

Tribute Policy
    : Give any who asks for tributes what they want.

13. Octavian X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.