Instruction Thread requirement

Should the Intiation Thread Rule be added to the core game rules

• Total voters

blastoidstalker

The Geographer
I propose the following change to the core rules be initiated.

The Instruction Thread Requirment.

1) That there must be an instruction thread started prior to a turnset at least 48 hours before the start of that turnset.

2) That those giving instructions for that turnset post their initial list of instructions at least 12 hours prior to the turnset. These posts need not be made by the person who makes the instructions, they can be done in proxy or lifted from other threads, but they need to be available for clear viewing at least 12 hours before the turnset.

3) If conditions 1 and 2 are not met then the turnset must be rescheduled to fit these conditions. For example; if initial instructions are posted 10 hours before scheduled start the turnset must be moved back at least 2 hours.

4) If in discussion after instructions are posted changes are made to instructions, we expect these revisions are posted in the thread but do not need to fulfill the time requirements in point 2.

5) The turn players are not obligated to follow the instructions given in the thread, but there deviations should be in the interest of the people and explained to them.

The reason for this revision to make the game more easy to follow. So that all can look in one place to see the intentions for a turn before it happens. For those of us who can not or do not attend the sessions this will make the game easier to follow and accountability for decisions will be more clear.

This would not effect the turn session to be played on 4-22.

1) That there must be an instruction thread started prior to a turnset at least 24 hours before the start of that turnset.

2) That those giving instructions for that turnset post their initial list of instructions at least 12 hours prior to the turnset. These posts need not be made by the person who makes the instructions, they can be done in proxy or lifted from other threads, but they need to be available for clear viewing at least 12 hours before the turnset.

24 hours before the turnchat is a bit short, how about doubling that, and 2) is unfair as people might be away from computers so not able to give instructions that another person, or the DP could decide anyway and it could delay turnchats quite a bit, otherwise this proposal is a very much needed one.

I'm in favor of this whether it's 12 hours or 24 hours. Personally, I'm on the fence between those times. What about 18? :crazyeye:

I will change it to 48 hours for #1. If this effects the vote of anyone so far. please tell me and I will repole.

I think this also will give people more time to post instructions (36 hours). It seems like as long as turn set times are posted in advanced, people should be able to get there instructions in or give them to the turn plkayer so they can post them in the thread.
I also think in our current system the prime faction leader to superseed any lowers orders, which would mean that an absent instruction can be filled in before the time limit by the leader. Later platforms can address this issue by allowing others to fill in for absent ministers.

Most of the time we have a discussion and settle on details before posting the poll.

My preference would be to ask for the thread to be posted 72 hours in advance, and instructions posted 24 hours in advance. The DP should be required to follow "fixed" instructions such as build queues, tech path, settlement location, and major actions like declaring war. Those responsible for giving instructions can allow flexibility if they want to make an exception. We should allow the people responsible for "flexible" things like scout movement and military actions to be present at the chat and give instructions there.

Equally important is to beef up the requirements for a session log. Instead of having to look through the chat log, we should have a simple list of activities during the session. Have a look at the succession game thread in the citizen's forum for some great examples of what a session log should be.

Most of the time we have a discussion and settle on details before posting the poll..

Sorry I did not do this. Some people suggested I post this as a pole and it made sense so I did.

The DP should be required to follow "fixed" instructions such as build queues, tech path, settlement location, and major actions like declaring war. Those responsible for giving instructions can allow flexibility if they want to make an exception. We should allow the people responsible for "flexible" things like scout movement and military actions to be present at the chat and give instructions there.

Equally important is to beef up the requirements for a session log. Instead of having to look through the chat log, we should have a simple list of activities during the session. Have a look at the succession game thread in the citizen's forum for some great examples of what a session log should be.

Right now I want to keep things simple and only focus on pre-turn actions. I agree there needs to be work on post reports, but I do not want to put too many things in one basket and honestly my opinions on this are not as well formed yet.
I also feel that mandates on following instructions is not as important as just getting some time guideline in place. to me this is a different but related discussion and should be a different but related rule.

I'm going to vote no on this proposal.

I like the idea, but please, let's discuss it first and get a version that everyone is happy with. Then we poll that version.

All this does is lead to confusion. We've already got wording changes and other suggestions - discuss it first, then poll.

-- Ravensfire

I will close this pole and put it in discussion.

DaveShack. Can you close this pole

Thanks

I would like to thank blastoidstalker for taking the initiative on this matter. Technique is much less important to me than seeing a need and acting on it. :D

My comment wasn't intended to be negative or to say that the poll couldn't or shouldn't go on, but I'll respect your wishes in closing it.

I am going to get some feedback and bring it back up in a few days. That way it should be a little more polished

Top Bottom