Instruction Thread, Sunday March 12, 10AM MST (1700 GMT)

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Term 3?, Game Session 3?, March 12 (MST)

This will be an on-line session.
The Designated Player is: DaveShack

Start Date/Time: Sunday, March 12 @ 10:00 AM MST
(1700 Sunday March 15 in GMT)

Relevant Links: (to be added)
Current Save
Previous Turnchat Thread

Instruction Checklist:
President - Instructions posted
Secretary of State - No instructions posted
Secretary of War - Instructions posted

Minister of Culture - No instructions posted
Minister of Science - Instructions posted
Minister of Interior - No instructions posted

Censor - No instructions posted

Governor of Boaring Wallow - No instructions posted
Governor of Abydos - No instructions posted
Micalian's Gate - Instructions posted

Only elected/appointed officials may post in this thread!
Please use the DP thread in the Government subforum for questions/comments to the DP. Please use the officials' thread for comments to an official.

Please put your office in the post title field.

No instructions will be accepted during the chat. All instructions must be posted in the instruction thread.

Official Instructions from the Ministry of Science

Continue researching Drama. If we happen to finish Drama before 10 turns (highly doubtful), then end the TC so we can discuss what to do next.

*Note: I have a hunch we'll be pursuing Meditation and Philosophy next, but I want to get input from the citizens before I issue the order.

Sec Of War.
(not an order--I dislike the fact that we had less than 24 hours notice as a citizen and as a official.--especially since their was a poll open.)

Give NO promotions to any units..hold for next TC.

First STOP PLAY if the following conditions are met. If the settler end his turn in any of the pink squares in the screen shot below STOP PLAY( note teh bottom right pink square is wrong..it should be the jungle square NE of that one ) all tiles adjacent to the neutral plains area.

Warrior in Mongolia territory. Head 2 ssquares SE tehn go South to see the current sitation with the horses. After that explore Mongolian territory as you see fit--2 cities are unaccounted for, so I can not give you better directions than that...your discreation. If you finish Mongolian territory head the warrior south to Russian territory.

Warrior in German territory. Heads SW exploring German territory..we dont know where the cities are so explore at your will. Record troops and garrsion units. propmotions if possible also. Your discreation as to how to expore. If you finish the "black head towards Russian territory.

Axman( guarding worker N of Aybdos) move toward Abydos. Please move to South of the worker. Never allow more than 1 empty square between the worker and the ax. Send it to the eastern side of Abydos.

Axman ( NW of capitol-BW) Move how ever many squares to be due W of BW. you can be on teh southern side of due west if that provides a better defnsive tile. Pick the best tile and fortify.
( I didnt have a screen shot of this area and dont have my game on this computer)

Ax in Abydos...unless governor objects( which is unlikely since he stated in a discussion thread that he will do whats necessary ) Follow the blue line in above screen shot. DONOT leave Abydos borders. Move 1 tile SE to get in close to settler. Shadow settler moves without leaving Abydos borders.( if he moves east you move east even if its NE) We must protect Abydos. The only exception to this is if the ax guarding worker is within 1 square of Aybydos..then you can follow the settler...all in timing so I can not give specifics.

Axman (South of Iron /east of Aybdos) responsible for shadowing settler. Move to forested hill SW of his current position. After this stay 1 tile North of the settler at all times. This is to insure th axman ability to attack if the citizens desire.

Use these goals as guidelines for you discreationary movements: explore mongolia, Protect Abydos..ax within 2 squares at all times, 2 axes within 1 square of Mongolian settler as often as possible( 1 axman at all times to its north), Protect the west of BW and MG with that one ax..

Sec of War..addition.

IF any units are built do not promote and send them south to Abydos area.

President:

Maintain 90% slider rate, or highest possible slider rate if forced to lower the rate.

No worker/settler/naval unit orders.

Will attend this TC barring unforseen disaster.

Session starting.

Turn 0 save

Against all odds, the Mongolian settler has turned South! The immediate crisis of the iron has been averted, so play is continuing.

Turn 5 save
Turn 9 save

Summary:

The Mongolian settler couldn't see the iron, so turned south and settled by some corn. We finished the library in BW, are running out of instructions for worker actions, and need to consider our long term plans.

Chat Log

Dave...

What happened to the settler. I see the city Turfan but it was already settled according to trade screen in Turn zero. Also Turfan has a higher pop than what should be expected from a new city from this settler. I guess I am just curius if the settler is still out there of if we missed another city to the East of Turfan. I dont know where you explored exactly so hence my question. Can you add anything to the settler whereabouts?

strange little odd ball settler..I think the Mongolian AI is just going crazy not having any resources..

Thanks Dave..just was wondering what the heck happened. Maybe a brab got it? I guess we might never know.

Top Bottom