Insufficient production wonder Great Engineers

Qwan

Warlord
[1.0.12.9] [GatheringStorm]

In the attached save game, I'm building Big Ben in Qusqu.
Skyscrapers provides +15% production towards wonders.
Heartbeat of Steam provides +10% production towards Industrial and later wonders.

Brunelleschi grants 315 production. 315 * 1.25 = 393.75
But I actually got only 387 the first time, and 388 more when I apply him this time.
That's about 23%.

Eiffel grants 480 production. 480 * 1.25 = 600.
But when applying Eiffel here, I only got 591.
Again about 23%.

Rounding *might* plausibly be effecting Brunelleschi, but clearly not Eiffel.

Three possible bugs occurred to me:
a) Skyscrapers is not being applied in full
b) Heartbeat of Steam is not being applied full
c) the Great Engineers are not providing the production they should

All three can be tested with this save game:
a) start a pre-industrial wonder, like Kotoku-In
b) pay to change policies, swapping out Skyscrapers
c) both of the above.

If I do both, swapping out Skyscrapers, and start Kotoku-In:
Brunelleschi gives 308 production instead of 315.
Eiffel gives 470 production instead of 480.

Attachments

• PACHACUTI 175 1140 AD a.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
What game speed are you playing on?

I could see a 2% rounding error in the base production given from the conversion to a different game speed, as this is done with a single parameter that may have rounding errors.

I'm playing standard game speed.
(Doesn't the save game show this?)

What makes you think that GE's get benefit from policy multipliers please?
I ask because the idea had simply never occurred that they might - it seems wrong

What makes you think that GE's get benefit from policy multipliers please?
I ask because the idea had simply never occurred that they might - it seems wrong

Use the save game I posted to see what a GE's wonder production is with and without Skyscrapers (pay to change policies). And towards a pre-Industrial wonder vs an Industrial wonder.

Also note that with neither multiplier in effect, the production is still short -- about 98% of what we're told.

If, because of the way the game implements game speed, this is a rounding issue, all I ask is that the same "rounding" be applied to what I'm told I should get from the GE's wonder production, so that what I get matches what I'm told I'll get.

Losing that 2% can mean more turns to finish the wonder than I've calculated, especially if I'm applying multiple charges. That can (and did) mean losing the race to build it.

Last edited:
I fully understand the point now - thank you for the explanation, it is appreciated.
I confess I had at times wondered how come I was losing on certain wonders when my calculations said I should never have done, and perhaps I now know.
Much food for thought and I agree 100% with what you are saying if this is indeed a rounding error.

Top Bottom