Interest in a 1862 RFC ModMod

altalt667

Chieftain
Inspired by this World 1862 Scenario by Lokolus, I want to make a RFC modmod that starts in 1862 and includes historical victory goals etc. It would be a epically long game (2 turns per year until 1900, 3 turns per year until 1950 and 4 turns per year until 2010), but I might have it end in the 1950s.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in this?

Civs:
Spoiler :

USA:
  • Eliminate the Confederacy by Summer 1865 (I will add a unique "unconditional surrender" that the south would offer to the north if they get roughed up enough)
  • Build Hollywood, UN, Broadway, Statue of Liberty by 1945
  • Control Cuba, Philippines, Hawaii and 5 South Pacific Islands by 1950
CSA:
  • Capture at least 4 union cities between 1862 and 1866
  • Win the US Civil War (conquer/capitulate the Union or have the union pay you to end the war) by 1870
  • Have the most food produced in the world at least 40% of the years from 1870 to 1890
France:
  • Control 1 German City and vassalize/conquer Mexico by 1971
  • Control the Indochina Peninsula (except Singapore), have 10 cities in Africa and one in the Caribbean and one in Indonesia by 1915
  • Never Loose a European City before 1915
England:
  • "Cape to Cairo" by 1900 (Control a continuous line of territory from Egypt to Capetown, have a railroad built that stretches from Egypt to Capetown entirely through British Territory, and Control the Suez Canal)
  • Have 2 cities on every continent of at least size 6 in 1905
  • Never loose a city on the British Isles between 1915 and 1945
Boers:
  • Never lose a city by 1900
  • No British colonies in South Africa or Rhodesia by 1905
  • No European Colonies in Southern Africa by 1925
Ottomans:
  • No European possessions in the middle east in 1915
  • No Cities lost by 1920
  • Control one city in mainland Europe by 1925 (not including Constantinople)
Italians:
  • Destroy the Ethiopian Empire and have 4 cities in Ethiopia by 1910
  • Be in the Top 3 in Score in 1930
  • Control 2 French cities and have 5 African cities outside Ethiopia by 1940
Austro-Hungarians:
  • Capture the Balkans, Greece and Constantinople by 1910
  • Never Lose a City before 1920
  • Capture at least 3 Cities from other European Powers by 1920
Chinese:
  • No European Colonial Possessions in China or on the Indochina Peninsula by 1900
  • No European Colonial Possessions in China, Indochina, India or Indonesia by 1930
  • No Cities Lost on the Chinese Mainland by 1945
Japanese:
  • Have the Largest Military in 1940
  • Control China and 10 South Pacific Islands by 1945
  • Never Lose a City on the Japanese Mainland by 1948
Russians:
  • Have 30 Cities with Population greater than 4 by 1940
  • Control 3 German Cities and 3 Cities in Austria/The Balkans by 1945
  • Never Lose a City in Western Russia by 1945
Spanish:
  • Control 4 Cities in Africa, the Philippines, and 3 Cities in North or Central America by 1920
  • No European plots on the Iberian peninsula in 1925
  • Have 3 Great Generals Settled in your capital in 1930
Dutch:
  • Control 5 Cities in Indonesia with an average population of 7 in 1900
  • control at least 4 plots on the European mainland in 1935
  • Be in the top 3 in score in 1940
Mexico:
  • No European Cities in Mexico or the Caribbean in 1875
  • Control 3 American Cities by 1920
  • Be higher in score than America in 1920
Brazil:
  • Control Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Colombia by 1920
  • Have more than 11 cities and an average city size of 9 in 1930
  • Be in the Top 3 in score in 1940
Argentina:
  • Control Chile, Peru, Paraguay by 1930
  • Win 2 wars against a European country /America (make them give you stuff to end the war) by 1935
  • Be in the Top 3 in Manufacturing and Food Produced and Top 5 in Score in 1940
Scandinavia:
  • Be #1 in approval rate and life expectancy in 1930
  • Control a city in Denmark and 2 in Russia by 1940
  • Never loose a city in Scandinavia by 1945
Germany:
  • Most Manufactured Goods Produced in 1913
  • Have 1.5x as many troops as the next largest military in 1935
  • Control Scandinavia, England, France, Italy and 2 Cities in Russia by 1945
Ethiopia:
  • Never Loose a city to Ottomans or Italians by 1890
  • No Italian Cities in Ethiopia in 1930
  • Be in the Top 10 in score in 1945
Iran:
  • Black Sea Access and no Russian cities in the Caucuses in 1895
  • Open borders or mutual trade deals with 5 European civilizations in 1890
  • No European Colonies in the Persian Gulf, Iran, Caucuses or Afghanistan in 1910
Canada: (1931)
  • No American Cities in Canada or Russian Cities in Alaska by 1940
  • Be in the Top 4 in score, manufactured goods, and food produced in 1945
  • Build 80 Troops between 1940 and 1945
India: formed with a successful revolt against the British or in 1931
  • Have 4 different great people settled in your capital in 1940
  • Have 5 cities with population greater than 14 in 1940
  • No European Colonies in Indochina, Pakistan or Afghanistan in 1945
Australia: (1931)
  • Control 7 islands in Oceania or Indonesia by 1940
  • Have 3 great generals appear between 1935 and 1945
  • No foreign plots on Australian mainland in 1945

Features:
Spoiler :

Colonial Revolutions: periodic uprisings of independents to try and free colonial possessions. Would require European empires to work hard to maintain colonial possessions into the 1900s.
Colony Civilizations: some former colonies will form there own civs either as part of a "commonwealth" or as separate states (Canada, Australia, India, Egypt)

I need suggestions about historically accurate UHVs and other suggestions in general

Interesting project, and good luck!

A few UHV suggestions:
England:
-control/vassalize India and Australia by ----
-Never lose a city in mainland England by (1930-50?)

Italy:
-Have at least (five?) deals including open borders and defensive pacts with Germany and Austria-Hungary each by 19--

Russia:
-Have the highest or second highest score by 19--

Spanish:
-Do not be at war with any major powers by 19--

Brazil:
-Be the richest nation by ----

Canada:
-No European or American cities in Canada by ----
-Have open borders and defensive pacts with America and three European civs? by 19--

Australia:
-No foreign cities in Australia, New Zealand, and New Guinea(or Oceania in general) by ----

Hope some of these help :D.

I've played this mod once, and I say to myself. This need to be fixed...
And well..
somebody trying to liven up my thought!

thought I'm not thinking to make it a RFC.. because I'm wondering how would I set who rise first and fall latter

Nice one!
Tell me if you need help in anything that's not Python or C++ structure.. I'll help :)

P.S

France never had any city in Indonesia. The only thing they ever ordered to built is just the Pantura road, and still exist till today :)

P.S

France never had any city in Indonesia. The only thing they ever ordered to built is just the Pantura road, and still exist till today :)

Control or vassalize it then?

And GEM lags a LOT between turns on a non-specialized Computer.

Perhaps I'm more patient, but I find turn speeds tolerable on a Pentium 4 3.2GHz

Perhaps I'm more patient, but I find turn speeds tolerable on a Pentium 4 3.2GHz

I guess it's a matter of tolerance, ha.

But still, I'd love to see this done in RFC.

I guess it's a matter of tolerance, ha.

But still, I'd love to see this done in RFC.

Get i5-2500k
Overclock
???
Profit (small turn times)

All of India's goals are within 15 years of its latest possible spawn date?

That seems impossible >.>

The Confederacy also doesn't make sense to me as, and I may be wrong, I'm pretty sure the breadbasket of the USA is the Midwest, which entirely stayed Union, even if some of the states(such as Missouri) had a little military coercion to do so. Also, the Confederates would have gladly gone with a "tie" in the war. Mere independence from the USA was a major victory for the CSA, no payment would have been necessary for them.

The 1860 GEM doesn't have the Rhye's and fall features. I for one would be ecstatic to play a RFC modmod with Canada in it.

Okay, I actually need some advice about how to include colonies that "peacefully" broke away from their colonial powers. You can't enter the game as a Civ's vassal?

You obviously are someone who cares a lot about game efficiency. Do you have any suggestions about the number of turns? I need to balance America needing to be able to complete its first objective (defeat confederacy) without having blisteringly boring games when the Second World War rolls around. Speaking of World Wars, should I script a "assasination of the archduke" to drive civs to war or let aggressive AIs and historical victory goals do the motivating?

France never had any city in Indonesia. The only thing they ever ordered to built is just the Pantura road, and still exist till today

Thanks for the advice. I was rushing to fill in the historical victories. By the way there was a typo the first french goal ends in 1871.

Control or vassalize it then?

European civilizations did exert a lot of control of local civilizations even if they weren't directly in control. I can't have too many "playable" civilizations to vassalize though. I think that the system of vassals needs to be changed slightly because control/vassalize UHVs are often too easy.

I have done some more thinking and started putting some of the UHVs. The first post has been updated

Okay, I actually need some advice about how to include colonies that "peacefully" broke away from their colonial powers. You can't enter the game as a Civ's vassal?

I think there are ways to code a vassal on spawn. I'm not a coder, however; though there is a modding Q&A thread right in this modmod forum.

You obviously are someone who cares a lot about game efficiency. Do you have any suggestions about the number of turns? I need to balance America needing to be able to complete its first objective (defeat confederacy) without having blisteringly boring games when the Second World War rolls around.

First up, winning a war in about 8 turns would be difficult, to say the least. With the amount of devastation it's supposed to create for the South, and the bloodiness of the war, you might need to extend the date or the turns per year for gameplay's sake. Unless, you tip the war in the union's favor(Granted, it'd historically be like that). The latter would be better, it'd make for a challenging game for both; more of a war of survival for the South and a war of time for the north. The former may yeild imbalances in time.

As for the almost a hundred years wait for the next major conflict, I'd suggest a tweak to the second and third UHVs. I think the second should have a change in due date to around the 80's-2000. The second could be control those areas as mentioned, and make sure no European colonies exist in North America(Central and Carribeans inclusive) so they are busy in those years. They won't be over-worked as Mexico and Canada would help in European removal, and it won't be an entirely boring game for that near 100 years no major conflict exists.

Speaking of World Wars, should I script a "assasination of the archduke" to drive civs to war or let aggressive AIs and historical victory goals do the motivating?

I agree to something that triggers the war like that. Though I think it shouldn't be absolute. We don't want a history game on rails, necessarily.

European civilizations did exert a lot of control of local civilizations even if they weren't directly in control. I can't have too many "playable" civilizations to vassalize though. I think that the system of vassals needs to be changed slightly because control/vassalize UHVs are often too easy.

You could give the AI a code to not vassalize peacefully so easily. I forget which mod did it, but one of them did so to Mansa Munsa. In that particular mod, I've never seen him vassalized without war. Might've been Synthesis(sp?)

Game play wise, I'd like to suggest that CSA better represented as a series of independent or barbarian cities, because though it controls major role in US History, they only last roughly 5 years, which if you use turns like 1862 Spring, 1862 Summer etc, it historically will last only 10 turns, which is too short rather than the initial turns you set, which I guess it's roughly around 2x(1900-1862+1) + 3x(1950-1900) + 4x(2010-1950) = 78 + 150 + 240 = 468 turns (Still too short, according to me :p )...

I agree on the length, and somewhat on the CSA.

Andif CSA is pulled, I think US UHV1 should change to "Take back all the Confederate states and establish the Manifest Destiny(That is, control most of the territory of modern US or simply span the US from coast to coast) by 1865 or 1875[Maybe add Alaska in there too- Manifest Destiny was pretty much accomplished by 1862 anyway.]

why 1862? why skip the mexican-american war? make them fight the mexicans and then spawn rebels on them.

because the original mod he want to create RFC modmod is 1862?
lol no idea..
But adjusting it into 1800AD or 1700AD is imo not a big problem haha

Starting date change is....Well, I'm not against it. 1700 might be too late- I'd say 1780 is the latest. 1800-1850 is a good range imo.

Top Bottom