1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Civilization Discriptions...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Mangas, Oct 13, 2010.

1. lichen8566

lichen8566 Warlord

Yes, I think the Egyptian, Mesopotamian and Indian civlizations are older than Chinese. But they are not as persistent Chinese. In the history, the people and culture of these civilizations were destroyed and replaced by other nations. Indeed, the China also was invaded in many times by other nations, but finnaly, these foreign nationalities were assimilated by the chinese culture. And I thinks this is the real strongest trait of the China civlization, not its science, enconomy or military in the ancient years or in the modern years.

2. lichen8566

lichen8566 Warlord

I'm very interested in your point of view and agreed with it. Yes, China will not become a super power which like the western civilizations did. In the powerful Ming dynasty of China, even China has a huge economy and military advantage than neighbour countries, China had not military expansion. Instead of it, in the seven times of Zheng He's Expedition, they distributed their wealth and established the diplomatic relations with the countries where they visited.

In the personal view, I think it's becaused of the China has long history of of agricultural civilization, and as a nation has a vast and wealthy territory and large population, the most important issue is to ensure domestic stability and unity, but not to expand. Even for now, it still is the most important issue. Maybe when China resolved these problems, the human have already enterd the age of space colonization. :D