Interesting Conundrum (math people help plx!)

EsoEs

Warlord
Just started a Siam game. My cap is perfectly situated for a GL start but I need some help with the math. Here's the start:

I guess my biggest problem in figuring out what to improve is that I dont know the improvement times for these tiles off the top of my head. I think a quarry and a mine are both 6 turns but I could be wrong.

So, based on my assumption that a quarry is 6 turns, I could either have the stone improved on the turn I begin the GL, or the Marble improved the turn after. Ill switch tiles to the 2 mines as well, so either I can start with 6 production (for 1 turn) on the Marble, or 8 if I start on the stone tile. I can then reach the gold mine in 1 turn from either square, (although I can start it a turn earlier coming from the stone) and theoretically have that improved in 6 turns.

6+((7*1.15)*6)= 54.3 220-54.3= 165.7
163.54/ ((9*1.15)= 16 turns for marble start (15.8)

8*6=48 220-48=172
172/10= 17 turns for stone start.

Am I doing this correctly? :p

Also this isn't that important, just trying to give our brains some excercise :D

Edit: It could also be that starting at either of these tiles is not as effecient as starting at 1 of the mine tiles, so I should rephrase my question to: What is the most efficient start for getting the GL in the above scenario?

Edit: Ok so a quarry is 6 turns, a mine is 5 turns.

Well, you might as well stop the worker on the local stone to give 1 turn to it. You can always move 1 tile and still put full production in, so instead of running straight to the marble, you can get 1 free turn off on the stone. Then continue to the marble the next turn (don't finish the stone until after).

I recommend getting the marble first. I don't see why this is such a beautiful GL start though. You have to go for masonry before writing. Why not build the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus in the meantime? Don't have the Wonders DLC?

I recommend getting the marble first. I don't see why this is such a beautiful GL start though. You have to go for masonry before writing. Why not build the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus in the meantime? Don't have the Wonders DLC?

nope, and I got masonry from a goodie hut :p

Are you going Liberty or Trad?

Personally I would go Marble, Silver, Stone, Silver, and use the sales from the first Marble to buy a Stoneworks (+2 prod this early on wonders is a pretty big deal)

Yeah, thats actually better than +15% on wonders. And 4 happiness...eh. But you don't need the extra happiness right now.

Top Bottom