1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Conundrum (math people help plx!)

Discussion in 'Strategy Forum' started by EsoEs, Sep 14, 2011.

1. EsoEs

EsoEs Warlord

Just started a Siam game. My cap is perfectly situated for a GL start but I need some help with the math. Here's the start:

I guess my biggest problem in figuring out what to improve is that I dont know the improvement times for these tiles off the top of my head. I think a quarry and a mine are both 6 turns but I could be wrong.

So, based on my assumption that a quarry is 6 turns, I could either have the stone improved on the turn I begin the GL, or the Marble improved the turn after. Ill switch tiles to the 2 mines as well, so either I can start with 6 production (for 1 turn) on the Marble, or 8 if I start on the stone tile. I can then reach the gold mine in 1 turn from either square, (although I can start it a turn earlier coming from the stone) and theoretically have that improved in 6 turns.

6+((7*1.15)*6)= 54.3 220-54.3= 165.7
    163.54/ ((9*1.15)= 16 turns for marble start (15.8)

8*6=48 220-48=172
    172/10= 17 turns for stone start.

Am I doing this correctly? :p

Also this isn't that important, just trying to give our brains some excercise :D

Edit: It could also be that starting at either of these tiles is not as effecient as starting at 1 of the mine tiles, so I should rephrase my question to: What is the most efficient start for getting the GL in the above scenario?

Edit: Ok so a quarry is 6 turns, a mine is 5 turns.

2. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Well, you might as well stop the worker on the local stone to give 1 turn to it. You can always move 1 tile and still put full production in, so instead of running straight to the marble, you can get 1 free turn off on the stone. Then continue to the marble the next turn (don't finish the stone until after).

I recommend getting the marble first. I don't see why this is such a beautiful GL start though. You have to go for masonry before writing. Why not build the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus in the meantime? Don't have the Wonders DLC?

3. EsoEs

EsoEs Warlord

nope, and I got masonry from a goodie hut :p

4. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Ah, I see. Then yes.

5. Sneaks

Sneaks Brooklyn Bum

Are you going Liberty or Trad?

Personally I would go Marble, Silver, Stone, Silver, and use the sales from the first Marble to buy a Stoneworks (+2 prod this early on wonders is a pretty big deal)

6. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

+3:c5production: actually, since the stoneworks itself gives 1.

7. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Yeah, thats actually better than +15% on wonders. And 4 happiness...eh. But you don't need the extra happiness right now.

8. Lrd Dread

Lrd Dread Prince

what is the wonders DLC?

9. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter