1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting discussion about DLCs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Fabiano1979, May 10, 2011.

1. Fabiano1979

Fabiano1979 Chieftain

Im not a fan of DLCs, I think they are not the better way to make profit. I prefer proper expansions with more content. But, Im not agaisnt the companies being lucrative, my problem is that the vanilla games are becoming more and more "dry" because of this "new model of business".

Total war Shogun 2 will have its first DLC, following the same model of ciV, selling factions (modders can easilly unlock factions on shogun2, so there will be some problems about this too).

Theres a interesting thread on the Total war center forum discussing this, even a dev, CraigTW, is over there saying what he thinks about DLCs.

Heres the link, maybe this will help someone over here decide if its ok or not to buy DLCs.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=450443