Interesting game I just played.

Alex Encandar

Chieftain
I founded my empire on conquering the french (5 colonies in the first 20 turns (marathon speed)) and on decimating the aztec. My army consisted of 8 soldiers or so, not too difficult to amass under washington.

I quickly expanded to a region about the size and location of brazil.

I declared independence in 1598, a personal record for me and prepared for the comming of the british. Oh, during this time I recieved 1 great general which I put on a ship of the line. I had a ton of spare gold, and decided if I could kill a british warship before it reached my shores (not easy since I was so close to the europe passage I had to block a ship with a few caravels.

He was actually worth the price, during the war he took out 2 man-of-wars accounting for 1/4th of the british army.

Anyways back to the story. So the british land and I discovered a couple things: don't reinforce colonies you don't mind losing, keep some cannons in reserve for when the british do take said colonies because they can provide a quick counter to them, and WATCH THE DAMN AZTECS!

I had left the aztecs alone once I declared independence, I assumed they weren't much of a threat since I had reduced their numbers to 1/10th their original mass.

With 1 british soldier to the north I presumed my victory was assured. It was a long march for my 5 remaining soldiers from the southern tip of my empire to the north since the british had demolished most of my road system.

Immediatly after reaching the southern tip however, the aztecs decided to attack! They had been amassing troops in preparation of retaking their homeland and were overall pissed off.

My troops did take out the last british soldier however during the 9 turns it took to reach him the aztecs had reduced my colonies from numbering in the low 30s to 3.

Another important fact I learned is that if you have spare guns in a colony, your colonists will defend your colonies for you. I might replay the last 20 turns or so and ship some guns to my borders.

My victory was complete in september of 1614, I'm curious, is that fast? Thanks for reading, hope I didn't bore you.

My victory was complete in september of 1614, I'm curious, is that fast?

Yes it is - my earliest finish was 1671 (on normal speed), however I do prefer a longer game. On the issue of the Aztecs, did you choose the 'native rights' freedom? I usually find this is enough to keep the indians off my back while I am fighting the WoI.

Top Bottom