Interesting idea for a new Civ Ability/Leader Bonus

Softly

Warlord
Never posted before, but a longtime Civ player and I’ve been reading these forums for years. Had a great idea for an interesting Civ Ability/Leader Bonus. Looking for comments/opinions and also trying to crowdsource which future Civ/Leader this could belong too.

“All worked tiles provide double yields, but require two citizens to work.”

This seems game-breaking overpowered at first glance, but would be balanced by the fact that odd numbered citizens would consume additional food without working additional tiles. For example a city with a population of 9 would consume more food, but have the same yield as a city with a population of 8. Obviously some mechanism would need to be put in place to make sure that cities with a population of one would be able to grow, something like “all cities gain an additional +2 food to the city center” or something else that serves that purpose.

Strengths: (beyond the obvious some tiles are better than others).

- Save a ton of builder charges as in theory you would be building about half the improvements.

- Versatility: This civ could have powerful cities on the coast, in desert, or tundra as long as there are nearby resources.

- Better district/wonder placement: How many times have you had to put a district in a sub-optimal spot since the optimal spot was a tile that you needed the city to work. Would make this less common.

- Closer more compact cities, which can help you hit district adj. bonuses as well as farm adj bonuses.

In my opinion, Civ Ability/Leader Traits are ones that allow for a unique and interesting playstyle, which this definitely would. the best Let me know what you guys think. Looking for comments/opinions and also trying to crowdsource which future Civ/Leader this could belong too.

- Closer more compact cities, which can help you hit district adj. bonuses as well as farm adj bonuses.

This effect is much overpowered: adjacent boni, defense cannonade, overcrowded map

Top Bottom