Interesting Immortal Map

Hi everybody. I've just finished the most exciting game I had in a while and would like to share it with you. It's Immortal, Fractal, Medium Sea Level, Standard size. Huts and events are on. The leader is Brennus, who I'm really growing fond of. One of the best warmongers, despite his slow start.

This is the starting location:

I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    62.1 KB · Views: 50
so many yellow tiles :yuck:

Might have the FP = food glitch. I'd move the scout up n over near river to see if moving can pick up another food resource.

Will play it as a break from spamming HoF challenger games.

Played it till 500 BC.

Spoiler :

This must be one of the worst capitals I have had yet :)
Moved to the plains hills and settled there. Still sometimes have to get used to normal speed.

Met almost all AI's, makes me think this some kind of Pangea map. Surrounding land was "ok" at best, so I first had the intention of rushing an AI.

Then I realised there was a big jungle with bundles of resources to the north, and I could block all the others AI's from getting it.

So i settled 5 cities now, 6 couple of turns away from settling. coming and last city function as blockers.

Churchill is already growing as a real powerhouse with ALOT of cities and alphabet 1500 BC.

General intentions are building a worker force, and using that force to start chopping down the jungle + settling 4/5 cities there.
Teched Aesthetics this turn, hoping I can trade it for at least Alphabet and hopefully some filler techs (math would be greatly appreciated), though I have zero hope for any aesth wonders.

Alex is WHEOOHN, but I am almost 100% certain I am not his target, either Frederick or Churchill :goodjob:

Attached save if you want to have a look.

Attachments

• Brennus BC-0500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    151.7 KB · Views: 27
Start to Finish
--

Spoiler :

I really didn’t like the fact I had no builder resources or traits. However, this didn’t stop me from going after TGL, the only problem is I was forced to abandon the NE since it didn’t seem cost effective.

I ran a full blown SE anyhow, so great people were easy enough to come by. I did grab a few off things though, like S-Paya, and even the SoZ for culture defense.

I began throwing techs around left and right just to cause a lot of fights with everyone. It was costly but it worked. Meanwhile, I still kept creeping up to my favourit war-units, and eventually I was in a spot ready to chose whatever target I wanted. I started with Bismark and his vassal, cutting down a powerful shrine. I took a bunch of cities from them, unfortunately stupid Churchill wouldn’t vassal to me. I don’t get it, he was friendly vassaling a couple times to other people, why not me? I had him by a factor of 10 on the power scale, and he wouldn’t even think of capitulating !??

I then made peace and headed off to nail stupid Willem, along with my trusty friend Perc. Perc took one city, while I grabbed the rest, leaving one (or two?) just so I could trade techs with my now crippled vasssal, haha.

Then I turned around all my cuirassiers and re-DoW on Bismark. Eventually I was able to crank out cavalry, but most the work was still being done fine with tons and tons and tons of cuirassiers. Interestingly enough, with me having insane power, and having 2 vassals, stupid Churchil, with just ONE city left, STILL refused to capitulate to me.

WTF is this, another bug again? Whatever, I just let my other vassal (willem) finally wipe that city out, and that was the end of that.

Lastly, I then threw everything against my old friend Perc, and blasted him off the face of the earth in reccord time. That said, I owned the largest continent, GG.

Oh, what the hell, I decided to go for finish just to see what Roosevelt would do. He DoWed on me a couple times and got no where with me. Him and Izzy were the idiots. Trying to do an amphibious invasaion, and losing entire groups against a singe Drill IV MG fortified in a coastal city with culture defence.. Buwahahah! God this AI is STUPID!

Later on they would move all their transports (dozens of them in a group) next to my city, but not unload!! So that bought me time to nuke everything to the bottom without even getting any fallout. Stupid…

Eventually I built the damn UN just to save time and win through diplomacy. I didn’t feel like forcing myself to continue on when it seemed obvious I couldn’t possibly lose. AI was too stupid for any challenge there.

1 AD

Spoiler :

Settled in place. Sure enough, crappy capitol. Oh well.

Easy situation for religion ---> some blocking room and (AT FIRST) nobody had one so I oracle'd CoL. Of course Willem manages to found a very late hinduism...he gets it about 5-6 turns before I get confucianism. Figures. Initially churchill/bismark went confuc. though and that caused turmoil. Alex has already fought them both.

I also picked up stonehenge and have great library. With religion already founded (read: denied willem) I am going to go sistine so that nobody can win culture...haha!

1944 Space

Spoiler :

There were some more wars on my continent, churchill capped alex. I flipped churchill back to confuc since I was bored and willem was FR (went confuc myself too). Good shrine income I guess. Better than building wealth anyhow.

I lost lib badly to willem and generally was behind until bio ----> trade bait ----> rep spec. Oxford ~1250 AD. From there I went radio (trade possibilities), AL, then towards computers. Along the way I got an engineer so picked up mining inc (about 6 hammers/turn, not impressive.

Izzy was furious with churchill/vassal alex and I ran theo to keep her cautious. They fought once too but nothing eventful. Willem culture whored but losing sistine and confuc nerfed him out of contention (his #3 city was around 38k as of finish). I ran my 9 cities all the way to space.

I was production limited because we don't have AL. At least not w/o war or a corp (should have saved a scientist damn it). Well, it meant launching with 3 thrusters and 1 engine, 5 casings, 1 of the rest. It's not like the AIs were going to launch a faster ship in time:

Internet really helped me. I got rockets, satellites, and composites from it along with the standard backfill fare.

Roosevelt managed to get all the tech by the end of the game but nobody else launched.

1 AD

Spoiler :

Settled in place. Sure enough, crappy capitol. Oh well.

Easy situation for religion ---> some blocking room and (AT FIRST) nobody had one so I oracle'd CoL. Of course Willem manages to found a very late hinduism...he gets it about 5-6 turns before I get confucianism. Figures. Initially churchill/bismark went confuc. though and that caused turmoil. Alex has already fought them both.

I also picked up stonehenge and have great library. With religion already founded (read: denied willem) I am going to go sistine so that nobody can win culture...haha!

1944 Space

Spoiler :

There were some more wars on my continent, churchill capped alex. I flipped churchill back to confuc since I was bored and willem was FR (went confuc myself too). Good shrine income I guess. Better than building wealth anyhow.

I lost lib badly to willem and generally was behind until bio ----> trade bait ----> rep spec. Oxford ~1250 AD. From there I went radio (trade possibilities), AL, then towards computers. Along the way I got an engineer so picked up mining inc (about 6 hammers/turn, not impressive.

Izzy was furious with churchill/vassal alex and I ran theo to keep her cautious. They fought once too but nothing eventful. Willem culture whored but losing sistine and confuc nerfed him out of contention (his #3 city was around 38k as of finish). I ran my 9 cities all the way to space.

I was production limited because we don't have AL. At least not w/o war or a corp (should have saved a scientist damn it). Well, it meant launching with 3 thrusters and 1 engine, 5 casings, 1 of the rest. It's not like the AIs were going to launch a faster ship in time:

Internet really helped me. I got rockets, satellites, and composites from it along with the standard backfill fare.

Roosevelt managed to get all the tech by the end of the game but nobody else launched.

Spoiler :
Why would you go all farms there? Why not getting cottages up, as it seems to be land to the noth of your capitol that is absolutely amazing for cottages. Why the all-food approach? Did you run that many scientists to fuel research?

Spoiler :
Why would you go all farms there? Why not getting cottages up, as it seems to be land to the noth of your capitol that is absolutely amazing for cottages. Why the all-food approach? Did you run that many scientists to fuel research?

Spoiler :

What I ran was a lot of whips. The eastern ones were for the good ole sistine culture press, the ones on the west were founded a bit later and I wasn't sure on the returns of cottages there. I thought about going emancipation cottages later but by then the farms just fit better to finish whipping infra.

My tech rate was a little sluggish until rep/bio, in large part due to having to clear jungle and not having a good capitol.

I considered going culture this game and probably could have since the AI took so long to get any VC, but space was a bit safer.

Did not find it any interesting
Spoiler :

Once i saw two gold near Alex and copper nearby... [I took care of him not improving copper for too long]

Having seven cities at 1000BC and double gold to pay for them[+some nice plain cottages in cap worked by copper city] means end of game.

Might upload few pictures in spare time...

Meh, why it starts seeming AI on immortal never builds enough units?

Will give a go later today. From picture i would settle 1S to pick grassland hill.

You'd give up 2 riverside grasslands and possibly settle on a resource or giving up a resource. I guess you can pick up stuff too but it's always more painful to give up a better starting position. :lol:

Top Bottom