1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Interesting observation about AI production bonus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Tobiyogi, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi King

Wanted to try out a completely unknown mapscript and rolled an Emperor AW game on a small "Rainforest" map.

It was not easy to get any production going (whipping is key), but the AI seems to struggle much more.

In 625, no-one has build any wonder yet and I was accidentally oracling Feudalism (which is a winning guarantee for AW). Also, I am first place in soldiers while i have declared on everyone long ago (because it is pangea type of map). This is normally not possible if you knew what a terrible unit spammer I am!

So seems to me that AI gets huge bonuses on hammers and cannot leverage its discount when the map is covered with grassland jungles :goodjob:

Fine with me, it will become tougher, I know, but i am in a good position right now and i like that worker-intensive type of game.

Spoiler screenies :
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG