Interface bugs/complaints -- otherwise love the game

minger

Warlord
Just a listing of some interface bugs/problems. This list is meant to be constructive, in the hopes that they will fix them in next patch (and they seem easy to fix). Otherwise am very much enjoying the game.

- sorting the cities by research output does not actually sort the cities by research output (sorting by other criteria does work though)

- when you pull up the city list in the upper left corner, and you click on one, it takes you to the city. When you pull up the detailed city list though, you cannot click on any of the cities to directly take you there. This is very annoying because I want to jump to my highest-research-producing city, etc.

- there should at least be a find function on the map to help you find cities , like in the old civs

- there should be an easily accessible list of hotkeys. When i enter "hotkeys" in civilopedia nothing comes up. I shouldn't have to scout internet forums to have to print out a list of them.

- some of the diplomatic exchanges are sloppily written and/or random. I am mainly talking about the message you get when you attack a city-state, about how strong people shouldn't pick on the weak. Your responses, "Very well" and "I'll never let you get away with this" (or whatever) seem totally non-responsive --- it would have taken a high schooler 30 minutes to come up with something that makes more sense. Also, I get that "strong picking on weak" message from someone even many many turns after I have attacked a city state, to the point where I have no idea what they are talking about.

- in the city screen, when you mouse-over some of the things you are producing (i.e., food, culture), the breakdown needs to be more detailed/informative. When I mouse over my city producing 12 culture, it says that the 12 culture comes from "buildings." Well, duh. (Unless culture to a specific city comes from something else?) Of course they are from buildings - I want to know precisely which ones.

- similar to previous, is befriending/allying with a maritime city state not working? After I allied with one, I was supposed to get plus 3 food in all cities. Yet when I moused over the food icon in the city screen, there was no indication whatsoever that I was getting food from any city state. It just said X from terrain, Y from buildings. (Again, WHICH buildings?)

That's all I can think of for now!

Additional gripe:

- Please please bring back some method of saving building queues. It's very annoying to have to tell cities to build the same thing over and over

- Otherwise, please allow some shortcut key to allow you to add buildings/units to the queue WITHOUT having to click "add to queue" and then do it, and then to uncheck "add to queue" if you want to CHANGE production. It's very counterintuitive and wasteful.

Call me blind but I can't figure out how many of each luxuries I posses. I can see my strategic resources top of the screen, but where is the info on all luxuries kept?

Top Bottom