1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Interface Not Appearing

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice' started by Bromtaghon, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Bromtaghon

Bromtaghon Chieftain

Hello everybody,
    For some reason, whenever I load Fall From Heaven: Age of Ice, the interface never appears. What's odder is that it appears in all my other games, like Fall from Heaven II, Earth18Civs, or any other standard games. I know Ctrl-I and Alt-I minimize the interface, but how do I bring it back?

2. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

3. Bromtaghon

Bromtaghon Chieftain

I don't have a Beyond the Sword/Assets/Python folder. And what does that problem have to do with mine?

4. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

If you're using Vista, then try running the game as an administrator, i.e., right-click on the BtS icon in the program list or in the BtS folder and select "run as administrator." For some reason, the FfH AoI scenario is the only one that needs this.

5. Bromtaghon

Bromtaghon Chieftain

I'm running Vista, but I can't seem to find the BtS folder. Or more, I found one (in Documents --> My Games --> Beyond the Sword), but there's no icon to run Beyond the Sword. Is there another folder somewhere?

6. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

@Bromtaghon:

Don't go via your Documents folder. Unless your installation was different, the path to the BtS folder should be something like the following:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword

7. Bromtaghon

Bromtaghon Chieftain

Thank you, I found the folder, I'm testing it to see if it works.

8. dwaxe

dwaxe is not a fanatic

Run BTS as an administrator (right click on the shortcut, go to Properties > Compatibility > select "Run as Administrator".

I had this same exact problem and it worked for me. It sounds ******ed and I cannot think of any possible reason why it makes it work, but it does :D.

9. deanej

deanej Chieftain

It's because Age of Ice writes debug information to the disk. In the BtS folder (the one in Program Files). Program Files is a protected folder in Vista.

10. elisk

elisk Mongol Warlord

I had a similar problem after I installed the BUG mod. Are you running that mod?

11. whereswaldo001

whereswaldo001 Chieftain

Hey guys, I have a small problem...
    See, when I bought Civ IV, I bought it in the "complete edition" form, so all the games were automatically installed to my Games folder (I'm running Vista). When I try to move it, it just creates a shortcut, and when I go to the properties of the shortcut, there is no Compatability tab. There isn't even a Properties tab when I right-click the game in the Games folder. Any ideas?

12. deanej

deanej Chieftain

The Games "folder" is not where the game is installed. It's just a shell location in Vista that has a link to the game. It isn't even a folder like Documents or Pictures.

You need to go the where the game is actually installed - probably something like C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Complete\Beyond the Sword or something like that.

13. whereswaldo001

whereswaldo001 Chieftain

ohh alright, I understand now, thank you!