Interface problems

Guynemer

King
I am unable to get this mudpack to function, and I'm hoping one of you knowledgeable people will help me.

I have downloaded all four items (map, CAT, interface, CEP) from the Steam Workshop. However, when activated, I am unable to choose any production, and the interface in the city screen in bugged--numbers missing on the left, headers missing on the right. I have deleted to modusersdata and cache folders to no avail; I redownloaded the mods multiple times also with no improvement.

I've narrowed it down to the CAT portion; if I load that by itself, without the map or interface or CEP, the problem still happens. Also, the opening narration (O great Napoleon Bonaparte, etc etc) doesn't play, though I do not know if that is intended or not.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

The download from the Steam workshop is bugged.

There is a fix included with the GitHub download, though that will require you to 'build' the mod.

If that is not an option for you, then there is a fix here provided by one of the users.

Ahhh, gramercy! I thought I had messed something up. Looking forward to playing the new build; haven't given this mod a go since BNW came out.

...and I'm still having the same problems.

Unsubscribed to everything on the Workshop, deleted everything again in the mods, moduserdata, and cache folders, downloaded from github, and put the four files in the mods folder. Still the same thing.

Poop.

EDIT: However, downloading that file Wolverine2112 posted in the other thread and overwriting with that seems to have done the trick. I've no idea why, but I'm not going to argue with it.

I'm sorry you are having troubles.

I have no way of fixing the Steam download. If you mean you have downloaded the "Released versions" from GitHub then you will still need to apply the fix.

I have now uploaded a HOTFIX at GitHub.
You can get it here.

I'm sorry you are having troubles.

I have no way of fixing the Steam download. If you mean you have downloaded the "Released versions" from GitHub then you will still need to apply the fix.

I have now uploaded a HOTFIX at GitHub.
You can get it here.

ExpiredReign - I know yourself along with others work very hard to make this the best MOD pack and all of us thank you very much. I wanted to let you know I just DL'd the out fix from your link and tried starting a new game and got the same results - not able to set production.

Really!:eek:

Can you provide logs please?
You did clear your cache first?

I experienced the error and fixed it at my end and it works perfectly.
Just checked to make sure the download matches my copy and it should work as described.

I'm pretty sure you will have to unsubscribe from Steam as well. If you don't your Steam installation will probably override the non-Steam hotfix.
I could be wrong about that, I tend to avoid Steam as much as possible.

I get the same with 3.11.1a.

A lot of errors in the log files - some of them from other mods (but based on communication with authors and testing these seem to be irellevant).

The last set of lines from database.log are written every time I try opening the production queue.

\Skodkim

I will state the obvious again.
If you have subscribed to this mod on Steam you will need to unsubscribe. Also please clear your cache before starting a game.

@Skodkim
The logs you supplied show the exact same errors as the Steam release version shows.
The HOTFIX changes the CEAI_FixTables.lua to rectify the syntax errors like this:

Code:
IconAtlas                      = "WORLDSIZE_ATLAS"[COLOR="Blue"]}[/COLOR]

The } in blue is in the HOTFIX. The problematic version has instead a comma (,).

This file has blocks of code that start with code like this:
Code:
GameInfoCep.Worlds[0] = {

These blocks must all have a closing } for the code, and the whole file, to work.
So, check that file, each GameInfoCep.Worlds block must be correct.

I have attached the file in question.

Attachments

• CEAI_FixTables.7z
    3.1 KB · Views: 52
I just downloaded from the Github Again making sure that it was the hotfix (3.11.1a).

The download contains the CEAI_FixTables.lua with errors!

\Skodkim

Yes, I'm an experienced MOD user. I unsubscribed from steam, deleted all MOD content from folder, cleared cache and moduserdata. Re-installed the hotfix and received the same production bug. Sorry, no logs I cleared everything again and re-installed 3.11, which is the last known working copy, and started a new game. Thanks.

edit: I fixed the syntax errors mentioned above and everything seems to be working.

I also was having the same problem after downloading from github, even the Hotfix version. Downloading the fixed LUA file that was linked in the other thread and overwriting what I got from github solved the problem.

Guys, I apologize if I came across as a bit angry.

I know you are capable modders and know what needs to be done, it's just, I am looking at the file I originally uploaded and it contains the corrected file!:confused:

Can you tell me, what is the name of the file you originally downloaded? Is it Download_CEP_3.11.1a.7z?

If it is something different, then I believe GitHub may have done some background changing and gave out another file.

I am as bamboozled as you are upset.

Guys, I apologize if I came across as a bit angry.

I know you are capable modders and know what needs to be done, it's just, I am looking at the file I originally uploaded and it contains the corrected file!:confused:

Can you tell me, what is the name of the file you originally downloaded? Is it Download_CEP_3.11.1a.7z?

If it is something different, then I believe GitHub may have done some background changing and gave out another file.

I am as bamboozled as you are upset.

Thats the name :crazyeye:

\Skodkim

To @skodkim, @Kakafika, @SgtCiv, @Guynemer and anyone else that was messed up by my "HOTFIX", an unreserved apology. Sorry.

To this moment I have no idea what happened. I made the change and was playing the game without fault but for some reason the file in the 7z just wasn't the one I had edited.

For me to 'go off' on you like that is not right. I hate it when I see others do it, now I did it.:(

I think I need to take some time away and chill out.

Again, my sincere apologies.

To @skodkim, @Kakafika, @SgtCiv, @Guynemer and anyone else that was messed up by my "HOTFIX", an unreserved apology. Sorry.

To this moment I have no idea what happened. I made the change and was playing the game without fault but for some reason the file in the 7z just wasn't the one I had edited.

For me to 'go off' on you like that is not right. I hate it when I see others do it, now I did it.:(

I think I need to take some time away and chill out.

Again, my sincere apologies.

@ExpiredReign, you and all the other modders are doing a fantastic job here! Don't be so hard on yourself as these things will happen!

I actually don't think you're we're so bad :) On the other hand I - and probably a lot of other people - spend a lot of time tracking down bugs. Actually I spend more time tracking down and reporting bugs than I do playing (as my wife loves pointing out). I guess its just part of my nature (I hate bugs), so I take pride in it. It's also been a rather big part of my professional life for the last ~10 years. Guess what I'm trying to say is that it does seem as though we're not really on the level sometimes. I can make a mistake when I make a report like this, but if I say the file in the download has errors a "supporter/developer" should look in the download file, not files on his computer, check if his version works in, etc...

Once again - don't be so hard on yourself. This mod is developing into something fantastic because of all of you and a lot of people really appreciate it!

(And don't go to far away - your work is much needed and appreciated)

\Skodkim

@ExpiredReign, you and all the other modders are doing a fantastic job here! Don't be so hard on yourself as these things will happen!

I actually don't think you're we're so bad :) On the other hand I - and probably a lot of other people - spend a lot of time tracking down bugs. Actually I spend more time tracking down and reporting bugs than I do playing (as my wife loves pointing out). I guess its just part of my nature (I hate bugs), so I take pride in it. It's also been a rather big part of my professional life for the last ~10 years. Guess what I'm trying to say is that it does seem as though we're not really on the level sometimes. I can make a mistake when I make a report like this, but if I say the file in the download has errors a "supporter/developer" should look in the download file, not files on his computer, check if his version works in, etc...

Once again - don't be so hard on yourself. This mod is developing into something fantastic because of all of you and a lot of people really appreciate it!

(And don't go to far away - your work is much needed and appreciated)

\Skodkim

I will have to - :agree: - with everything said.
I understand that everyone can get a little upset at times. We are only human after all.
I've said it many times but I'll say it again that all of the people that help make this the best MOD to play CivV with have my utmost THANKS!!
I just wish I could do more than just report problems as they are found, but I guess that is some what important also. LOL!!

Top Bottom