Internal Affairs

So we have a choice between food and wine! Ham Sandwich (or Hamburger?) will give us growth to get the third city settled sooner, The Vineyard will help with our economy more. Still a little time before we have to choose finally.

We will however have to choose a tech next turn.

Furiey said:
We will however have to choose a tech next turn.

And choosing a tech will definitely go hand in hand with choosing the next city: do we go for AH or Ag and a ham sandwich? Or do we go towards Pottery and get drunk on wine?

I'd like to get drunk on wine and crank out cottages. Pottery here.

Pottery is my vote too.

I am going to be disagreeable and come down hard for And I will also come down softly for Mining and Bronze Working. It will be yet awhile before we can make use of cottages and there are a couple of likely looking hills at home.

the thing about cottages is the quicker you build them, the more power they have. I'd be fine gettig Mining before Pots but not mining and BW.

Would the city north of the wines, having access to the FP, grow more quickly - regardless of what tech we pick? I know that health would be a consideration, and I don't know the odds so that maybe waiting for pots and graneries would be best. But if pop for further cities is our goal, the FP seem to be attractive.

I still want to go Mining -> BW. We don't have a worker so cottages are no use right now. Knowing where the bronze is located is more important.

The question I have is what is our coming build order?
How many turns before we pop a worker and settler?

Bede may be right in that we won't have any use for pottery if we don't have any cities, workers or settlers to build cottages with. BW seems to be the better option because we can find another resource and mine some hills in the capital.

I had assumed that we would build a warrior and then a worker. So ~7 turns (pulled out of the nether-regions) until a worker and then maybe another warrior then a settler?

How does that sound. I'm just spamming posting a lot today since it's my last day of being at work for a week or so. :D

Tubby Rower said:
How does that sound. I'm just spamming posting a lot today since it's my last day of being at work for a week or so. :D

Work will be a relief in a week and a half...:lol:

if we build at size 2 working the fish and the wheat, we will consume be doing +5fpt+2hpt, or 7combo, for a worker in 9t. a warrior before that may allow us to get to size 3, which will net us another hammer, or 8 combo for a worker in 8t.

Somebody (sorry, can't remember) mentioned it before, Warrior until size 3 and then worker seems ideal. We can break out the half baked warrior anytime we need him.

I notice we went for BW, well to me it seems like a fair "wait and see" move, as I'm not really prepared to make a decision on the city until the fog lifts west of Ham Sandwich, and, of course, a copper source might make all the difference.

Bede, you made the front page!:goodjob:
Otherwise.. umm... go... London!

Hmm.. 3 posts in a row seems poor form to me. Anyway...

It seems we found the east coast. I wonder if there is a choke point to the north, or another red herring peninsula. It'd be nice to get a galley out there...

How is tech coming along, (oh) Bede (of much useful information)?

When are you guys going to find someone for me to talk to? I relish the opportunity to talk to some other teams about what's up. :D

Whomp said:
When are you guys going to find someone for me to talk to? I relish the opportunity to talk to some other teams about what's up. :D
Talk to? We talk with the non-idiots? :D Is that in game or trough boards here?

Sorry for my ignorance just joined and learning the ropes :)

Melhisedek said:
Talk to? We talk with the non-idiots? :D Is that in game or trough boards here?

Sorry for my ignorance just joined and learning the ropes :)
Good to see you Mel. :thumbsup:

We will talk to non-idiots. Once we meet some of the other teams and we get alphabet, open borders, trade routes etc. we can start discussing our lives with each other. The diplomacy aspect of the game will be done out of game and typically happens on IM. I like it. The civ3 MTDG diplo has been very interesting.

Good to see you guys as well !

I see, am still kicking myself for binging on WoW and leaving Civ3 last year :( I tried reading but you guys are way to far there, I have no idea what is going on :/

Damn diplo sounds like a great idea, looking forward to that part, right now I need to learn to play once more :)

Kickbooti said:
Work will be a relief in a week and a half...:lol:
Indeed it is :D

I feel sorry for Sherry being at home with a 2 week old and a 2 year old

still catching up with the reading.

Top Bottom