Internal Affairs

why the wheel? do we need to hook up anything yet? I think that AH would provide better knowledge if researched earlier. namely if a settler is produced, we'll know where to put it

We haven't yet produced a Worker and we only have the one Warrior exploring so we should have time to research both The Wheel and Animal Wifery before then. Researching The Wheel will allow us to connect in the corn and start roading to the next city site, otherwise our worker won't have much to do for the 10 turns that it will take us to research AH. It would take 20 turns for IW. I think it's 6 turns to go on the Wheel = 16 turns for The Wheel and Animal Wifery. Queue is Worker (2)->Warrior(2)->another Warrior? (5)-> Settler? (13) = 22 turns, or 17 turns without the second Warrior.

Furiey said:
Animal Wifery
:lol: I'm glad we have you to keep us guys straight on the terminology.

I don't know about you guys, but if I used "animal wifery" around MY wife, I think I would be herstory.

Rik Meleet said:
Let me tell you a secret about Furiey. She is not a guy. :eek:
:eek: :cry:

Does anyone know where bradleyfeanor is? It might be helpful for him to give some of his thoughts here since davemcw has proven to be a very aggressive player in our pitboss game and Epsilon will be a major threat with his turnplay.

It is t32 coming up with city growth in 1 and a third warrior in two and the worker will have finished the corn. We have Wheels.

There are two warriors killing bad lions and wolves already.

On T32 I think we should switch to a settler leaving the warrior in queue.

City planners need to open the last save or look at some of the posted screenshots of the west and figure out where to send the settler when she is done.

I agree with that build queue, and there are still two more things that may affect city placement: horses, if any, will be uncovered in 7 (iirc), and the fog west of Hamburger, which the warrior is heading for. Otherwise the two plots are fairly obvious, but I vote for the northern Hamburger (red), as more food means more pop, and quicker growth and further workers and settlers.
/EDIT Here is a map (I added in a few other options incase people wanted them, but red and blue seem best to me (although light blue does get the juicy desert floods) :
Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG

BTW, here is the tech tree after we just finished the wheel. I have highlighted quite a few to show the number of turns, so that will have to be fixed later.
Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG

I like the red dot first, then the dark blue, though further western exploration may reveal some juicier territory.

I have a feeling that our best source of commerce is sea based not land based. So further movement west along the coast will help.

red dot is a good spot. it's very shield heavy with good food as well. recommend we use it at first for military builds. spit out a couple of warriors to keep the barbs at bay via fog busting, then go for a rax.

Given what we know about the lay of the land I think the Red Dot makes most sense for the next city. Aside from food and production it is close enough for mutual defense against barbs.

As for tech, I think that Pottery would be good to get some towns going. After that hunting-archery, since we don't have copper we will need something other than warriors but I believe that running for Iron working right now may be too risky given what techs we would forgoe in the short-game.

Staring even closer at the blue end of the spectrum. go dark blue, then move cyan 1SE1E to the grasslands. Has two FP on the founding and more grass south (I think) It does have a desert field or two but that's not all bad.

Has the capitol been MMed? Should we shift any of the production off food and onto the hills for the double hammers? Would that get our settler any more quickly?

none of the hills have yet been mined. IMO we should mine a hill with the worker next so this and future settlers get that additional shield per turn. After that I would find something productive for him to do to kill time before the settler comes out, but when the settler is done I would think it would be better to get the plains irrigated for the red dot.

Agreed, mine that hill and then continue the road to the west to link the future Hamburger site.

There is copper in the west!!!!

Top Bottom