Internet Game - CFC game

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
Hi.

I've tried to play online but 9 out of 10 games end because of unfriendly or unreliable kids... so I would like to play with some reliable friendly people online... who is interested?

My settings options would be as follows:

SETTINGS
- 4 to 6 players
- What terrain type? Random?

OPTIONS
- No TEch Trading
- Raging Barbs
- Require Complete Kills
- No Vassal States

VICTORY CONDITIONS
- All

MPP OPTIONS
- Simultaenous Turns
- Take Over AI
- Turn timer: FAST(?)

GAME DETAILS
- Start Date: Not yet

HOUSERULES
- No MODs or changed files - everyone should have the same definitions

I am open to other proposals. I would just not like to do the 'blazing' speed.

Hmmm.... 1h30m from the game start and there seems to be no 'quorum'... :(

I think 3 players would be the minimal... I'll came back here today at 20h GMT but probably I'll have to play with unfriendly people again...

I am interested but I think you should post in the Pitboss sub forum for new people.

Well, you linked me to this thread, so I thought I might as well make an appearance.

Hi there.

It seems it's easier to discuss this issues in the PBEM thread than here... :sad:

But let's count the guns... me, you, Hercules, probably metraninja, gpcii, ... 4/5 is already a decent number

So what settings would you recommend?

Normal or quick speed, normal or large world size.
Maybe Archipelago with low sea level?
What about Nighthawk and Eclipse?

As far as I know it hasn't happened yet. Anyone got suggestions for a time?

This is also in the PBEM introductions and suggestions thread:

My family will be out of town leaving me with an empty house, internet, and obviously lots of time for civ next week. I'm hoping to set up my annual 6 hours of mid-week live civ for one of the days next week if at all possible. My plan is to take off Thursday if necessary which gives me a huge block of time from Weds evening July 10 through Thurs afternoon July 11. If anyone is interested in planning a game, send me a PM or an email if you have it, or even respond on this thread.

If you've ever tried playing this game of ours online, you've noticed that literally every game available is simply "FFA Pangea" on quick speed and the fastest turn timer. The game is an ancient era rush game, it never lasts more than a couple hours and is absolutely no fun because there is no real diplomacy and everyone quits once someone has taken out a few players.

Imp. Knoedel got in on a game with me last year around this time, which was the motivation for the "Hub Always War" PBEM game we started. If we can get a few PBEM players, we should be able to organize a game that is a lot more true to a PBEM game - much slower turn timers, if any at all, normal game speed, different maps, etc. Obviously its a large time commitment, you have to be able to handle going 6 to 8 hours straight with short breaks to make it worth it. However if you can spare the time, I'm sure Knoedel my frenemy will join and hopefully we can get 4 (or more) of us together for a different gameplay experience, at least for one night.

The game setup will be decided by us PBEMers, we can do anything from mods to scenarios to simply a random map, to different challenges, etc. I'm open to anything! So let me know if you are interested.

My prime playing time would be approx. July 10 2013 GMT 2300 through July 11 2013 GMT 2200. I'm willing to be flexible with a good block of time anywhere in there. That's translated to east coast USA time, 7/10/13 6pm to 7/11/13 5pm.

I'm also available Monday July 8 2013, however only GMT 2300 to GMT 0500, aka July 8 2013 6pm to 12pm. However if both times work, we can start a game for a few hours Monday, save it, and come back for the Wednesday finale. I have plans on Tuesday.

Look forward to hearing from some players!

Wow! In one setting? Sounds like fun, but I could never pull that off. Maybe a weekly set time of a couple hours, but never 6-8 in one day.

Aw that´s too bad. Would it help if we were to take a half hour break somewhere during the game?

Sorry, too many irons in the fire. My sweet spot for playing a game is between 10 PM est until 1 or 2 AM est. (not every day)

Unless, I hook my laptop up to the TV and convince my family that watching me play is "family time". Then I could start as early as 6 or 7 pm... :D

Unless, I hook my laptop up to the TV and convince my family that watching me play is "family time".

Do it. Ever since I pulled that off last month I´ve never played civ in my own room again.

Even still, the time frame suggested by NightHawk is no good for me. I would not be available that Wednesday till roughly 9:30 pm est, then I have to be at work the next day, so I would have to call it quits about 1 or 2 am est Thursday.

Well, you two need to work that out between yourselves somehow, as far as I´m concerned I could play anytime.

Sorry, too many irons in the fire. My sweet spot for playing a game is between 10 PM est until 1 or 2 AM est. (not every day)

Unless, I hook my laptop up to the TV and convince my family that watching me play is "family time". Then I could start as early as 6 or 7 pm... :D

I am similar, however I am usually in bed by 11 most nights. A weekly meeting for a live game doesn't work because I can't guarantee that I can play at any given time during weeknights... I also need to deal with putting kids down and my own chores, sometimes I just don't get to it or feel up to it.

This is a special circumstance for me in that my family will be out of town for most of the week, so I can afford to get started after work one day and play through the night, since I'm taking the next day off... it happens once a year around this time, and Knoedel seems to be my only regular playmate since he is a kid with no life :D

Top Bottom