1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Internet Project and No Technology Brokering

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unofficial Patches' started by Woody1, May 23, 2009.

1. Woody1

Woody1 Chieftain

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but I thought I'd throw it out there...

If you have the Internet Project, then any techs you get for free can be traded to other civs even if you're playing with the "No Technology Brokering" option. IMO, these shouldn't be allowed to be traded, because you didn't research them yourself.

However, it may be a feature, to allow the Internet to have additional power.

I'm just wondering if this has already been discussed.

2. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

I think it's working as designed.

No Tech Brokering actually means if you acquire the tech in a trade you can't resell (broker) it.

3. Yakk

Yakk Cheftan

*nod*, no tech brokering is an attempt to make trading away techs less dangerous.

I suppose the Internet could be changed so that it lets you trade away a tech once at least two other players can trade away the tech, and gives you access to the 'no trade' version once at least two players have it.

4. BwdYeti

BwdYeti Chieftain

Well, you can't trade away techs gained from goody huts when no tech brokering is on, and they're pretty comparable to me. I'd support not allowing techs gained by the Internet to be brokered.

5. grumbler

grumbler Chieftain

Can techs stolen by spies be brokered with "no tech brokering" on?