Interpreting your faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of wish there was another chart like this somewhere on the internet but with much more serious overtones.

Apparently I'm also an uneducated bigot :smug:

Congratulations on your narrow minded interpretation of religions!

given that homosexuality is tabooed in every society i have read about it seems unlikely that it ever served a social function in the evolutionary history of humanity. it could be a remnant behavior from our prehistoric evolutionary past, but i doubt it. i would say most 'natural' homosexuality comes from either childhood abuse or from being taught that homosexuality is a viable and acceptable alternative lifestyle. the permissiveness of homosexuality in the urban centers of western society is generating a greater incidence of homosexuality especially in adolescents who are for the first time in their lives becoming sexually aware in a meaningful way. for those of us who follow a faith that condemns the homosexual behavior our children are being done a huge injustice, because during this time of sexual questioning and discovery if they happen to choose the now more accpetable homosexual lifestyle (where before social taboos would steer them away from it), by the time they reach adulthood their comportment is more or less set and there is not much of a chance that the injustice done to them can be reversed. for those of us who follow a faith (which is the majority of us) this has serious implications on the Day of Judgement. Doesn't society have rights? Don't our children have the right to grow up in a society where homosexuality is still a taboo? Individual immorality is not a victimless crime. And for these my beliefs i am called a hateful bigot, because I want to protect my children (if i ever get around to having any)?

hate the sin, not the sinner. the above chart is full of logical fallacies.

Spam and flaming and crude attempts at argument aside, the chart is so deficient as to be invalid due to this possible loop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom