Interracial Couple is Denied Marriage Over Fears Over Their Future Children in La.

Do we not classify breeds of horses, dogs, cats, and every other animal/creature on our planet? What's so different about classifying humans?

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with genuine taxonomy. The actual genetic populations, outside of being too small diversely to warrant subspecies divisions termed "races", are not correlated with any naive category of human race.

Your are weirder if you agree with nothing less. You are probably a typical babbling liberal, with no real reasoning skills.
...and insulting people with no contribution to your arguement shows that you have the reasoning skils of Aristotle, or Glenn Beck or whatever.

You're saying that humans aren't organisms? The original taxonomy dealt with the classifying of organisms, which humans are. Therefore you are incorrect.

Humans aren't genetically diverse enough to warrant calling people from different regions, different "breeds".

...and insulting people with no contribution to your arguement shows that you have the reasoning skils of Aristotle, or Glenn Beck or whatever.

This whole thread is a joke and biased so what difference does it make. And thank you but I will always reply in kind to rudeness.

Humans aren't genetically diverse enough to warrant calling people from different regions, different "breeds".
If we applied humans the same standards that are applied to other species, we'd easily have a dozen subspecies of Homo sapiens.

(CNN) -- A Louisiana justice of the peace who drew criticism for refusing to marry an interracial couple has resigned, the secretary of state's office said Tuesday.

Keith Bardwell resigned in person at the Louisiana secretary of state's office, said spokesman Jacques Berry. The state Supreme Court will appoint an interim justice of the peace to fill Bardwell's position, Berry said, and a special election will be held next year to fill the position permanently.

Bardwell, a justice of the peace for Tangipahoa Parish's 8th Ward, refused to perform a marriage ceremony for Beth Humphrey, 30, and her boyfriend Terence McKay, 32, both of Hammond, Louisiana, and sign their marriage license. The two were married by another justice of the peace.

The couple filed a federal discrimination lawsuit against Bardwell and his wife, Beth Bardwell, on October 20, claiming the two violated the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

Bardwell, speaking to CNN affiliate WBRZ, said he was advised "that I needed to step down because they was going to take me to court, and I was going to lose."

"I would probably do the same thing again," he said. "I found out I can't be a justice of the peace and have a conscience."

Sen. Mary L. Landrieu, D-Louisiana, who had called for Bardwell's dismissal, said Tuesday night that "Bardwell has finally consented to the will of the vast majority of Louisiana citizens and nearly every governmental official in Louisiana. Bardwell's refusal to issue marriage licenses to interracial couples was out of step with our Louisiana values and reflected terribly on our state. We are better off without him in public service."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/03/louisiana.interracial.marriage/index.html

Apparently his resignation hasn't stopped the couple from proceeding against him and his wife.

Humphrey and McKay have filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against Bardwell and his wife.

Their attorney, Laura Catlett, said the resignation won't stop the lawsuit.

"We're saddened that it took national attention to this issue, which was decided back in 1967 by the Supreme Court, and also that it took public admonishment from other elected leaders in order for him to resign," Catlett said.

His quitting "does not in any way change the fact that he, with his wife's help, discriminated against an interracial couple while he was a public official," Catlett said.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_13710660

Top Bottom