Into The Future

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Heerlo, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

If you mean keep taking land from them, I'm not sure yet. I need to take them down a notch, so....

2. DemonicAppleGuY

DemonicAppleGuY King

Yeah they do have a lot of cities. You really need to rustle his jimmies.

3. MikeIII the 2nd

MikeIII the 2nd Warlord

and the #1 liberator award goes to...

4. Thewholeworld

Thewholeworld Chieftain

Wow you're really good at this:)
    Anyway I'm a fairly new member and I have been paying attention to this thread for a while now and this is one of my favorite threads so I hope the best for your nation and a very happy Easter
    P.S Are you planning on doing another series in the future?

5. Heerlo

Me? :mischief:

Maybe in your new story you'll find yourself in the position of liberator again....

Glad you like the story, and welcome! Happy Easter to you all as well.

And I have been thinking for a long time that I might do a story similar to this except starting in the ancient era.

6. Ozymandias9891

Ozymandias9891 Warlord

I was actually going to suggest that. This story has been a great success to date and it's kept me on the edge of my seat. It would be fun to follow the history of an entire civilization right from the get-go.

7. Heerlo

I shall think about it then.....

8. Biologist

Biologist Emperor

Been lurking around in this thread for a while. Enjoying the story, hope you keep updating. Looks like some of the pressure will be off Haerbin now that you've liberated Kukia.

9. Heerlo

Yea, it was a pretty rough little battle to defend Haerbin and the aluminum.

Glad you like the story.

10. MikeIII the 2nd

MikeIII the 2nd Warlord

nice job defending your critical resources

11. MikeIII the 2nd

MikeIII the 2nd Warlord

make another update!! the story is becoming interesting!!!!:cooool:

12. Heerlo

Whoa, has it already been about two weeks since the last couple of updates?

Well, next one should come soon.

13. MikeIII the 2nd

MikeIII the 2nd Warlord

Yay!!!!

14. Heerlo

Spoiler :
    Finally, in late January, 2135, American forces captured the Turkish capital, Istanbul.

Many people all over the world began to believe that the capture of Istanbul was the beginning of the end for Turkish evil. But even though their capital had fallen, the Turkish government still would not give up the lands they had conquered, and they prepared a counter-attack to retake Istanbul.

Ottoman forces counter-attacked hard in several major battles over the next few years, and fought ferociously to retake their capital.

But Turkish forces were out-matched. Although suffering some casualties, American forces held the line, and prepared for the next offensive into Turkish territory.

15. Heerlo

At least two more updates probably coming tomorrow.

16. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

Damn, now the Ottomans have lost too... Ganbare, Nihon!

17. Biologist

Biologist Emperor

That was quite a battle! It looks like rocket artillery and naval support really turned the counterattack around.

18. Heerlo

And stealth bombers. :mischief:

19. Heerlo

Sorry, I don't think anymore updates are coming tonight. I was gone for a long time today.

But probably tomorrow.

20. Heerlo

Spoiler :
    After the capture of the city of Kukia, American forces began the southern push to liberate the rest of occupied Songhai territory. American forces quickly recovered a large Songhai territory south of Kumbi Saleh, while seeing suprisingly little Turkish resistance. But even when American forces ran into any resistance, it was quickly defeated by the advanced and well-trained American forces.

While continuing the southward push, the US received the news that Novgorod had fallen to the Ottoman forces, leaving Russia with only one major city.

The US was not sure how much longer Russia could hold out, so this put pressure on American forces to finish the southern campaign as quickly as possible and come to Russia's aid.

American and Ottoman forces eventually met in a decent sized battle southeast of Taghaza, but the Turkish forces were eventually routed.

While the American robots held the line and waited for some minor repairs, an armor division landed on the island of Artuin, and, with the help of long range American missile artillery firing from the mainland, the island was taken.

Although the US didn't know for sure who the island originally belonged to, the US determined to eventually turn over control of the island to the Songhai.

Meanwhile, back on the mainland, after recuperating from the last battle, American forces continued the southern march. After a minor battle near Tombouctu, American forces captured the city and ended it's occupation.

The Songhai people watched eagerly as American forces looked to be on the verge of liberating their beloved capital.