Intra-team pitboss anyone?

I am in too many pitbosses already, but I would love to give it a shot if it is an online game. From my experience late Saturday nights for Europeans combined with Saturday days in North America makes it good time for online games.

That works good for the younger folk, but people like me with elementary age kids would find it difficult.

No reason we couldn't have both a pitboss and some more intense online activity though. :D

Well, some of my kids are also elementary school age. We can easily switch to combining Europe mornings with NA evenings. I am prone to convincing for a pitboss too :D

Ye gads, CFC is slow today.

So, I clicked the link to Sulla's webpage that someone helpfully provided in one of the threads here. I ended up reading for 6 hours, reading through 3 of his games. Fascinating reading! It also made me realize my skills at Civ4 is .. crap. The way he managed to get out wonders, strong defenses up on short notice, and so forth just by using whipping and chopping was simply mindnumbing to me, and I'm not sure if I entirely understand the concept of it.

So, I contemplated going over to the Team RB forums and ask if someone would like to be my tutor, so I could learn how to do stuff like that. But then I thought.. Why go to the RB forums to do that when I have a gang of great people here?

As long as we use no mods, I have no problem having a fourth pb running on my server. In other words, I can host this intra-team pb. But I have one condition :p I want a tutor as my reward for hosting it! :D Someone who knows how to do amazing stuff like Sulla .. Well, not maybe as high and mighty as he is .. I can do without the attitude :p But yeah - I'd really like to learn how to play at that skill level. That of course means one of you will be stuck in a team with me, but on the upside: if you would like to tutor me, you get to laugh at all my silly suggestions too! :goodjob:

Yay! Thank you Caledorn.

I am still interested in playing. If anyone else is, can you post again? That way we can get an accurate number instead of assuming a month-old post still means "I'm in."

I could use one as well unless you guys just want cannon fodder :D But yeah, I am interested in the game.

Sulllas writeups are great. That civ 4 test/SG game where he got all the 5 religions (Cuban Isolationists) is pretty funny :)

Last weeks I've followed the latest HoF writeups from Seriael. It's the craziest writeups I've ever encountered. Very specific strategy, but it's incredibly educational.

Here's the link to #4, there's links to the others in his footer.

On topic, I'd love to be crushed by you lot in a pitboss too, but I'm on a mac, so I can't play with the apt mod. Have no idea when I'll have time (never probably :p - kids, work, travel...) but if you agree on something I can see if I can make it work.

Sulllas writeups are great. That civ 4 test/SG game where he got all the 5 religions (Cuban Isolationists) is pretty funny :)

Last weeks I've followed the latest HoF writeups from Seriael. It's the craziest writeups I've ever encountered. Very specific strategy, but it's incredibly educational.

Here's the link to #4, there's links to the others in his footer.

On topic, I'd love to be crushed by you lot in a pitboss too, but I'm on a mac, so I can't play with the apt mod. Have no idea when I'll have time (never probably :p - kids, work, travel...) but if you agree on something I can see if I can make it work.

I think we'll want to play this without the aptmod, Tobias, so don't worry about that tidbit. No need for doublemovecontrol in a friendly PB intrateamwise. Our primary goal is to just have fun and play a relaxed game - and on that note I suggest we have a no-early-rush "rule" too.

Judging by the comments of people here I suspect 2metra (and possibly Sommer if he finds the time to play) will absolutely crush the rest of us regardless :D :crazyeye: So let's just start this and play for fun.
Do we want to have random leaders and civs or should we pick? Totally random map, or a mapmaker? Etc of course. ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I think if people want to pick their leader, let them.

As far as the map goes, I'd be fine with just starting a map and playing. No need for a map maker to make sure everyone is the same distance from each other with ample copper and horses nearby.

I've always enjoyed fractal, but am not really opposed to any. Pangaea, continents, donut, and inland sea are also all good choices in my book. If we have the players for a large or huge map, then fine, otherwise I'd rather just play the "correct" map size with the number of people playing- small or standard it looks like. Normal speed?

I would like to play too.
IFWe go restricted I want Suryanama.
Unrestricted i would like Isabela of whatever remain between india , inca, egipt,China.

We could go for totally random selections (unresticted random). Everyone has equal chance of getting awesome or crappy selection. Takes way less time to set up than any other selection method. Except maybe setting everyone as Tokugawa of Japan :D

I like.

(I hope I still have the time for this, but as it's said to be relaxed, I hope it will work out...)

Everything is ready on my side for this one, as we're not using any mods. It will be running at port 2059.

I need a tally of people though so I can set it up. Perhaps we should make a new thread and set a deadline for signup?

*trashes around a bit and makes some noise in this thread to point out my previous post*

Top Bottom