Intrigue before Renaissance

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
Now, with the Espionage arriving in Renaissance, this means Intrigue will be only present from Renaissance on, but technically, it exists before Renaissance, how?

"Dear [player], [enemy] is a nuisiance, and we seek aid in his squashing, do you care to join us?"

That's intrigue, because if Ottoman wants to attack Japan, and I'm friends with him (from my PoV) then I could go to Japan and warn him, without spies!

I don't think they thought of that, and I think that would make the game bit more intresting, since plenty of time I've been double attacked (two nations attacking me, as if they agreed to it).

It would be neat if they let you take advantage of the situation to decline the invitation or beg for 10 more turns or something, and then conspire with the hapless victim against the aggressor.

Both of you. You can already hear AI's say "these people need to be killed, join us!" and you can say "wait 10 turns for me to prepare for war". I don't understand what we have to discuss here lol.

Both of you. You can already hear AI's say "these people need to be killed, join us!" and you can say "wait 10 turns for me to prepare for war". I don't understand what we have to discuss here lol.

:rolleyes: Oh jeez.. I thought I was crystal clear.

I'mt alking about the Expansion Pack (hence this post is in God and Kings forum) and I'm refering to the feature of Intrigue, where the Spy picks up info of AI's plans (wether it is to attack you or another AI).

My over all point is that this is only available from Renaissance onwards. However, I figured out that since the AI asks you to join a war, you can use that information and help the civ the AI asked you to join war against. Which you can't do right now, all you can do is say "how dare you!" you can't tell Elizabeth that Suleiman is going to attack her, even if you have DoF with Elizabeth.

But with God and Kings, you STILL are probably going to be unable to do that (especially not before Renaissance) so my 'idea' or point is that this info should be used as "Intrigue".

You currently can't go inform the "victim" though which was the original point.

I wonder if those dialog options only appear after spies and/or embassies? I don't even know if spies and embassies are even related, though.

You currently can't go inform the "victim" though which was the original point.

I wonder if those dialog options only appear after spies and/or embassies? I don't even know if spies and embassies are even related, though.

I think once you have the info about AI planning an attack on let's say Constantinopole, yu can Discuss Pacal's "planned" attack.

While, yes, you can. THe duplicity of the third party doesn't currently come into play, which is what we are talking about.

Top Bottom