Introducing Civ 5 Improvement Patch!

Xaviarlol

Warlord
This mod has been updated for Brave new World!

You can get it on steam workshop here

============
Civ 5 Improvements Patch for Brave New World
============

THIS MOD HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR BRAVE NEW WORLD

This mod is an unofficial patch for Civ 5 Brave New World that makes some surgical changes to the game in an effort to enhance it. The changes in Civ IP are the kinds you would expect from an official patch, and do not change the general gameplay of the game.

==Version History==

Patch notes V10

----------
--General Changes—
----------

- Building Wealth and Research now grants 30% of Production converted, up from 25%.
- Increased the sight radius of having a spy in an opponent’s city to 3 tiles in every direction, up from 1.

*Following Improvements to smaller civs*
- Unhappiness from Number of cities increased by 25%.
- Amount of excess Happiness needed to reach golden age reduced by 50%. However, each city now adds 2x more to the required number of happiness accumulated, up from 1% per city.
- Most National Wonders increased in effectiveness.

----------
--Buildings--
----------

- Recycling Center now gives 4 aluminum, up from 2. Now costs 7g in maintenance per turn, up from 3.
- Medical Lab changed. Now gives all sea tiles +1p, in addition to its growth bonus. Cost greatly increased.
- Police Station and Constablery now grant a small bonus to Unit experience.
- Pentagon is now available two tech tiers before the current placement to allow player to make better use of the bonus to upgrading units. Bonus increased from 33% to 40% discount to upgrading units. Now also increases Unit experience by 15 for units build in the same city as it.
- Spaceship factory now grants 1 Uranium. Maint cost increased to 4g. Grants +3 production.
- Hubble now gives Research Labs +1 gold and +1 food and +1 culture, in addition to its current bonuses.
- Most National wonders increased in effectiveness

--Policy changes--

- Fine Arts policy now gives 100% happiness converted to culture, up from 50%.

- Tradition Finisher now gives 25% growth in first 4 cities, up from 15%.

- Landed elite (Tradition tree) now grants +4g and +2p in the capitol, in addition to its current +2 food and growth bonus.

----------
--Units—
----------
- Stealth Bomber redesigned. No longer replaces Bomber, and is now a standalone unit. Production cost greatly increased. Now costs 2 Aluminum instead of 1. Range increased to 22, from 20.
- Bomber no longer obsolete at the final tech level.
- Helicopter Gunship now uses Oil instead of Aluminum. Can move after attacking a unit, if it has movement points left.
- Missile Cruiser nerfed. Increased cost slightly, Ranged attack reduced to 80 from 100, range reduced to 2 from 3. No longer has a bonus against Submarines. Sight range increased by 1.
- Marine Strength increased to 70 from 65.
- Paratrooper renamed to “Special Forces”. Now paradrops up to 15 tiles away, up from 9. Cost increased. Combat strength increased to 75. Moved required Tech to next tier (Ecology). Now a powerful late-game tactical Infantry unit (special forces), suitable for tactical operations such as rapid response to City State defence, striking enemy strategic resources and other roles.
- Artillery moved up to the next tier in science (Steam Power), Ranged Strength increased to 35, from 28. Combat Strength increased to 24, from 21. Siege city bonus reduced to +175%, down from +200%. Cost slightly increased.
- Tank combat strength increased to 75, from 70. Panzer increased to 85 from 80.
- Modern Armor moved to next science Tier, Nanotechnology.
- Mech Infantry combat strength reduced from 90 to 85.

**Rebalanced Naval Combat**
- Nuclear Submarine defensive strength increased to 60 from 55. Now uses 1 Aluminum. Cost increased. Can now move after attacking if it has movement points left.
- Submarine defensive strength increased to 40 from 35.
- Missile Cruiser nerfed, it is no longer better at every role than all other ships. Increased cost slightly, Ranged attack reduced to 80 from 100, range reduced to 2 from 3. No longer has a combat bonus against Submarines. Sight range increased by 1.
- Destroyer visual range increased by 2, becoming a very effective at recon. Strength slightly increased.

-----------
--Terrain--
-----------
- Ocean tiles (NOT sea tiles) now have +1P and +1G, was the same as Sea/coastal (+1f). Still gain +1f from Lighthouse.
- Lake now has +1P in addition to its normal yield

Attachments

• Civ 5 Improvements Patch (v 3).civ5mod
    5.9 KB · Views: 527
This looks quite interesting, would love to try it. You don`t have this downloadable from Civ fanatics? Sorry, but I don`t touch Steam downloads.

I have updated the mod with a small bugfix - Modern armor will no longer be available to build earlier than intended. Requires Nanotechnology, as intended. Using the updated version of the mod should work with your current saved games.

Great. Not had much chance to do a full run as i`m in a long game and work unfortunatley slows me down as well, , but looks good. Glad there`s no GDR- That`s a plus!

Version 2.0 is now available in the opening post.

Changes:

- Reinstated the Giant Death Robot, and added a side mod that can be used in conjunction with this mod to disable the Giant Death Robot. You can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=110184861
- Reduced Giant Death Robot Strength to 125, from 150.
- Bomb Shelters now reduce effects of Nuclear Missiles on cities by 50%, down from 75%.
- Renamed Paratroopers to "Special Forces".
- Production cost of Guided Missiles slightly reduced.

What the hell? I try to show my appreciation for the no GDR thing, then you put it back on Steam? Why? I even said `thankyou`.

I`ll make my own no GDR mod. Mod uninstalled.

What the hell? I try to show my appreciation for the no GDR thing, then you put it back on Steam? Why? I even said `thankyou`.

I`ll make my own no GDR mod. Mod uninstalled.

There is a second mod that I created that takes out the GDR, and can be used in conjunction with the mod (see above). Many other mod users wanted to have the option to keep the GDR.

Hi, I like to use this mod however, there are some adjustments I make to that mod for my usage. Anyway all was fine until I went to Traits. All traits modifications work except for Spain.
Originally in xml traits document the lines were (except the values which were 3000 and 1000):
<Update>
<Where Type="TRAIT_SEVEN_CITIES"/>
<Set>
<NaturalWonderFirstFinderGold>2500</NaturalWonderFirstFinderGold>
<NaturalWonderSubsequentFinderGold>500</NaturalWonderSubsequentFinderGold>
</Set>
</Update>

So I put all of that between <Traits></Traits> because I thought that maybe I need to specify more what I want to do but it didn&#8217;t help
I checked the xml files in DLC2 folder and &#8220;TRAIT_SEVEN_CITIES&#8221; is definitely correct&#8230; Well I have no idea what&#8217;s wrong&#8230;

Also&#8230; I am not a modder. I do everything based on deduction and comparison with other lines so please talk to me with understanding that I am not very advanced user.

Top Bottom