Introducing New Office

invy

Prince
I would like to propose introducing new office called something like: Statistic Office (i am non-english speaker so if you can think of better name it will be welcome:)).
The office would have duty to follow progress of the game and development of Japanatica and her's neighbours.

Office would make charts, tables, graphs, screenshots from the game. It would be something like 'Saga of Japanatican Empire'. I don't want this to be boring table full of statistical numbers that noone will wanted to look at because it would be boring.

We should divide Japanatica history in terms as they were played. Present establishment of the cities of our Empire during the time, establishment, growth and development of provinces, first exploring in ancient history. Then voyage route to the other continents. Short history of our war efforts, people who represented our goverment and much more. We would use demogame saves we have, results of the polls and other resurses.

At the end we could get all the info's to the demogame web site. I would rather like to make it as a story not the demogame page that was used before.
We should first cover older terms (term 1 and 2) so I would propose to select the team of 2 people for each term so we can finish the work faster.

I will gladly offer my help with this job but I can't do it alone. We'll need more people involved if we want to make this as nice and decent project. That would be fine record of everything we have done in this demogame.

Post your suggestions and opinions and don't be too lazy and pasive to kill this nice idea. We have enough members and time to work on this project.

Sure you can do that. Look at the DG1 "History Office" thread to see how that was done. That was stat-heaven! I think Daaraa left to spend more time with his family though.

Ooooh, this looks like fun. :goodjob: I love numbers, I'd gladly help out!

But how can we make numbers look interesting? I agree with charts and graphs...perhaps there is some way we include the numbers on an interactive map of our nation? (ie; get a world map of our nation / world - put it on a website - edit some CSS/some type of code to get it so when you scroll over the city, it gives you the population, # of citizens happy/content/sad, improvements, wonders, culture, shields per turn?) - that'd be really neat, I think. :D

Please understand that I whipped this code together in almost 5 minutes - on top of that, I just made up statistics for Fanatikku, so don't expect it to be accurate. :D This is just a sample page. What I would have is a list of the cities with a heading "cities", categories for:

Found Date
Improvements (culture)
Wonders (culture)
Total Culture - # turns until expansion
Military Units Garrisoned
Population size - Food per turn
Shields per turn
Commerce (gold.science.luxury tax)

And we would collect that data for each city (I could do some of the cities...maybe all...maybe not).

Then we could have something for Foreign Relations:

You could have the civ's name, and when you go over it, you get:

Attitude
On Going Trades
(# of cities?)
Resources We Can Export/Import

And maybe some other stuff I haven't thought of. This seems like it could be a nice, big project. :cool:

Check out my practice city html file for Fanatikku (note: does not include all data listed here in this post)

Thanks for reading this. :)

I like this idea. But who will we get that has enough time and sanity to crunch all these numbers?

*Raises hand too*

I suggested to make teams of 2 people for each term to get this done because there might be a lot of work. But we don't have to count every single statistic and besides that it would be boring for both citizens and people who would collect all the data. I just wouldn't like that 1 or 2 man 'must' to all the job, it would be unfair.

For start: I term team could be: Ginger_Ale and invy (me :)), ofcourse if GA agrees.
But we will need more help so please members report to duty and take a part in this project.

I would like to make 'picturesque guide through Japanatican history' that would be filled with story, screens of important events and statistical data of cities and province on certain dates (not every 5 turns ofcourse).

1st steps:
Introduction to game settings and idea of Japanatica. Short story about establishment of Fanatikku (screenshot) and Japanatica. First goverment (present list of Japanatican men in law i.e. ministers) and very first national plans. Picture of ancient world map and civs we had met. Short story about first explorers. Some nice graph of Fanatikku growth over time and comparision with other known civs. Show establishing new cities, maybe including some poll results.

Thats for start... :) Suggest your ideas, join the project and help us

It would be good idea to establish Term 3 team immediately so the team can follow the progress of the game. It will be much easier to do it now then to dig later through the archives. Especially because term 3 is just underway.

Sure - MTSK has some nice world maps we can use in the screenshots thread - I assume there are also screenshots in the starting turnchat thread...

The settings for our game were:

Japanese
Monarch
Random Age/Climate/Temperature
Raging Barbarians
Random Landmass

Perhaps after we start collecting data we can create a thread to post all of this info in chronological order?

We need screenshots/short stories about:
  • Founding of Fanatikku
  • Our leaders/government officials of term 1
  • Exploration of our land
  • Contacting our surrounding civs and the world map (perhaps we could make an animated .gif of the world map as we explore?)
  • The settling of our core cities
  • Short war with Iroquois
  • Leaders/government for term 2
  • Building our army
  • War with Rome & Babylon
  • Peace with Babylon
  • Leaders/government for term 3
  • Getting Rome down to 1 city / capturing Rome

Some of these aren't in the right order (help me get them in the right order though!!) I'll start finding some screenshots and threads that will help us make a history of term 1. :)

I would be happy to do this, though (as you've seen) I have this tendency of weaving in and out of spending lots of time here. But if I can keep more regular I'd love to have the position. I find it disturbingly fun to collect useless statistical information.

I would suggest nothaving this be an elected poistion. It'll be almost impossible to find someone to do it.

Yeah. This doesn't have any power, its simply organizational. The two current offices like that (City Names and Maps) have no clear boss, are outside of the constitution, and have no term or appointer. So just have it like that.

Some ministers have gone above and beyond, and gathered some statistics like this for the department they managed. As Domestic, I tried to keep track of the highest shield producing cities and advocate getting them up to a round number of uncorrupted shields (25, 30, etc.) so that units would come out even. Keeping our culture numbers along with relationship to other civs would be a natural for the culture minister.

It would also be quite alright for a citizen or team of people to gather as much non-spoiler information as possible. No need to get anyone's approval, just start posting info as you see fit. :D

Agree, no need for elections. But we have to organize this properly in order to avoid double results and wasting time.

I will make new official thread (probably tonight - I'm little short with time) or if someone another would do it I would be grateful.

We also could ask mayors to give us a hand by describing history of their cities. For example, Gregski made up nice short story about Shorin-Ryu (few lines thats all we need), Cyc has also some nice goodies in Zojoji thread.

Epi, you could get in Term 2 team but we need 1 more member to help you. So you would follow the story from 2nd elections, building army of swordsman, preparing for war, establishment of provinces. Everything that happened in Term 2.

ali: yes you can. Just find a good section on the DG-forum. If it is a "historical review" you could creata a new thread about it in the citizens section.
If it is a bit of fantasy, start a story thread in the RPG-section.
If it is sepcifically about 1 city; start a thread in the Government section. As an example, see Zojoji.

Ok - I'll download the current save tonight and see if I can get some useless facts. :D (Can I create a thread in the Government forum for the office of statistics?)

Ofcourse! Go there and make the thread. Don't forget to reserve the first post, I'd like to have more space for organization.

I need some input:
How did we get Alphabet? Did we research it or bought?

Please, Complete this list and correct any mistake (this is Term 1 goverment):
President: DaveShack
Vice President: Chieftess

Governor of 1st province (Zarnia): Zarn

Cabinet
Domestic Advisor: Noldodan*
Deputy: Epimethius

Trade Advisor: Donovan Zoi
Deputy: CivGeneral

Science Advisor: Rik Meleet
Deputy: Stuck_as_a_Mac

Military Advisor: Sarevok
Deputy: Falcon02

Foreign Advisor: Provolution
Deputy: Blackheart

Culture Advisor: Curufinwe
Deputy: Fier Canadien*

Supreme Court
Chief Justice: Cyc
Judge's Advocate: Immortal
Public Defender: KCCrusader

When was Shimbun japanatica founded and how?

Founding City Naming Office? - Epi give some notes here please

Invy, could you note that I replaced Bootstoots as Deputy FA?

Top Bottom