Intruders in my City Radius...Can’t tell them to buzz off.

IamRonin

Chieftain
Intruders! I am constantly getting intruders into my city radius and they won’t leave. I can see they are about to strike as there are more and more offensive units gathering within my city borders.

My problem is I cannot tell their foreign minister to get their troops out. I CAN contact the foreign minister but the option of having them remove their troops just isn’t there. What is it I’m missing?

I would prefer that they declare war on me just after I ask them politely to leave so I can retaliate straight away. But now they’re just hanging around threatening my defenceless engineers. At this present time I am in Republic gov. What else can I do…any pointers?

I think you need "peace" with them [not just a cease fire] before you can ask them to withdraw. I don't think your govt makes any difference, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, I don' t know exactly what determines their response, I'd guess it's mainly the power ratings. :)

The best solution is to have a peace treaty with them. That way you can insist that their troops leave your territory.

If that option isn't there, try demanding tribute; sometimes that will result in them leaving. If they're sufficiently scared, they might also give you some money.

Of course, they might also decide they're fed up with you and just declare war... ;)

Bribery only works if it's a single unit, though. Any more than one on a particular space, and you can't bribe them.

Also: only bribe units if you can turn around and use them in some immediate practical way (to attack, to disband in a city to help speed production, or to work your city if it's a settler/engineer). Of course, if it's a choice between bribery or being killed, by all means bribe them! ;)

Top Bottom