Invasion TBS game

I had an odd bug occur;

I just captured a city and my treasury(started at 69 gold) went to -1001 gold. Of course this kind of ruined my entire game, after which it CTD.

I examined your save file shwick...

This is not a bug. This was a protection system for cracking. I was not expecting some special cases in demo version like finding a developed science like "Democracy". Because demo is limited until 1000AC. But you played game well and find that science before demo end (850AC) without any crack vs. So game protected its self and reduced your gold to -1001.

I will try to save your file and place here later. Thanks for files and information...

Here is your new save file with your old gold is returned and next founding science is switched to Invention. Copy this file under your Save directory. It will not be at autosave slot, it will be at save slot 5. Good luck!

Attachments

• Slot5.txt
    137.3 KB · Views: 98
Using that save game I got another weird gold bug. After taking the city of Pompei my gold went to -862 gold. Also I had a CTD once the AI's turns were being calculated.

It again caused because of "discovery of Democracy science". I changed your currently working on science to Invention to prevent these "crack protections" but Democracy remained as founded. I changed founded variable of Democracy to false now. You can play this time but you are very near to Demo end.

Also CTDs are also happening because of same protection system. I will fix that problem too in Version4 which I am currently working on. Players who bought serial key will have not to do anything extra to pass V4. Key will work on all versions.

You can continue your game for last 3-4 turns until demo end with this new slot5.

Also I want to ask a question, does musics are annoying in the game? I used old midi files to catch old Colonization spirit, and can change to better mp3s if these midis are annoying.

Attachments

• Slot5.txt
    137.3 KB · Views: 114
If these are just caused by not having a serial key, I'll buy one in the next few days. Will wait until I have a few free hours to play through.

On the music: As long as its easy to adjust volume, its not too annoying. I would try to make it so players could also add their own music in the appropriate format.

I really wish the right-click help system would return. It isn't necessary, but really helps in learning stats and terrain stats for newbies.

Question: Why can't settlers and covered wagons be converted into population?

I found an important bug. I am solving it. I will inform you after I solve this error. You can be sure that I will overcome this problem in 24 hours, so you can continue your games.

Thanks for your helps, registration and feedbacks.

On the music: As long as its easy to adjust volume, its not too annoying. I would try to make it so players could also add their own music in the appropriate format.

I want to change volumes of musics in game. But I could not find a tool for decreasing volumes of midi files and saving them again. I am not good at musics. And I have less info in that area. I only want to decrease volume of musics not sound effects. If I add volume adjustment volume of all sounds will change.

I really wish the right-click help system would return. It isn't necessary, but really helps in learning stats and terrain stats for newbies.

I can add this feature in V04 or V05. I think you are right.

Question: Why can't settlers and covered wagons be converted into population?

Because some players can transport their settlers from one city to another by this feature. And this can cause unfair situation because city population grows faster when current population of city is lower than 6. So players can carry their villagers from small cities to bigger cities and they can speed up population growth. This is not an desired situation and can effect game play negatively.

I corrected bug which you had found. I will upload new version of Invasion V04 tomorrow night.
And you can continue your game without that bug after tomorrow. I need to work on some more stuff before uploading new version.

Like you see in screenshot after solving bug I added feature you offered.
-Right clicking and getting production info about that area-

Also coast graphics are better in Version 04. But I need an illistrator for better graphics. I am only programmer.

ozangumus said:
I want to change volumes of musics in game. But I could not find a tool for decreasing volumes of midi files and saving them again. I am not good at musics. And I have less info in that area. I only want to decrease volume of musics not sound effects. If I add volume adjustment volume of all sounds will change.

I know that OpenTTD has a decent midi player application attached to it. Since OTTD is under a GPL distribution, you may be able to use the integrate the midi-player without legal trouble.

ozangumus said:
Because some players can transport their settlers from one city to another by this feature. And this can cause unfair situation because city population grows faster when current population of city is lower than 6. So players can carry their villagers from small cities to bigger cities and they can speed up population growth. This is not an desired situation and can effect game play negatively.

Very true. In the original Civilization series their existed a rule limiting the maximum size city that could receive a population from a settler. However even this may not be very balanced. Either way the conservative approach is not really a problem.

ozangumus said:
I corrected bug which you had found. I will upload new version of Invasion V04 tomorrow night.
And you can continue your game without that bug after tomorrow. I need to work on some more stuff before uploading new version.

Like you see in screenshot after solving bug I added feature you offered.
-Right clicking and getting production info about that area-

You're awesome dude. Help feature looks right on as well.

I gave it a quick spin, and encountered a bug that appears to have something to do with the music. Suddenly an error message popped up, and said, something about "file not found or missing". It froze for a second and then the music started playing. Sorry, but it didn't occur to me to take a screenshot or write down the excact message.

I gave it a quick spin, and encountered a bug that appears to have something to do with the music. Suddenly an error message popped up, and said, something about "file not found or missing". It froze for a second and then the music started playing. Sorry, but it didn't occur to me to take a screenshot or write down the excact message.

Thanks Rheinmetall, I found and resolved this bug. That happened because a music was missed while uploading latest version.

Just posting to let you know that all the large versions of images on the fourth image gallery page in Invasion site seem to be missing...

Thanks for notice Toni, I already know that, this happened because I spent my all area for web page, I will prepair new gallery in one week with V04's screenshots.

Another bug found.

I found my first city, and used the drag move for my first warrior, the unit moved two squares. He ran into a native village, and the appropriate dialog windows opened. I passed them and got ritualism, presumably from the natives. Then nothing happened. I tried clicking everything, but only the menu worked. When I clicked "exit" it said I couldn't exit the game while selecting next technology and only after that the science dialog box appeared.

This one is quite similar to the last one. I had Fraps on and managed to get screenshots of it.

I ran into the natives in my second turn.

So far it looks normal.

I don't know what quirk this is, but it always happens.

Here's the thing: The game is stuck into the Natives turn.

I can click into the dark and, if I hit a native village, I can see what's in it.

After exiting the city screen, it again presents this.

And then returns to normal.

Thanks for bug-report. I corrected empty dialog box error which happens before selecting next science (at first science). Can you download Invaison V04 again and try again. I hope it will not happen again.

Also I will examine your other bug about stucking in native turn this evening.

I just discovered the drag movement feature. Very useful for ships. But it also led me to an interesting bug;

If you transported troops in a ship then let them off, they still have the S next to their names. This is true even on shore. Even more interestingly, they will follow the same movements as the ship if it auto-moves. This is independent of where they are on land. A soldier that was one square away from the ship, even walked on water to try and reach it.

Here is the save-game a couple of turns later. Even after fortifying the unit, the S is still there.

Attachments

• Slot2.txt
    165.8 KB · Views: 118
I just discovered the drag movement feature. Very useful for ships. But it also led me to an interesting bug;

If you transported troops in a ship then let them off, they still have the S next to their names. This is true even on shore. Even more interestingly, they will follow the same movements as the ship if it auto-moves. This is independent of where they are on land. A soldier that was one square away from the ship, even walked on water to try and reach it.

Here is the save-game a couple of turns later. Even after fortifying the unit, the S is still there.

Can you give your save file again, I can solve this problem by examining. - ok sorry, I got it, in the meantime you placed save file.

I managed to repeat the bug, but this time I got stuck into the Aztecs turn. Like with the natives I was able to click in their cities in the dark and click on their units and activate them, but didn't seem to be able to give them orders. As I clicked from one unit to another the Aztech turn progress bar progressed for every unit I clicked through. The most fatal thing was, that when I was looking inside their city, I was able to mess with the production too. Like changing production orders, demolishing an unfinished build, making a settler and sell produced goods. After closing the city screen, the turn seems to progress normally to it's end. I don't have a clue yet what triggers it, but will keep trying.

Nearly 1 month later (October 2008) Invasion's V0.4 will be avaible with better graphics. Before that day and before Civ 4:Colonization is released (23 September 2008) if anyone still did not tried Invasion, give Invasion a change. I am still waiting feedbacks about Invasion of old Colonization fans...

Invasion = Civilization + Colonization

Release that graphics upgrade as soon as possible, since using lots of Civ2 graphics assets (as seen in screenshots) in commercial product can get you in lot of legal trouble.

Top Bottom