inverting civ's derivation

VRGS

Chieftain
I've been workin in my real world mod and this concept seems pretty odd to me...

It's not that I don't understand it, maybe, I understand it a lot, because, if you can't see, the way it is only encloses its possiblities...

The problem is that the derivative civ answer should be marked for the Europeans and if it was inverted, instead of the Europe derives from the Colony the Colony was the one that derives from Europe, for example, we could separate the American Colonies from the East India Company and the Australian Colonies but all of them would derive from the same England.

It doesn't seem a big deal, as the derivation concept works just like a mechanism for to make a relation between the metropolis and the colonies, but in a real world scenario it complicates all the city name's list, unique units, unique buildings, ..., or you have separete them and separate the metropolis geographic domain too.

It has just come to me, I thought about that before but I've never tryied to do something about it, so I don't know how to solve it.

It seems non-sense, but it could be tricky for those who enjoies customizing real world scenarios.

I've been workin in my real world mod and this concept seems pretty odd to me...

It's not that I don't understand it, maybe, I understand it a lot, because, if you can't see, the way it is only encloses its possiblities...

The problem is that the derivative civ answer should be marked for the Europeans and if it was inverted, instead of the Europe derives from the Colony the Colony was the one that derives from Europe, for example, we could separate the American Colonies from the East India Company and the Australian Colonies but all of them would derive from the same England.

It doesn't seem a big deal, as the derivation concept works just like a mechanism for to make a relation between the metropolis and the colonies, but in a real world scenario it complicates all the city name's list, unique units, unique buildings, ..., or you have separete them and separate the metropolis geographic domain too.

It has just come to me, I thought about that before but I've never tryied to do something about it, so I don't know how to solve it.

It seems non-sense, but it could be tricky for those who enjoies customizing real world scenarios.

What you mention is possible, and I have done it in Spread of Imperialism (with Portugal having both Portuguese India and Brazil as colonies, for example), though I don't recall if the latest released version has it. The problem is that it crashes random maps, it only works in scenarios (but otherwise works flawlessly).

Hey Androrc,

Interesting! I knew it was possible!
But the problem is that all of those big changes use to be tricky to play...
It always corrupts the system somehow we difficultly find the crash's reason...
Later I am going to compare your files with the default files in order to understand it better, but later, cos it's a dangerous modification for the basic version.

Thanks Androrc!

Top Bottom