Invincible invisible Alexis

Bugguts

Chieftain
I'm playing a game of ff2 updated to patch e as Cassiel fighting against Alexis. One of my cities was attacked and despite several of thier forces surviving the attack I couldn't see any forces outside of the city. I fly a hawk over the city and still didn't see any forces. Puzzled I turned on the worldbuilder to see what's up and the enemy army poped up next to my city. I checked and they didn't have any special abilities that would explain this. I also noticed several other units scattered about that the hawk hadn't noticed. I then turned off worldbuilder and sent a unit from the city to the space where alexis had some assassins (who MURDERED my poor archmages). My unit me no resistance. I turned worldbuilder on again and they now occupy the same spot. Any hints on what the heck is going on:confused:

I suspect that Alexis has completed Nox Noctis (the Cult of Esus wonder, which grants units inside its builder's territory that are not in cities a form of invisibility that cannot be penetrated by hawks or the Perfect Sight promotion), and the stack of units next to your city is actually in Alexis' territory (and thus invisible).

It is true, they are on thier territory during the attack. But I can't attack them?

You can still used range damage spells like Maelstrom or Ring of Fire Against them. Destroy Undead can still kill invisible undead units, like the Skeletons and Spectres her Vampires likely summon. You can immobilize her hidden armies with Blinding Light, or slow them down with Slow.

I personally think that the Empyrean priest Revelation spell should reveal units hidden by Nox Noctis, but I don't think it does.

You need to focus on the cities themselves. Units in cities are not invisible, and once you capture a city the cultural borders will retreat and reveal the units hidden there. If you take the city with Nox Noctis then they loose that ability and you gain it.

Top Bottom