1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Invisible rivers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Rathelon, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Rathelon

Rathelon Prince

Has anyone else noticed how there are rivers which you cannot see in some places? I have had tiles that say they are river tiles, but there is no river. I have also had troops cross invisible rivers and lose the rest of their movement.

2. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

i haven't seen that, but sometimes if i'm running dx9 some of the resources don't appear visually on the map. If i mouse over them, the tooltip shows there is a resource, but it doesn't appear on the map...., but the little icon does. If i save and load up with dx10 it appears fine.

3. Novare

Novare Chieftain

I have only found this on dx10,11 and have found no way to make the river show, thus when I find one I start a new game. Havent thought of trying dx9.

4. Saltydog

Saltydog Chieftain

I too have had this happen once.

5. EndoConvert

EndoConvert Warlord

This is a long-known bug. It's a good idea to check the list of known bugs first. Then you would have found the bug report thread "invisible river".