invisible vs. stealth

stealth is used for aircraft in the epic game, but im not sure exactly what it does. it decreases the likeliness of your plane being intercepted or something like that...

invisible means that the unit cannot be seen by the units of other civs

Except if a unit gets flagged to be able to see such units.

As for stealth, I think it decreases the chance of the SAM site destroying your aircraft.

Standard interception for SAM and fighters to intercept stealth units are 5%. This can be changed though.

The annoying thing about invisible units, is that their attack animation can't be seen by the owner of the unit its attacking, unless if there is a detect invisible unit nearby. Which all you hear is the sound, and that's no fun to see no animation to go with it.

Standard interception for SAM and fighters to intercept stealth units are 5%. This can be changed though.

The annoying thing about invisible units, is that their attack animation can't be seen by the owner of the unit its attacking, unless if there is a detect invisible unit nearby. Which all you hear is the sound, and that's no fun to see no animation to go with it.

Yeah, thats something that's always annoyed me.

since the attacked unit turns to face the invisible unit, theres no reason the attacking unit's animation shouldnt be visible...:mad:

Well, your enemy doesn't really see the attack, since the unit is invisible.

At first I thought it was really weird, playing against the civs with invisible units.. but then I decided I finaly have enough troops to take out the Dark Elves, and get revenge for them taking my city spot. It was mine, I saw it first. It was mine! So.. I took a stroll with a SoD towards Naggarond, and whouldn`t you know it, I got ambushed by those pesky assassins each step of the way.. When I was half way there it was already time to turn and run, again being decimated by the invisible buggers..

Invisible is good, yah. Next time I`ll remember to bring a mage or two ;)

I like invisible - it's kind of spooky - like being attacked by a B-2 or F-117 from 30,000 feet and 20 miles out would be I guess. Shock and Awe baby, Shock and Awe.

I thought Stealth also gave the unit the ability to chose which unit it attacks if you attack a stack of units. Click on help in the editor and you will see.

oh, I thought you needed to give the unit the stealth ability in order for the stealth attack to work.

the stealth flag makes their anti-aircraft be less effective...its on Stealth planes in the epic game...

also there is a building flag "stealth barrier" that removes this negative...

the stealth flag makes their anti-aircraft be less effective...its on Stealth planes in the epic game...

also there is a building flag "stealth barrier" that removes this negative...

I thought that makes stealth attack units (ninjas, submarines, etc.) unable to pick units out of a stack...

Test time!

Yes, it means that stealth attack units fail to be able to stealth attack. Stealth bombers are unaffected.

(Tested this by making the fighter be capable of only air superiority, interception chance 100%, stealth interception chance 0%, warriors stealth attack everything, palace blocks stealth attack)

I thought that makes stealth attack units (ninjas, submarines, etc.) unable to pick units out of a stack...

It's different stealth, with a checkbox. One in the scrollable list is for aircrafts.

It's different stealth, with a checkbox. One in the scrollable list is for aircrafts.

I was referring to the "stealth barrier" option in the improvements tab.

Top Bottom