IO4 - Sex, Drugs, and More Drugs!

I've never done drafting before. Where should I do it and when?

Where: In our non-legendary cities.
When: do 3 cities every turn, for the 5 turns we will be in Nationalism.

So I was doing some drugs, and I found my own Pokemon video game. And this reminded me of Matrix's variant. So I've decided IO5. But I want to make it a BUG Mod tutorial as well. And I wanted all of you to keep going with me, if you could. I promise I won't abandon you again.

So... ideas on how to get that done? Obviously, with the Gotta Catch 'Em All variant, we should control at least one of every animal resource on the map. This means expansion. And to me, expansion = Portugal. Thoughts on that would be welcome. Essentially, since this game is in the bag, I want to get the next one started as well. Also. The BUG Mod tutorial aspect. How should we manage that?

Also... title: IO5 - Gotta Catch 'Em All + BUG Mod 101

Well, I actually settled on controlling one of every resource period, and playing as Japan because Pokemon is Japanese. But if it seems like it'd be too hard, that's fine.

Well, I actually settled on controlling one of every resource period, and playing as Japan because Pokemon is Japanese. But if it seems like it'd be too hard, that's fine.

NO! We are Team IdiotsOpposite! NOTHING IS TOO HARD!

Yep, we're going with that then. Matrix, can I count on you? (note: the same question is directed to the other three people as well, with FGJ held in reserve if he wants to come in, and maybe one other person to sign up as well, for a total of 5+FGJ)

EDIT: Also, when we capture a resource, we must act as if we've caught a Pokemon. For example, if we took a Cows resource, we would tell everyone we captured a Tauros. Even more fun if we didn't tell people what the resource was and made them guess... but that's a bit malicious.

Alright, then. :p

Although cows would be Miltank. I actually tried giving each resource a pokemon name (like cows = miltank, horse = rapidash, sheep = mareep, etc) but it fell apart when I got to things like marble, oil, aluminum, hit singles, all the plant-based resources.

Oh, and yeah, I'll be in the roster. It's my idea, why wouldn't I? :lol:

Alright, then. :p

Although cows would be Miltank. I actually tried giving each resource a pokemon name (like cows = miltank, horse = rapidash, sheep = mareep, etc) but it fell apart when I got to things like marble, oil, aluminum, hit singles, all the plant-based resources.

Oh, and yeah, I'll be in the roster. It's my idea, why wouldn't I? :lol:

All right, Matrix, I'm going to make the game in a few hours, so think these settings are good?

Fractal
Standard Size
Epic
Japanese - Tokugawa
Domination Off

Can't think of anything else.

And I know, this is quick, but I'm bored. REALLY bored. So I thought I'd make an initial turn... that's all...

Of course, I also want the BUG mod tutorial in there somehow. But maybe not on the initial turn... or maybe yes. Depends on my mood.

Well if you want to make it into a BUG Mod tutorial as well you'll probably need to think of what you're going to cover and when, like plan it out and everything.

Also you forgot the difficulty level.

Well if you want to make it into a BUG Mod tutorial as well you'll probably need to think of what you're going to cover and when, like plan it out and everything.

Do you think so? I thought I'd just point things out as I went along, with the help of others of course. For example, on the initial turn I'd point out the score-change thingy in the right hand side of the screen, and maybe a few other things as well.

Also you forgot the difficulty level.

Monarch?

Do you think so? I thought I'd just point things out as I went along, with the help of others of course. For example, on the initial turn I'd point out the score-change thingy in the right hand side of the screen, and maybe a few other things as well.

I did a quick search on youtube and civfanatics, and I didn't find a Bug Mod tutorial.

I'm starting to think that a Bug Mod tutorial would be better done as a multi-part video series on youtube or some such, not just part of an SG. I feel that it would get in the way. Especially since it seems that nobody has bothered to make one before.

As for Monarch, either that or Emperor, depending on what the group feels up for. I'm fine on Monarch in single-player (even if I suck), so with a group I think I'd be fine on Emperor.

As for Monarch, either that or Emperor, depending on what the group feels up for. I'm fine on Monarch in single-player (even if I suck), so with a group I think I'd be fine on Emperor.

I just realized that I'm doing a lot of stuff without any consultation from half of the group whatsoever... this and the bug mod idea, I think, should also wait for input from our more Eastern friends.

Hey, I'm west of both of you guys !!!!

Hey, I'm west of both of you guys !!!!

Correct. However, you are also east of us. The consequences of a round Earth...

But what are your thoughts? With as many posts as we've made, you must have many. Also, you're up.

I don't really mind what variant we play.....

What you guys have suggested seems fine to me, Toku, Epic, Monarch or Emperor, Fractal.

IO: Brian Shanahan I choose you!
Brian: Feck, Arse, Drink. Girls! Girls! GIRLS!

Consider that a sign-up for IO5. Play quickly Matrix, I want to get done before Sunday as I've a wedding to attend to next week.

I am currently in San Diego. And I convinced my mother to allow me to install Civ on her laptop, so I actually could start IO5 if I wanted to. But I'm in an airport, and thus do not want to (I'm waiting for the others to get here, as they are on a different flight).

So, rest assured, I'll get IO5's initial turn started soon.

I am currently in San Diego. And I convinced my mother to allow me to install Civ on her laptop, so I actually could start IO5 if I wanted to. But I'm in an airport, and thus do not want to (I'm waiting for the others to get here, as they are on a different flight).

So, rest assured, I'll get IO5's initial turn started soon.

So we're getting the next SG going before we put this one to bed. Be warned though I'm out of action until the 18th, so I probably won't play in the first turnset round.

This is a bad turnset IMO. I'm not in a particularily good mood after it. It's also hot today. 26C/79F

Turn 0:

MMed Lucy to remove those merchants - why didn't you guys notice that they were ahead of Stoner's before?

Changed the Engineer in Hamsterdam to an Artist

Signed Defensive pact with Chinny Chin Qin

Changed Scientific Method to Astronomy

Switched to Representation and Nationalism; Stoner's Lagoon, Stone Haze, Apple Cinnamon, and Diamonds all become unhappy.

I draft up some rifles. Stoner's Lagoon now has four unhappy pops.
bye bye gpfarm lol :wallbash:

It is at this point that I officially hate drafting. Slavery is better than this BS.

Turn 1:

Squaresville: Confucian Temple -> University

Apple Cinnamon: Forge -> Hindu Temple

I stopped all that damn chopping that IO was doing. Seriously dude did you forget your own damn variant? I counted, we've got 16 cities and 16 forests.

This is a notice to all:

DO NOT CHOP ANYMORE

I started putting workers to sleep because then being awake is what started that mess to begin with.

Drafted more rifles... :mad:

Turn 2:

Justiciaria: Islamic Temple -> Rifle

Planetarium: Christian Temple -> Jewish Temple

Lucy: Christian Missionary -> Christian Missionary

Stone Haze: Confucian Temple -> Taoist Monastery

Drafted Rifles... :mad:

Turn 3:

The Matrix: Hindu Mandir -> Jewish Temple

Idiotsburgh: Islamic Temple -> Confucian Temple

Hendrixton: Islamic Missionary -> Islamic Missionary

Christianity spreads to Apple Cinnamon

Drafted Rifles... :mad:

Turn 4:

Diamonds: Jewish Missionary -> Jewish Missionary

Islam spread to Apple Cinnamon

I stopped drafting on this turn because I was sick of the unhappiness BS it causes.

Turn 5:

Hamsterdam: Islamic Mosque -> Confucian Temple

Idiotsburgh: Confucian Temple -> Christian Temple

Started up our Golden Age again. Got another GS.

Switched to Free Speech.

Turn 6:

Astronomy -> Scientific Method

The Matrix: Jewish Temple -> Islamic Temple

Hendrixton: Islamic Missionary -> Rifle

Wheaties: Rifle -> Rifle

Munchies: Rifle -> Rifle

Neiliopolis: -> Rifle

Justiciaria: Rifle -> Rifle

Christianity spreads to Squaresville

Turn 7:

Hamsterdam: Confucian Temple -> Confucian Academy

Lucy: Christian Misionary -> Christian Missionary

Christianity spread to The Matrix

Islam spread to Stone Haze, we don't need Islamic missionaries anymore

Turn 8:

Idiotsburgh: Christian Temple -> Jewish Synagogue

Squaresville: University -> Christian Temple

Diamonds: Jewish Missionary -> Jewish Missionary

Turn 9:

Spoiler :

Scientific Method -> Biology

The Matrix: Islamic Temple -> Christian Temple

Apple Cinnamon: Hindu Temple -> Christian Temple

Stone Haze: because of Scientific Method, it can't continue the Monastery :wallbash:

We have a :):):):)ton of oil, and silver appeared near Idiotsburgh

Turn 10:

Justiciaria: Rifle -> University

Stoner's Lagoon: Taoist Missionary -> Taoist Missionary

Taoism spread to The Matrix

My city has all our religions biznatches

Situation:

Here's our religious situation:
Spoiler :

We've got a christian missionary on its way to Stone haze
Spoiler :