IO4 - Sex, Drugs, and More Drugs!

I opened an account at the place IO put his save, it was easy.
http://www.mediafire.com
The dot maps will be a lot clearer once we have explored N & NE a bit more.

Damn, crossposted again.

NeilMeister - Second is the best!!
Yeah baby.

EDIT IO, I just clicked on the link in your signature as a shortcut. Most amusing !!!

Many thanks, I got a big laugh when I made that too.

For those few people who don't know what Neil is talking about, why don't you visit the succession game of the month for our team? The link is in the signature. Just, if you really want funny, click on the link in the signature, don't navigate there any other way.

Also, FGJ, since you were the next to post, mind taking the fourth spot? Also, if you say yes, could you make a little catchphrase to say after your name? And Neil and Matrix, it'd also be great if you guys made the catchphrase...

Such as...

IdiotsOpposite - Living proof that peacemongers can be pyromaniacs.

Sure I'll go, so much for wanting to go last
FGJ - the warmonger turns culture monger?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Adventures of Northern Scouting Warrior Dude!

Turn 1:

He moves!

... That's about it. No pictures, because it's boring.

Turn 2:

Warrior: Wooooah! Duuuude! It's, like, a doggy! Hey doggy!

Spoiler :

Turn 3:

Warrior: Wait, what? Where's the doggy- Oh, it attacked Shaka's dude. Gnarly.

Spoiler :

Worker: Oh man, this is a big hill. Why do I gotta climb these things anyways? It's like, big. Woooooah, the view from here is awesome, dude! Huh? Road? Oh, righteous! I'll build a road, then everyone can see this view! Oh, and I guess they can go to the cows, too. But the view! It's, like, spiritual, ya know?

Spoiler :

Turn 4:

Our totally groovy scientists showed us how to, like, mine! Now we can totally get work done faster. After all, more hammers means more weed. Awesome.

So, like, then I told them to show us how to find those funny shiny brown rocks and get them. I totally saw them the other day, but I can't remember where they are. Dude, I was soooooo high that day. It was psychedelic!

Spoiler :

Worker: This road is gonna be so awesome! I'll make it in the shape of, like, a flower! Flower Power Road! Groovy!

Spoiler :

Warrior: Dude, this forest is so cool! It's, like, natural, ya know? Huh? What's that? Dude! It's, like, sugar! Awesome! We can totally make, like, weed-flavoured candy!

Spoiler :

Settler: Yeah, yeah! I'm goin' already! Sheesh, give a dude a break, man.

Spoiler :

Turn 5:

Warrior: *goes to check out the sugar* Oh sweet! A kitty! Hey kitty, you want a hit?

Spoiler :

Turn 6:

Panther: RAWR *attacks*

Warrior: Woah! *hits panther* ... I guess you did want a hit. ....Righteous! Hey, dude, I feel, like, stronger or something. Yeah, it's like, supernatural. Woah.

Spoiler :

Settler: Okay, I think this is, like, the place. *settles*

I called the new city "The Matrix" because I'm narcissistic like that. :cool:

Started its production with a workboat.

Spoiler :

Warrior: Woah, dude, it's, like, more sugar. And bananas! Sweeeeet. .... Dude! Another awesome pun! High five! *high fives the air because he is hallucinating*

Spoiler :

Turn 7:

Finished warrior. Started another warrior to let Amsterdam grow.

Spoiler :

Warrior 2: Oh, dude, I'm gonna go find stuff, dig?

Worker: No problemo, man, I'll just hook up these righteous cows.

Spoiler :

Warrior 1: Oh, hey, dude, more sugar.

Spoiler :

Turn 8:

Warrior 1: Awesome! Elephants! They, like, remember everything. Heeeeeeeeh. I don't remember what I found last turn! *tokes*

Spoiler :

Turn 9:

Warrior 1: JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR!

Warrior 1: Oh, wait. It's, like weak. Well, I'm in like, the forest. Why not, like, prepare and stuff?

(Promoted him to Woodsman I)

Spoiler :

Warrior 2: :culture: Movin' along, movin' along.. :culture:

Spoiler :

Turn 10:

Amsterdam grew to size 3.

Warrior 1: Not much cool stuff anymore, man. Bummer.

Spoiler :

Warrior finished in Amsterdam, set it to Worker (no hammers in it yet)

I left the fresh warrior for the next player to do with what they wish.

Worker: Oh man, gotta get that grow-op connected!

Spoiler :

The World As We Know It

The Save

lalala

Good scouting, you made a good right turn.

Quick note, the Matrix (really? :lol:) should work the 3H hill+forest. No growth but workboat will come out very fast, then grow with the 4F clam. The workboat will finish before BW gets in. There are a couple threads that have been posted discussing the fastest way to build a workboat from a 1 pop city without any tiles improved (essentially coastal starts). The conclusion is that the workboat working on 3H and not growing will finish with workboat and 2 pop FASTER than letting city grow to pop 2 using anything else less than a 3 H tile first. Small detail, but worth knowing. I'll post the thread once I find it again.

I guess this is a got it. I'll open the save and take a look. I'll post my thoughts before playing just to see if I'm the right track with what we want.

Sorry, Matrix, but if you're going to include such a famous meme, you gotta have the associated image...

All in all, good turnset. Personally, I'd build another settler, because we need to REX I think, after all, look at all that happy up north, we don't wanna lose it, look at all of the marijuana... er, I mean "sugar", we could, like, totally make a mega-commerce city with that kind of money!! (All one sentence)

Also, by the Rule of Willem Van Hippie, all plant-related resources in this game are now marijuana. IT HAS BEEN SPOKEN!

Quick note, the Matrix (really? ) should work the 3H hill+forest.

Ah, okay.

Heh, I didn't even bother looking at the city screen this early in the game.

Personally, I'd build another settler,

Well, that worker has no hammers in it, so FGJ could just switch to settler before pressing enter.

Okay opened up the save, I've updated my original dot map for discussion... brb, have guests... will write comments and more thoughts in an hour.

Ah. Our choices in the northeast are very different. Well, I guess which way we go is dependant on what we uncover, since we still have that pesky fog in the way.

@Matrix: Wow sorry I didn't know we posted simultaneously dotmaps.

Concerning dotmaps. They're ultimately subjective and can be points of healthy discussion. :lol: I'm not trying to convince anyone, only to show my reasoning and have it corrected. I love learning stuff, what can I say?

My red dot placement:
- I like river placement for health
- want to have that city use the 2nd clam immediately instead of just being a border city
- the cow has jungle on it (IW is a long ways away)
- also be able to work two forested hills after they are chopped, the ones that are in the Matrix's BFC.
- that said at pop 3 it would be a solid worker pump, 15 production per turn.

My blue dot matches your dot, guess we love money.

My yellow dot is speculation but it's more for border, coastal, and can get ivory.

The pink below is to also be coastal and work the rice.

Regarding building another settler. Shaka has yet to get two cities. We don't have any improvements with our second city (stopping the road crew and convert them into horse wranglers). REXing I feel is not a priority. The worker build is fine, and I'll make a few warriors to fog bust. At least being a peninsula our coverage doesn't have to be ridiculous.

Plan:
1) Workers and warriors
2) Tech - finish BW -> sailing or pottery or writing? I think early libraries would be nice.
3) Scout more

Question: Amsterdam (I still want to call it Rome, sheesh :rolleyes:) will be specializing as GP farm? Is that it's ultimate fate?

Wow, all these resources are coming in three's. Trippy man.

You must have a nose for sweet things MtK. Everywhere you looked, Sugar, Banana's Elephants... SWEET.

I agree with IO, perfect time for the next settler, because:
- our city only just poped to size 3
- we only have 3 worked tiles to use
- there is so much nice land and resources to claim

I would have the worker putting a mine on the PH, then over to those horses.

Here is my updated dot map. The purple dots are tentative, as we still need to explore a little bit more. I think my favourite is 3N of Amsterdam

That jungle is sitting on lots of grasslands, and we will want 2-3 cities to make the most of it. Also, its always a good idea for 2 cities to be able to swap the best food resources, so the overlap works well for me.

Well, first thing, I have yet to see Silent Confusion check in. So, Brian will play next... after FGJ. I also happen to prefer FGJ's dotmap, but I also prefer Neil's decisions, partly because both match my own ideas of what to do.

So yeah.

Concerning dotmaps. They're ultimately subjective and can be points of healthy discussion. :lol: I'm not trying to convince anyone, only to show my reasoning and have it corrected. I love learning stuff, what can I say?

I agree, its all about what perspective you are coming from.

Regarding building another settler. Shaka has yet to get two cities. We don't have any improvements with our second city (stopping the road crew and convert them into horse wranglers). REXing I feel is not a priority. The worker build is fine, and I'll make a few warriors to fog bust. At least being a peninsula our coverage doesn't have to be ridiculous.

Plan:
1) Workers and warriors
2) Tech - finish BW -> sailing or pottery or writing? I think early libraries would be nice.
3) Scout more

I would only say, what will the workers be doing?
- Once 'The Matrix' pops its borders, it will be working 2 Clams, the horse then the PH.
Our worker only needs to build a pasture. We wont have BW for at least another 17 turns, so no chopping.

Question: Amsterdam (I still want to call it Rome, sheesh :rolleyes:) will be specializing as GP farm? Is that it's ultimate fate?

NO, Amsterdam is going to be our research capital.

Well I guess the question is for neil's dotmap: Do we want to deal with the MM that would naturally come with so much overlap?

Our cities wont run out of squares to work for 3000 years.....

I'm pretty sure that you can have a research capital and a GP farm in the same city. They synergize really well.

True, but with all those PH squares in our capitals BFC, I thinking 'Wonders, baby'.

The Matrix could be a workable GP farm, if we farm the grassland river squares.

I can't wait to get to name a city :lol:

Going Forward:
If anyone one would like me to offer constructive criticism, public or private, (and unwittingly cause offence), then please volunteer, forthwith. :cool:
Otherwise, I am going to only offer advice before a turnset. I am trying to abide by the 'keep it fun' rule. :)

"What is real?"

Uh dude, um..., I mean, Mr. Fishburne...

"I am Morpheus."

Yes sir, we need to get some fishing boats out of the Matrix.

"We? Why can't the fishing boats leave on their own? They are real are they not?"

(Intern shakes head) "Yes sir, you're right, I'll go tell them."

A few seconds later...

"Morpheus, I know fishing!"

We start this one by being expansive.
Spoiler :

The people cried for more free love. Well they may have gotten their prayers answered.

Spoiler :

Finally the stoners got off their hill and moved around searching for their next most excellent adventure and discovered another country.
Spoiler :

"Hey man, how come we can see the borders of a country as yellow?"

"Dude..."

Finally they've managed to call their mothers who promptly relayed to the authorities what they've uncovered.

The North
Spoiler :

The Central
Spoiler :

The South
Spoiler :

Turn report:
T50 – Working 3H hill, no growth for workboat in 10t at the Matrix
T51 – IT shows we're the largest, Shaka 5th (good!) My yellow dot shows its worth, find fish.
T52 – Nothing
T53 – Meet Gandhi, THANK GOD. Not isolated. He and Shaka both annoyed at each other (good sign). Pink dot looking good now, shows clams. Gandhi was the founder of the Hindus, no really?
T54 – Nothing
T55 – Nothing
T56 – Worker done in Amsterdam, now warrior.
T57 – Nothing
T58 – Found stone to the far SE, not a peninsula, we have an isthmus.
T59 – Warrior done, next please. About to defend against a lion in the SE :pray: Micro Matrix so last turn working pastured horses (just finished) to get 3F in the tank.
T60 – Workboat done, MM to the fish for growh in 6, making 2nd workboat. Warrior survived the lion! Found the Zulu homelands finally.

Attachments

• Hippie Willem BC-2500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    70.1 KB · Views: 82
Ha, awesome picture...

Turn report:
T50 – Working 3H hill, no growth for workboat in 10t at the Matrix
T51 – IT shows we're the largest, Shaka 5th (good!) My yellow dot shows its worth, find fish.
T52 – Nothing
T53 – Meet Gandhi, THANK GOD. Not isolated. He and Shaka both annoyed at each other (good sign). Pink dot looking good now, shows clams. Gandhi was the founder of the Hindus, no really?
T54 – Nothing
T55 – Nothing
T56 – Worker done in Amsterdam, now warrior.
T57 – Nothing
T58 – Found stone to the far SE, not a peninsula, we have an isthmus.
T59 – Warrior done, next please. About to defend against a lion in the SE :pray: Micro Matrix so last turn working pastured horses (just finished) to get 3F in the tank.
T60 – Workboat done, MM to the fish for growh in 6, making 2nd workboat. Warrior survived the lion! Found the Zulu homelands finally.

- gandhi :woohoo:
- stone(rs) :woohoo:
- FP nirvana :woohoo:
- pigs, I love bacon man :woohoo:

I'm thinking next city to get horses, pigs, sugar & ivory.

Top Bottom