1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

IOS Freeze

Discussion in 'Civ6 - iPad & iPhone' started by James Mann, Oct 4, 2019.

1. James Mann

James Mann Chieftain

Hi all

I am having issues with IOS, and after reading some posts and also the developers F.A.Q’s, I haven’t been able to get an answer.

Here we go then. So I’m in the game dose not matter who it is I’m playing as (Victoria, Teddy or Frederick) on marathon or epic, get to around turn 150 and after that the game will just freeze. I can still hear the music and if I tap the screen it sounds like the move is going ahead or the mini map is closing. It can happen straight away when I’ve started a saved game or when I’ve taken another 20 turns. I am running it on a 64gig iPad Air 2. At one point I thought it might be the iPad needed updating, so now it’s on the latest iPad OS 13.1.2.

this was done yesterday and I started my game again tonight, same thing happened. Any ideas?

2. Liam2000

Liam2000 Chieftain

I have the same problem, in my iPad Air 2, the game starts to freeze after about 170 turns.
    If I close the game and load the save file again, I can play a couple of turns more, but the game then freezes again.

I was on iOS 12.0.1, then I read a some posts on reddit about updating the game and the iOS, so I updated to the last iOS version, but the problem still occurs.