IOS Freeze

James Mann

Chieftain
Hi all

I am having issues with IOS, and after reading some posts and also the developers F.A.Q’s, I haven’t been able to get an answer.

Here we go then. So I’m in the game dose not matter who it is I’m playing as (Victoria, Teddy or Frederick) on marathon or epic, get to around turn 150 and after that the game will just freeze. I can still hear the music and if I tap the screen it sounds like the move is going ahead or the mini map is closing. It can happen straight away when I’ve started a saved game or when I’ve taken another 20 turns. I am running it on a 64gig iPad Air 2. At one point I thought it might be the iPad needed updating, so now it’s on the latest iPad OS 13.1.2.

this was done yesterday and I started my game again tonight, same thing happened. Any ideas?

I have the same problem, in my iPad Air 2, the game starts to freeze after about 170 turns.
If I close the game and load the save file again, I can play a couple of turns more, but the game then freezes again.

I was on iOS 12.0.1, then I read a some posts on reddit about updating the game and the iOS, so I updated to the last iOS version, but the problem still occurs.

Same thing here on my iPad Air 2 - completely unplayable. Never had problems until the Gathering Storm expansion.

I wonder if this is a bug? RecoveryTool Fix Recovery once fixed my iOS system problem. However, I'm not sure if it works for you.
recovery-tool.com/fix-recovery.html

Last edited:
Hello. I've had CiVI on my iPhone since it was released and have gotten all expansions over time. After installing New Frontier, I encountered the World Congress bug. In order to fix it, I reinstalled the app, but since doing that I cannot get it to reload my content. Every time I try, it locks up with only half of the content downloaded. I've tried reinstalling the app again (several times), and I can't even seem to get past the "Unlock the Base Game" button. What's even crazier is that trying to do either of these things seems to break my phone's internet capability - YouTube, the App Store, etc start saying that they cannot connect. Exiting and reopening CiVI also leads to a message that there is no internet connection.

As far as I can tell, my wifi is stable. My computer is not showing any major fluctuations.

Help?

Hello. I've had CiVI on my iPhone since it was released and have gotten all expansions over time. After installing New Frontier, I encountered the World Congress bug. In order to fix it, I reinstalled the app, but since doing that I cannot get it to reload my content. Every time I try, it locks up with only half of the content downloaded. I've tried reinstalling the app again (several times), and I can't even seem to get past the "Unlock the Base Game" button. What's even crazier is that trying to do either of these things seems to break my phone's internet capability - YouTube, the App Store, etc start saying that they cannot connect. Exiting and reopening CiVI also leads to a message that there is no internet connection.

As far as I can tell, my wifi is stable. My computer is not showing any major fluctuations.

Help?

I had the same problem with each of the two expansions but, strangely enough, not with the NFP. I tried everything you mentioned at the time and nothing worked. I just kept trying over a period of days and eventually the downloads would "go through" after many aborted attempts. It was a nightmare and honestly I don't have any idea what I might have changed that enabled it to eventually work. Sorry I can't be of more help other than to hang in there and keep trying.

I am playing on my iPad. I have the world Congress bug. I can play up until the first time the world Congress fires. Then the game freezes as it tries to load the next turn. It has happened in 4 different games now.

The mini map also does not work. The tool tip works if I disable the Barbarian clans mod.

The adding envoys screen does not work, either. I can only get envoys for city states by doing quests. A big handicap when playing.

The early turns are super fun but the world Congress bug is an absolute killer and ruins the game. It needs to be fixed, ASAP.

I had the same issue with the world congress but uninstalling the whole game and installing from scratch solved the issue of world Congress and mini map
These were the only issues I had but doing the above fixed them

I had the same issue with the world congress but uninstalling the whole game and installing from scratch solved the issue of world Congress and mini map
These were the only issues I had but doing the above fixed them

Hello Fuad, thanks for the heads up. It's worth a shot, so I'll see what happens.

Good news/Bad news.

The deleting and reinstalling the app and restoring all the added stuff worked. I can now get past the world congress and the mini map works.

The bad news is I stayed up until 3:00 in the morning playing. *Argggh* Lol.

It's still supremely addictive even after 30 years of civ. :love:

Good news/Bad news.

The deleting and reinstalling the app and restoring all the added stuff worked. I can now get past the world congress and the mini map works.

The bad news is I stayed up until 3:00 in the morning playing. *Argggh* Lol.

It's still supremely addictive even after 30 years of civ. :love:

Yes it is LOL !!!
Same thing here stayed up till 2:00 in the morning last night
Glad all worked out

I uninstalled it for over a month out of frustration but tried again randomly last night. All DLC downloaded and installed normally, so I’m randomly back in business.

Top Bottom