IOT World of Trade

NedimNapoleon

Weird Little Human

Thy year is 1451 of our lord. The great omen from the skys and the peasant revolt have crippled the known world. Many kingdoms have broken up into smaller estates but now god bless the new Nobility will rise again and take control of middle earth. New horizons have open and trade is flourishing, from the small shires and estates new kings and emperors arise!

Rules:

Starting: You make a nation and pick 6 territories. The territories must be on one continent, exceptions are Spain and North Africa, Balkans and Turkey, European Russia and Asian Russia and Egypt and Suez. No stupid nations, description will be necessary, and pick a religion and government type.You will have to have the following basic description stuff. UPDATES EVERY 3-4 DAYS
Name
Flag
Government type
Religion
Royal Dynasty
- will explain later

Roleplaying:It will be encouraged and rewarded, only realistic RP. It will massively impact your stability.

Expansion: XP are used for expanding, 4 per turn, each non colonial territory costs 1 XP to claim

Economy and Trade: MP (money points) is the main "currency". Each territory gives you 0.5 MP from taxes. Your realms will have a "Trade center". you can place it any ware in your nation, be advised to put them in a coastal province and a strait, I'll explain that later. You only get one TC, all of your trade will go through it. Their are 3 levels of trade centers, they will be explained in the Upgrades and tech. Resources will be vital to your economy. Trade will be managed by me,but you must put your new trade agreements in the your claims and beginning posts. Trade can be disrupted, Naval blockades on a coastal TC will block 50% of trade, that means that half of your trade agreements will be "suspended", not canceled but suspended, this means that you don't get the resource you bought and neither does your trade partner get the resources you sold to him. Naval blockades can also be enforced via straits, example, NationA has Istanbul (straits), NationBs Trade center is in the black sea, NationA can close the straits and cutting of NationBs trade by 50% and the straits can only be open by taking it with an army or by diplomacy. Nations with straits have the right to impose taxes on other nations that use the straits to get to their TC. As I mentioned its better to have a coastal TC because you will be able to trade with countries you don't have a land border, while inland TC can only trade with bordering countries. Tech also has an impact on trade, you need a certain tech lvl to trade with Asia (if your from Europe) and a certain to trade with Africa (again if your from Europe). A trade agreement doesn't represent all of your trade between resources, just 1 resource with 1 resource (or MP) so you can have alot of trade agreements and I would be delighted if you could add all of your trade agreements to your begging posts, after every update, thanks in advanced. I forgot to mention you can trade resources for MP.

Colonies: Colonies can be established after certain tech's. Colonies do not produce MP but they do give you valuable trade resources, to setup a colony it takes 2 XPs and 5 MPs. Any province on another continent and not linked to your provinces with land are considered colonies

Buildings:
Trade Center I - costs 5MP, allows 5 trade agreements
Trade Center II - costs 20 MP, allows 10 trade agreements
Trade Center III - costs 50 MP, allows limitless trade agreements
Armory - costs 15 MP, Increases combat chance by 10%
Armory II - costs 20 MP, Increases combat chance by 15%
Armory III - costs 25 MP, Increases combat chance by 20%
Library - costs 30 MP, reduces research cost by 20%

Resources:
You saw the pic of them. Not all resources have bonuses but your people will desire something and you must get it for them.
Salt - Allows the support of 3 Armies and 2 Navies
Cotton - People will seek it
Wool - People will seek it
Silk - Nobles will seek it
Sulfur - Needed for tech
Silver - +1 MP
Gold - +2MP
Iron - Needed for tech
Glass - People will seek it
Cloth - People will seek it
Wood - Needed for tech
Beef - People will seek it
Fruit - Allows the support of 5 Navies
Grain - Allows the support of 5 Armies
Tea - People will seek it
Coffee - People will seek it
Opium - People will seek it, really seek it
Wine - People will seek it
Slaves - Double the production of cash crops (Coffee,Opium,Tea)
Spices - People will seek it
Ivory - People will seek it
Chinaware - People will seek it
Fur - People will seek it
Incense - People will seek it

People will seek it.... That means you will get missions (events), where you must get some resources, if you don't bad stuff will happen.

Tech:
Maritime I - allows trade with closest continent via sea, 30 MP
|
Maritime II - allows trade with farthest continent via sea, 60 MP
|
Maritime III - needs wood Something spectacular, 250 MP

Army I - needs Iron, +10% army 20 MP
|
Army II - needs Sulfur, gunpowder effect reviled later 50 MP

Colonial I - allows colonization of closest continent, 35 MP
|
Colonial II - allows colonization of farthest continent, 70 MP
|
Colonial III - needs Maritime III, 300 MP

Espionage:
3 MP support revolt 60% chance of discovery 40% success rate

5 MP support noble uprising, nobles join your faction, may give a casus belil 70% success rate

7 MP support noble uprising, nobles join a third nation, enemy thinks the third nation has started the uprising 30% success rate, 70% discovery chance

15 MP assassination of the King, enemy country gains a lot of instability 10% success chance 90% discovery rate

Since Im the pope or any religious leader,you can also roleplay about another faction with the same religion but that you doubt is heretical, so you will be able to launch a holy war

Armies:
Armies cost 2 MP to raise and grain to support.Combat works in the following way. Its calculated by a RNG Generator , the formula. Armies are pooled
(RNG+NA+RP)+X%

NA - Number of Armies
RP - Roleplaying grade (You will Roleplay one battle and I will decide who did it better,
and the winner gets 30 points, it is not necessary)
X% - percentage bonus from tech and resource

Navies
Navies are not pooled, 4 MP to raise and 4 Fruit to support. You will move fleets to oceans to do blockades, sea battles pretty much like land battles

Infamy:
Your war must be justified, if its not it gives you infamy, infamy at peace every update goes down 1. If the infamy goes above 20 any nation can declare war on you with no infamy gain

Holy War: Must be different religion 0 infamy if the war is won, 30 if its lost

Territorial gain: 10 infamy for starting it, 20 if you dont get that province

Trade war: To enforce loan paybacks and trade 20 infamy cost, no infamy cost if you lose

Stability:
Stability, everyone will start with 80% stability, the bigger the stability the more income, the smaller chance of bad events. You cannot raise your stability by investing in it you can only raise it via roleplay.

Dynasty and Nobility
Events and your stability will effect your "Dynasty". Dynasties are just tools that help you control something. You are allowed at max three royal marriages. You will manage that, lets say someone drops out of the game. You and another player have a royal marriage with a the player that drops out, you both want to inherit his lands and Dynasty wars start, infamy free. Nobility will be the snoby society they will demand lots of stuff. If you don't provide them with the stuff they want they may revolt, some provinces may become independent or join another faction. Roleplay will also have an impact on this.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

House Rules:

Spam: Roleplay in the thread is no problem, the more the better, but for chatting use the group or the chatango for this game

Orders: Orders must be submitted in bold red font

Updates:

List of players 17:

Sultanate of Granada - Tailleskangaru
Sultanate more info

Great Zimbabwe - BSmith1068
Absolute monarchy more info

Dual Kingdoms of France and England - Idluce349
Dual Kingdom more info

Khanate of the Rus - Civ'ed
Khanate more info

Kingdom of Scotland - Omega124
Highland Kingdom more info

Empire of Benin - NarutoAvatarDBZ
African Empire more info

Persian Empire - Double A
Empire more info

Peking Kingdom - MaxaTheGreat
Monarchy more info

Great Malacca - MythMonster2
Monarchy more info

Principality of Pyonyang - CELTICEMPIRE
Constitutional Monarchy more info

Papal States - GamezRule
Theocracy more info

The Kingdom of the Dragon - Domination3000
Monarchy more info

Ethiopia - mechaerik
Absolute Monarchy more info

Byzantine Empire - Prospo
Theocracy more info

German Confederation - Mango Elephant
Monarchical Federation more info

Kingdom of Norway - Red_Spy
Monarchy more info

Kingdom of Jerusalem and Alexandria - MadMan
Absolute Monarchy more info

ANY QUESTIONS PM ME

Sultanate of Granada

Granada, rejuvenated under a new dynasty, took advantage of the weakness of Castile to reconquer Seville, Cordoba and Toledo for Islam. Feeling confident, Emir Ismail declared himself Sultan in 1451. He now aims to conquer the rest of Iberia and make Granada master of the Western Mediterranean.

Capital: Granada
Center of Trade: Seville
Government type: Sultanate
Religions: Sunni Islam (official), Roman Catholicism, Judaism
Languages: Andalusian Arabic (official), Castilian, Ladino
Royal Dynasty: Al-Mansur

Great Zimbabwe

Government type: Absolute Monarchy
Religion: Pagan
Dynasty: Mnguni

We are a peaceful nation intent on trading with the world. We do not seek to meddle in other’s affairs, but rather to be conduits of trade for all nations.

Due to our extensive trade networks, we can act as brokers for any nation having trouble securing the resources they desire. Come step into our Great Bazaar in the Great City of Zimbabwe for all your trading needs.

Could you add the resource icons next to the corresponding resource in the resource list?

Dual Kingdoms of England and France

Ruler: Henry V (He recovered from his dysentery)
House of Lancaster

Claims:

Red: House of Lancaster
Yellow: House of York (If someone wants to join as the opposing house)
Blue: French Rebels (My SOI, claim this, you die)
Languages: English, French
Religion: Catholicism
Capital: London

History: On 21st of May, 1422, Charles VI of France named Henry V as the heir to the throne of France (IRL Herny V then died in August, 2 months before his official crowning was scheduled, and Charles VI named his son, Charles VII as his heir instead). And on November 1st Henry V became King Henry II of France, unifying the two realms. However his victory was short lived, rebellions spouted in Southern France, and the Yorks, under Richard, claimed the throne while Henry was in France.

This started the war of the roses, where the House of York would fight the House of Lancaster for the throne of England.

Khanate of the Rus

Capital: Moskva
Government type: Khanate
Religions: Shi'ite Islam (official), Othrodox Christian, Sunni Islam
Languages: Russian (Official), Mongolian
Dynasty: Russid
The Khanate arose at the same time that the Russian States went into collapse. Khan Yusuf I declared himself Khan of Russia, even though that claim is rather weak. The Khanate now aims to bring terror to those it does not like.

Hey, can I claim some of York? I REALLY want to be Scotland.

Scotland

Capital: Edinburgh
Government type: Constitutional Monarchy
Religions: Catholic (Offical)
Languages: Scot (Offical), Irish (Offical in Scottish Ireland), English
Dynasty: Steward

Attachments

• Scotland.jpg
    Scotland.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 294
Name: Empire of Benin
Flag:
Government type: Empire
Religion: Pagan
Royal Dynasty- Oba

iotwot2.jpg
I'll update this post as events develop...

Persian Empire
Spoiler flag :

Spoiler map :

Emperor: Darius the Great
religion: Zoroastrianism
trade center: Baghdad
Motto: "Princes and peasants, united as one."
Dynasty: Achaemenids

Background: Almost one hundred years ago, Zoroastrianism was revived by . The ancient religion swept through Persia like wildfire, and was united under Cyrus Achaemenid, who then founded this incarnation of the Persian Empire. Cyrus conquered large swaths of land, but due to a plague and rioting under the last ruler (who also perished in sickness), Darius was left a literal sliver of a great kingdom. Darius recently regained some old land, primarily focusing on areas which would bring riches to his temporary seat of Baghdad. Persepolis will be retaken, and with it, the glory of Persia will be rewoken.

Top Bottom