1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

IOT World of Trade

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by NedimNapoleon, May 6, 2011.

  1. NedimNapoleon

    NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

    Joined:
    May 31, 2010
    Messages:
    6,022
    Location:
    Bosnia



    Thy year is 1451 of our lord. The great omen from the skys and the peasant revolt have crippled the known world. Many kingdoms have broken up into smaller estates but now god bless the new Nobility will rise again and take control of middle earth. New horizons have open and trade is flourishing, from the small shires and estates new kings and emperors arise!

    Rules:

    Starting: You make a nation and pick 6 territories. The territories must be on one continent, exceptions are Spain and North Africa, Balkans and Turkey, European Russia and Asian Russia and Egypt and Suez. No stupid nations, description will be necessary, and pick a religion and government type.You will have to have the following basic description stuff. UPDATES EVERY 3-4 DAYS
    Name
    Flag
    Government type
    Religion
    Royal Dynasty
    - will explain later

    Roleplaying:It will be encouraged and rewarded, only realistic RP. It will massively impact your stability.

    Expansion: XP are used for expanding, 4 per turn, each non colonial territory costs 1 XP to claim

    Economy and Trade: MP (money points) is the main "currency". Each territory gives you 0.5 MP from taxes. Your realms will have a "Trade center". you can place it any ware in your nation, be advised to put them in a coastal province and a strait, I'll explain that later. You only get one TC, all of your trade will go through it. Their are 3 levels of trade centers, they will be explained in the Upgrades and tech. Resources will be vital to your economy. Trade will be managed by me,but you must put your new trade agreements in the your claims and beginning posts. Trade can be disrupted, Naval blockades on a coastal TC will block 50% of trade, that means that half of your trade agreements will be "suspended", not canceled but suspended, this means that you don't get the resource you bought and neither does your trade partner get the resources you sold to him. Naval blockades can also be enforced via straits, example, NationA has Istanbul (straits), NationBs Trade center is in the black sea, NationA can close the straits and cutting of NationBs trade by 50% and the straits can only be open by taking it with an army or by diplomacy. Nations with straits have the right to impose taxes on other nations that use the straits to get to their TC. As I mentioned its better to have a coastal TC because you will be able to trade with countries you don't have a land border, while inland TC can only trade with bordering countries. Tech also has an impact on trade, you need a certain tech lvl to trade with Asia (if your from Europe) and a certain to trade with Africa (again if your from Europe). A trade agreement doesn't represent all of your trade between resources, just 1 resource with 1 resource (or MP) so you can have alot of trade agreements and I would be delighted if you could add all of your trade agreements to your begging posts, after every update, thanks in advanced. I forgot to mention you can trade resources for MP.

    Colonies: Colonies can be established after certain tech's. Colonies do not produce MP but they do give you valuable trade resources, to setup a colony it takes 2 XPs and 5 MPs. Any province on another continent and not linked to your provinces with land are considered colonies

    Buildings:
    Trade Center I - costs 5MP, allows 5 trade agreements
    Trade Center II - costs 20 MP, allows 10 trade agreements
    Trade Center III - costs 50 MP, allows limitless trade agreements
    Armory - costs 15 MP, Increases combat chance by 10%
    Armory II - costs 20 MP, Increases combat chance by 15%
    Armory III - costs 25 MP, Increases combat chance by 20%
    Library - costs 30 MP, reduces research cost by 20%

    Resources:
    You saw the pic of them. Not all resources have bonuses but your people will desire something and you must get it for them.
    Salt - Allows the support of 3 Armies and 2 Navies
    Cotton - People will seek it
    Wool - People will seek it
    Silk - Nobles will seek it
    Sulfur - Needed for tech
    Silver - +1 MP
    Gold - +2MP
    Iron - Needed for tech
    Glass - People will seek it
    Cloth - People will seek it
    Wood - Needed for tech
    Beef - People will seek it
    Fruit - Allows the support of 5 Navies
    Grain - Allows the support of 5 Armies
    Tea - People will seek it
    Coffee - People will seek it
    Opium - People will seek it, really seek it
    Wine - People will seek it
    Slaves - Double the production of cash crops (Coffee,Opium,Tea)
    Spices - People will seek it
    Ivory - People will seek it
    Chinaware - People will seek it
    Fur - People will seek it
    Incense - People will seek it

    People will seek it.... That means you will get missions (events), where you must get some resources, if you don't bad stuff will happen.

    Tech:
    Maritime I - allows trade with closest continent via sea, 30 MP
    |
    Maritime II - allows trade with farthest continent via sea, 60 MP
    |
    Maritime III - needs wood Something spectacular, 250 MP

    Army I - needs Iron, +10% army 20 MP
    |
    Army II - needs Sulfur, gunpowder effect reviled later 50 MP

    Colonial I - allows colonization of closest continent, 35 MP
    |
    Colonial II - allows colonization of farthest continent, 70 MP
    |
    Colonial III - needs Maritime III, 300 MP

    Espionage:
    3 MP support revolt 60% chance of discovery 40% success rate

    5 MP support noble uprising, nobles join your faction, may give a casus belil 70% success rate

    7 MP support noble uprising, nobles join a third nation, enemy thinks the third nation has started the uprising 30% success rate, 70% discovery chance

    15 MP assassination of the King, enemy country gains a lot of instability 10% success chance 90% discovery rate

    Since Im the pope or any religious leader,you can also roleplay about another faction with the same religion but that you doubt is heretical, so you will be able to launch a holy war

    Armies:
    Armies cost 2 MP to raise and grain to support.Combat works in the following way. Its calculated by a RNG Generator , the formula. Armies are pooled
    (RNG+NA+RP)+X%

    NA - Number of Armies
    RP - Roleplaying grade (You will Roleplay one battle and I will decide who did it better,
    and the winner gets 30 points, it is not necessary)
    X% - percentage bonus from tech and resource

    Navies
    Navies are not pooled, 4 MP to raise and 4 Fruit to support. You will move fleets to oceans to do blockades, sea battles pretty much like land battles

    Infamy:
    Your war must be justified, if its not it gives you infamy, infamy at peace every update goes down 1. If the infamy goes above 20 any nation can declare war on you with no infamy gain

    Holy War: Must be different religion 0 infamy if the war is won, 30 if its lost

    Territorial gain: 10 infamy for starting it, 20 if you dont get that province

    Trade war: To enforce loan paybacks and trade 20 infamy cost, no infamy cost if you lose

    Stability:
    Stability, everyone will start with 80% stability, the bigger the stability the more income, the smaller chance of bad events. You cannot raise your stability by investing in it you can only raise it via roleplay.



    Dynasty and Nobility
    Events and your stability will effect your "Dynasty". Dynasties are just tools that help you control something. You are allowed at max three royal marriages. You will manage that, lets say someone drops out of the game. You and another player have a royal marriage with a the player that drops out, you both want to inherit his lands and Dynasty wars start, infamy free. Nobility will be the snoby society they will demand lots of stuff. If you don't provide them with the stuff they want they may revolt, some provinces may become independent or join another faction. Roleplay will also have an impact on this.

    Spoiler :



    Spoiler :


    House Rules:

    Spam: Roleplay in the thread is no problem, the more the better, but for chatting use the group or the chatango for this game

    Orders: Orders must be submitted in bold red font
     
  2. NedimNapoleon

    NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

    Joined:
    May 31, 2010
    Messages:
    6,022
    Location:
    Bosnia
    Updates:

    List of players 17:

    Sultanate of Granada - Tailleskangaru
    Sultanate more info

    Great Zimbabwe - BSmith1068
    Absolute monarchy more info

    Dual Kingdoms of France and England - Idluce349
    Dual Kingdom more info

    Khanate of the Rus - Civ'ed
    Khanate more info

    Kingdom of Scotland - Omega124
    Highland Kingdom more info

    Empire of Benin - NarutoAvatarDBZ
    African Empire more info

    Persian Empire - Double A
    Empire more info

    Peking Kingdom - MaxaTheGreat
    Monarchy more info

    Great Malacca - MythMonster2
    Monarchy more info

    Principality of Pyonyang - CELTICEMPIRE
    Constitutional Monarchy more info

    Papal States - GamezRule
    Theocracy more info

    The Kingdom of the Dragon - Domination3000
    Monarchy more info

    Ethiopia - mechaerik
    Absolute Monarchy more info

    Byzantine Empire - Prospo
    Theocracy more info

    German Confederation - Mango Elephant
    Monarchical Federation more info

    Kingdom of Norway - Red_Spy
    Monarchy more info

    Kingdom of Jerusalem and Alexandria - MadMan
    Absolute Monarchy more info

    ANY QUESTIONS PM ME
     
  3. Tee Kay

    Tee Kay Silly furry

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2005
    Messages:
    21,984
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Melbourne
    Sultanate of Granada






    Granada, rejuvenated under a new dynasty, took advantage of the weakness of Castile to reconquer Seville, Cordoba and Toledo for Islam. Feeling confident, Emir Ismail declared himself Sultan in 1451. He now aims to conquer the rest of Iberia and make Granada master of the Western Mediterranean.

    Capital: Granada
    Center of Trade: Seville
    Government type: Sultanate
    Religions: Sunni Islam (official), Roman Catholicism, Judaism
    Languages: Andalusian Arabic (official), Castilian, Ladino
    Royal Dynasty: Al-Mansur
     
  4. BSmith1068

    BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2005
    Messages:
    5,269
    Location:
    Omaha, NE
    Great Zimbabwe




    Government type: Absolute Monarchy
    Religion: Pagan
    Dynasty: Mnguni

    We are a peaceful nation intent on trading with the world. We do not seek to meddle in other’s affairs, but rather to be conduits of trade for all nations.

    Due to our extensive trade networks, we can act as brokers for any nation having trouble securing the resources they desire. Come step into our Great Bazaar in the Great City of Zimbabwe for all your trading needs.
     
  5. BSmith1068

    BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2005
    Messages:
    5,269
    Location:
    Omaha, NE
    Could you add the resource icons next to the corresponding resource in the resource list?
     
  6. NedimNapoleon

    NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

    Joined:
    May 31, 2010
    Messages:
    6,022
    Location:
    Bosnia
    Okay, I'll do it
     
  7. BSmith1068

    BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2005
    Messages:
    5,269
    Location:
    Omaha, NE
    please delete
     
  8. ilduce349

    ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    Messages:
    5,490
    Location:
    Canada (Greatest Country Ever!!!!!)
    Dual Kingdoms of England and France

    Ruler: Henry V (He recovered from his dysentery)
    House of Lancaster

    Claims:

    Red: House of Lancaster
    Yellow: House of York (If someone wants to join as the opposing house)
    Blue: French Rebels (My SOI, claim this, you die)
    Languages: English, French
    Religion: Catholicism
    Capital: London

    History: On 21st of May, 1422, Charles VI of France named Henry V as the heir to the throne of France (IRL Herny V then died in August, 2 months before his official crowning was scheduled, and Charles VI named his son, Charles VII as his heir instead). And on November 1st Henry V became King Henry II of France, unifying the two realms. However his victory was short lived, rebellions spouted in Southern France, and the Yorks, under Richard, claimed the throne while Henry was in France.

    This started the war of the roses, where the House of York would fight the House of Lancaster for the throne of England.
     
  9. Civ'ed

    Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2010
    Messages:
    6,315
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Aberdonia et Banffia
    Khanate of the Rus



    Capital: Moskva
    Government type: Khanate
    Religions: Shi'ite Islam (official), Othrodox Christian, Sunni Islam
    Languages: Russian (Official), Mongolian
    Dynasty: Russid
    The Khanate arose at the same time that the Russian States went into collapse. Khan Yusuf I declared himself Khan of Russia, even though that claim is rather weak. The Khanate now aims to bring terror to those it does not like.
     
  10. Tee Kay

    Tee Kay Silly furry

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2005
    Messages:
    21,984
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Melbourne
    Yes, Muslim Russia! :D
     
  11. ilduce349

    ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    Messages:
    5,490
    Location:
    Canada (Greatest Country Ever!!!!!)
    I would be happy if someone joined as the House of York, to represent the war of the roses...
     
  12. Omega124

    Omega124 Challenging Fate

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2008
    Messages:
    7,083
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Albany, New York
    Hey, can I claim some of York? I REALLY want to be Scotland.

    Scotland



    Capital: Edinburgh
    Government type: Constitutional Monarchy
    Religions: Catholic (Offical)
    Languages: Scot (Offical), Irish (Offical in Scottish Ireland), English
    Dynasty: Steward
     

    Attached Files:

  13. ilduce349

    ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    Messages:
    5,490
    Location:
    Canada (Greatest Country Ever!!!!!)
    FINE! Taking advantage of the Civil War Scotland claimed Northern England. Can we agree to this as your starting claims:
     
  14. Omega124

    Omega124 Challenging Fate

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2008
    Messages:
    7,083
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Albany, New York
    That /is/ my starting claims. :lol:

    And many thanks.
     
  15. NedimNapoleon

    NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

    Joined:
    May 31, 2010
    Messages:
    6,022
    Location:
    Bosnia
    Take this to chat or group or something
     
  16. ilduce349

    ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    Messages:
    5,490
    Location:
    Canada (Greatest Country Ever!!!!!)
    We already finished this chat...
     
  17. NedimNapoleon

    NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

    Joined:
    May 31, 2010
    Messages:
    6,022
    Location:
    Bosnia
  18. Turquoiside

    Turquoiside Emperor

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,552
    Name: Empire of Benin
    Flag:
    Government type: Empire
    Religion: Pagan
    Royal Dynasty- Oba

    iotwot2.jpg
    I'll update this post as events develop...
     
  19. BSmith1068

    BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2005
    Messages:
    5,269
    Location:
    Omaha, NE
  20. Double A

    Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2009
    Messages:
    14,263
    Location:
    NC
    Persian Empire
    Spoiler flag :

    Spoiler map :


    Emperor: Darius the Great
    religion: Zoroastrianism
    trade center: Baghdad
    Motto: "Princes and peasants, united as one."
    Dynasty: Achaemenids

    Background: Almost one hundred years ago, Zoroastrianism was revived by . The ancient religion swept through Persia like wildfire, and was united under Cyrus Achaemenid, who then founded this incarnation of the Persian Empire. Cyrus conquered large swaths of land, but due to a plague and rioting under the last ruler (who also perished in sickness), Darius was left a literal sliver of a great kingdom. Darius recently regained some old land, primarily focusing on areas which would bring riches to his temporary seat of Baghdad. Persepolis will be retaken, and with it, the glory of Persia will be rewoken.
     

Share This Page