IOTMAD: Mutually Assured Destruction

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Lighthearter, May 18, 2013.

1. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

Turan is willing to join an alliance with the Northern Watch if they are, we hope that we can put the past behind us and that we can start fresh and new, Turan is willing to support The Watch in all endeavors to protect against the things in the Arctic that it says it is fighting against. Turan is also willing to help protect Egypt against the terrorists in its boarders.

2. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

To Egypt

Thank you for your co-operation. We look forward to seeing Morocco ceding itself back into being our capital province. We will find out who has been causing chaos in our land and have them face their mortal punishment before their immortal judgement by God. We will ensure justice.

To Turan

We are glade of the upgrade in our friendship. Our alliance will ensure peace!

To FUSSPLR

If it is true you have been scheming a war against Turan and causing other chaos then we will not be amused.

3. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Those are lies. We offered the Watch a Defensive Alliance in case Turan tried to invade us, because of the recent threats of Turan against us and their espionage. The Watch was the one who wanted us to join a war, their war in America, but we refused.

4. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

What ever the case we will urge a investigation on both Russia and the Watch to see which one is the master of lies. We suggest our American allies consider offering a defensive arrangement with Turan. Egypt too will have to be asked to join this web so that we can discourage atomic war. In the end we are not eager to see Turan bloodied.

5. Celticfury

Celticfury King

The Provisional Government of Germany and Bohemia apologizes for the delay is responses. a recent counter-offensive by the Fourth Reich had temporarily rendered outside communication impossible.

Due to the current political climate, we cannot accept such an offer at this time. Should the international stage stabilize, we will reconsider this stance.

We accept your non-aggression pact. However, we must insist that any Defensive Pact carry the provision to allow Germany to bow out off any conflict with the Watch, France, or Egypt invading Poland. Our position is tenuous at best without our neighbors seeking us as targets.

Due to the collapse of said alliance, we must respectfully decline this offer. Perhaps when the international situation becomes less volatile, we can reconsider.

In order for such a pact to exist, Germany must be allowed to refuse to join any conflict involving Poland, France, or Egypt attacking the Watch. We have little desire to see war come with our neighbors.

We accept this offer. May the peace between our two nations last forever.

We thank the UMWE for their recognition.

Germany will accept your advisors, though I cannot make any promises as to the government's stance on this issue. It will have to be discussed by the Provisional Government, along with the alliance offer attached to it. We do thank you for your aid and recognition.

OOC: I guess I would like an explanation as to how it will help. I'm still debating between that and Industrial.

6. KaiserElectric

KaiserElectric Total Freakin Besties

The Republic would like to recognize the New German state and request a non-aggression pact between us.

7. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

Orders Lock Saturday night.

-L

8. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

Missing orders from:

-Egyptian Republic(Ravus)
    -Montreal(Leccy)
    -Poland(Red)
    -Commune of France(Megs)
    -Australia(Ninja)
    -Germany(Celt)

Deadline is approx. 6PM EST on Saturday.

-L

9. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

Turan Military Conference 2025​

This year Turan has unveiled to the world its major advances in its military, we will start with the Turan Staple, the Army.

Infantry:
    Turan has for too long been using outdated cold war era weaponry for their men on the ground. While this technology has been very reliable, we fear that without a more advanced gun that the Turan military will be at a great disadvantage in any modern war.

Thus I am proud to announce that the Turan government will be scraping the old AR-15 with the XM8, This Rifle which was originally going to be used in the US armed service until it was canceled in 2005.

The Turan government has gone to H&K, The manufacturer of the XM8, and asked for the exclusive right to produce the weapon along with the ability to modify it.

The XM8 weighs 3.4 Kg, is 838 mm long, and the barrel is 318 mm long.

The XM8 fires 5.56x45mm NATO rounds, with a rate of fire of 750 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of around 900 m/s.

It can either use a 30 round box magazine or a 100 round drum magazine and it is equipped with a 4x sight which can be removed

The XM8 is highly modular and can be easily changed depending on the mission.

The Turan version of the XM8, called the TXM8 has improved accuracy and rate of fire than its predecessor and the first models of the TXM8 will be given to Turan soldiers this year.

The TXM8

Armor:
    The Altay tank ever since it entered service in The Republic of Turkey's military in 2015 has been the workhorse of both Turkey's and Turan's military. However technological advances in the past decade must be taken into account, and thus i present to you the Altay V2. The V2 uses the original chassis and turret but includes a bigger more powerful gun and better suitability due to a prototype point defense laser and reactive armor.

All newly produced Altay's will be the V2 version and all current Altay tanks will be upgraded to the V2 by the end of this year

The Altay V2

this has been all that the Turan government was willing to share to the world about the current state of the Turan Military.

10. christos200

INTERNATIONAL CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE FUSSPLR

Recently, the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Mr. Joseph Stalin, under orders from the Great Leader, Mr. Putin, offered a Defensive Alliance to the Watch. The goal of the alliance was to prevent Turan from further espionage against the Watch and end their threats against the FUSSPLR. The alliance was never intended to be offensive. In order to prove this, for the first time we share the secret negotiations between the FUSSPLR and the Watch:

Spoiler :

As everyone can see, the FUSSPLR never said anything about invading Turan. It only said that it wants co-operation with the Watch, refused to join their war in America and offered a defensive alliance to protect against the threats of Turan. Never, even once, did the FUSSPLR said anything about invading Turan. The alliance was purely defensive. We said:

Is this an aggressive alliance? We ask everyone to say if there is any threat against Turan in our offer. Of course, what may have led the Watch to betray us is that we refused to join their war in America and that we called for an independent China.

Really, the so called "Democrats" who want all nation to be "free" still occupy China. Why they do this? Why they threatened war against us when we saved Mongolia from Chinese occupation on the basis that Mongolia is a free nation, but they do not release China? Why, while we "bad imperialists" have freed Mongolia and do not occupy any non-Russian territory, are condemned by everyone and those who have colonized Italy and China and imposing a colonial autocracy are accepted as free and democratic nations?

After the negotiations, the Watch told to Turan that we tried to persuade them to invade Turan. As you can see, this is 100% false. Then Turan broke all ties with us and suddenly decided to ally with the Watch and Egypt. Egypt (this good democratic nation that colonized Italy and China and threatened us over Mongolia - which by the way is free now while Italy and China are still colonies) posted this:

One can see from the language that they are trying to justify a future invasion of the FUSSPLR. They say that the FUSSPLR tries to "rile up Asia once more". With this, they say that the FUSSPLR is a threat to the stability of Asia, while the accusation against us are false and they know it.

Second, they say that "How has the Ulyanovsk coalition allowed things to progress to this level". They try to pass the message that since the Ulyanovsk coalition has failed to stop this (and of course it failed because the accusation against us are false), someone else needs to end the "aggression" of the FUSSPLR.

So, they are trying to blame the FUSSPLR as an aggressor state based on false accusations and present themselves as the one who will stop the "aggression". With this, they are preparing a war against the FUSSPLR.

It is a propaganda that says in simple words: The FUSSPLR is aggressive, their alliance has failed to stop their aggression, so someone else must stop it.

The bad thing with this is that there is no aggression of the part of the FUSSPLR. Only a plot by the Watch to outrage public opinion and the other nations against the FUSSPLR. To present it as an evil nation that wants war. This prepares the ground for the justification of a future war.

The Wali, despite being an enemy of the Watch, and despite the support of the FUSSPLR for their war effort, has allied with Egypt and Turan. So, what they are trying to do is to present the FUSSPLR as the aggressor. They are preparing for war.

Egypt and the Watch, with the justification of ending the FUSSPLR "aggression" against Turan, and with the blessings of the Wali, will invade and try to destroy Mother Russia.

World, stop those lies. See the truth behind the propaganda.

11. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

The UMWE is concerned of the war plots of the North. It appears the North wants conflict; we urge the North to rethink. What happened in America was necessary and has been done; trying to escalate it would only lead to atomic results. As such: we urge the world to condemn aggression.

We will remind the North and Russia that we are allied to Turan, Montreal and Mexico. We are also in defence league with Egypt and are on friendly terms with the Falklands.

Please keep this in mind.

12. christos200

The FUSSPLR thanks the Wali for seeing reason and not falling into the Watch trap. The Watch and Egypt try to prepare a future war against the FUSSPLR.

Also, we call for Egypt to grant independence to China and Italy.

If Egypt cares so much about freedom, why it colonized Italy and China? We call you to give to those nations independence. We made the start by protecting Mongolia and then making it into a free nation. Now it is time you follow this.

13. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

I heard Son wanted to play this so he can have my nation if he wants. It's not in the best shape, but it sure beats being perma-vassaled to someone.

14. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

As we have stated multiple times before; Mongolia is the successor state of China. Creating a large amount of small singular states will only make them easy to bully by larger countries. When Mongolia can take its rightful place in the world stage we will begin handing over provinces. However so far it seems like Mongolia has no individual control of its affairs. All overtures to its people have gone unanswered and we have to assume that the Great Turan's accusation that Mongolia is a puppet state of Russia has some truth behind it.

As to Italy. We just tried to start negotiations with a rebel state to grant it independence only for whomever is behind all the espionage to interfere. All attempts of peaceful contact and handovers were not responded to.

Importantly all of this happened publicly and can be seen by everyone. It is amusing that Russia makes demands for things that can be seen to have been publicly attempted, all the while trying to twist whatever diplomacy happened privately to its own agenda. Egypt despises shadow politics. If Russia had nothing to hide why did it apparently offer this defensive alliance to the Watch in secrecy? All of Egypt's Diplomacy has been public and truthful. Russia on the other hand has now only added to its history of lies and subterfuge which started with the blatant invasion of Mongolia when it was a free and independent country. (As for the fact that we hold Italy and China. Italy was a free country at the time and China was a hostile menace that needed to be put down. Mongolia was a free country being defended from a Chinese menace.)

Quite frankly I care little for Russia. It is not a friend nor an enemy. It has no land that I desire, It is also not a threat. Be aware that Egypt is not so much "good" as it is "honourable". Whatever happens in the international world stage we will back our allies first and our friends second. If you lie about our ally the Watch we will call you on it. If you attack our friend the Great Turan we will defend them. There is no war heading your way unless you invite it.

EDIT: Going to bed now. Sorry for things i've not responded too. I'll set my alarm early enough to get orders in before the deadline.

15. christos200

From FUSSPLR
    To Egypt:

Lies! You want China as your colony for ever. The Mongolians are not Chinese. They are Mongolians and everyone knows this.

16. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

The Watch denies these dirty allegations. They are in no way how the conversation and offer went, and we won't even bother debating this further until Russia admits its lies. Break off diplomatic relations with Russia.

As for you Ailedhoo. We want no conflict. We are moving to DEFCON 5 this turn unless some conflict breaks out through aggressive action against us. And may I remind you that we have a full alliance with both Egypt and The Great Turan. Perhaps you should watch your tongue. We were prepared to ignore this aggression in America and still might if you stop making threats against our nation! I suggest you learn to be more diplomatic if you don't want atomic war. After all, YOU are the one invading a sovereign nation for nothing but territory and aggression.

OOC: @NC: We are giving Son Korea and Manchuria and giving him a bit of a boost next turn. If your willing to give up Australia Im sure he would prefer that but I am sure nobody wants you to leave the game :(.

17. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

The UMWE will, seeing how both Russia and the Watch are calling each other fel, keep out of their diplomatic argument.

The UMWE is pleased the Northern Watch has decided to move not to conflict. We ourselves will be moving to DEFCOM 4 once we have completed our jihad in America.

We should remind the Northern Watch that we have also a full alliance with Turan, as well as a alliance with Mexico and Montreal. We are also in a pact with Egypt, so all in all we are in condition of a diplomatic deterrent: neither of us want to spring the defence callings into motion. Peace in ensured.

Also: we find your definition of the word "threats" amusing; we were just informing you about our diplomatic relationships. Ok there is the "urge" part but that was diplomatic soft stuff; condemning is not the same as declaring war but we are willing to declare that we are revoking that on grounds that we are unsure who is telling the truth over what in the North-Russia affair.

...and the just jihad against the USA was in method of liberating the oppressed population, countering a power that was threatening Montreal and helping Montreal ensure its security... plus the motivation to build up our military was a lovely bonus for the sake of post-war defence. In the end our "aggression" was just, a intervention most humane.

OOC: little tip : talk to my nation, not to me in IC!

Also: I look forward to see what schemes Sone has installed.

I hope NC keeps playing too; NC always makes me happy.

18. christos200

The FUSSPLR condems the Watch for their lies. Here is the proof:

Spoiler :

19. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

The Watch enjoys seeing Russia try and smear its name. Why don't you reveal the other part of the conversation? You know, the part where you tried to get us to invade Turan, and in turn we tried to get you to invade Canada?

Canada we sincerely apologize for this however. This diplomatic conversation was performed in that tense moment when it seemed we might be going to war with you and the Wali Emirates. We hope you take no ill will because of this; it was merely opportunistic politics to see if Russia would be so foolish.

20. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Thankee-kindly NC.

PM me the relevant stuff about government and such if you could.