Iowa Republican wants to get rid of no-fault divorce so grandaughter won't be a slut

ace99

Deity

A bill making it harder for couples to divorce was approved by an Iowa state House subcommittee on Monday, with a supporter of the legislation arguing it is necessary to prevent young girls from being more "promiscuous."

State Rep. Tedd "I (crap) you not this is his real name" Gassman is one of the seven Republican sponsors of this bill who believes government has a vested interest in forcing married couples stay together—except in cases of "adultery, physical or sexual abuse, imprisonment or if one partner is missing for more than a year or the couple has lived apart for more than two years"—because "f our families break up, so will this nation." Also, because it might make his granddaughter a slut:

Gassman also suggested that divorce can affect children's behavior, specifically that it can make teenage girls more likely to engage in sexual activity than children of parents who are not divorced.

Speaking about his granddaughter, whose parents recently divorced, Gassman said, "There's a 16-year-old girl in this whole mix now. Guess what? What are the possibilities of her being more promiscuous? What are the possibilities of all these other things surrounding her life that a 16-year-old girl, with hormones raging, can get herself into?"

While we're all very sorry that Rep. Gassman's family is personally responsible for destroying America, it isn't clear how banning divorce would keep Gassman's granddaughter's raging hormones at bay. And she's no doubt very grateful that her hormones and her practically carved-in-stone hobag destiny are now part of the Iowa House record. Thanks, Grandpa!

But then, we all know when it comes to science, especially ladyparts science, Republicans tend to get a little confused.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/...-granddaughter-doesn-t-become-a-slut#comments

It's the right thing to do to stop that promiscuous young harlot from spreading her legs for every Tom, Dick and Harry. What can be done to stop the rampant whorishness of the young women of this country?

God knows, with no-fault divorce women are just going to be sleeping around willy-nilly. Strumpets! Strumpets everywhere! Why must these temptresses continually seduce our poor innocent young men?

These young Aprodiates and their feminine wiles, rampantly corrupting our strapping young Adonis's. Naturally you can't blame the men for falling for their tricks.

The Representative may be pleased to discover social conservatives abroad have dramatically reduced the smutty whorishness of their women by having them wear these:

Perhaps that should be his next bill.

Before I have a seizure can someone from Iowa tell me if this will actually pass?

I guess its a "If we as parents show the kids that breaking marital committments is OK, then they'll do the same thing, which will destroy the family" kind of thing. Still a bad law though.

What a mean-spirited article.

A male journalist would not be able to get away with calling a sixteen year old girl a slut.

Ms. Gray should be ashamed of herself.

Define "destruction".

Funny thing is when people my age get together we always get to know each other by talking about each other's families.

When people my son's age get together they stare at their phones. You can have it.

Forcing unhappy people to stay with each other probably isn't going to change anything

Blue states = scandinavia, red states = central America, Iowa = Iran.

Funny thing is when people my age get together we always get to know each other by talking about each other's families.

When people my son's age get together they stare at their phones. You can have it.
I think the presence of older people probably keeps them from discussing the things they really want to, like the many sexual adventures they're all having with Ted Gassbag's granddaughter.

edit: sorry, Ted Gassman.

"You wouldn't believe what she let me do to her the other week....." said the listless liberal long-haired youth to his homosexual black best friend as they engaged in friendly sodomy while sharing joints and talked sexual talk about all the filthy things that Representative Gassman's granddaughters let him do.

What's wrong with making people think twice about divorce again?

Top Bottom