1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

iPad performance improved?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - iPad & iPhone' started by Spark217, Nov 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Spark217

Spark217 Chieftain

As per title, I haven’t played on iPad (pro 9.7) since before the iOS 13 release, has any improvement on game performance, screen stuttering, crashes, and frame rates happened? Especially since GS was released? I stopped playing because it wasn’t working so well and I got a new computer, but I miss the convenience of the iPad!

Thanks guys!

2. Mockingbird

Mockingbird Chieftain

No problems here. Works outstanding well.

3. Spark217

Spark217 Chieftain

Was there an improvement? I’m not thrilled with dropping another $70 on GS and R&F without good reason

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  4. Mockingbird

Mockingbird Chieftain

Civ has always worked well for me and I started playing it on the original 12.9” with 4GB memory. Now that I play on the 2018 12.9” with 6GB of memory, the game runs really fast. Got everything installed including mods... it is a dream come true to play this on my iPad and don’t play it on the PC any longer because playing on the iPad is so convenient.

So does it run better with GS installed. Beats me, but I can tell you it runs mighty fine from my perspective.

5. ConnellBurning

ConnellBurning Chieftain

On an iPad Air 2019 - I've noticed battery life whilst using Retina graphics to have greatly improved. An hour or so of playing only used about 10% of battery where previously this was around 15% maybe 20%. This is on latest update of R&F - not got GS yet - will be Christmas present to myself!