Iran Authorizes 10 New Nuclear Plants

While we do not have a signed document from the mullah-master stating "we want nukes", it doesn't take a genius to see what is happening and pretty much the entire civilized world agrees that Iran's actions are way out of line.

But we have a signed document from the mullah-master specifically forbidding the development of nukes.

At some point, we have to decide if Iran is devoutly Muslim or not. There's been a fatwa against nukes from the highest cleric for some time. If they're devoutly Muslim, then they're not going to develop nukes.

El Mac, the fatwa can be removed when they actually get close to assembling a bomb. It's nothing more than a UN PR stunt and a fake assurance to quell opposition from Saudi Arabia.

Believing the mullah-master is dumb. They and the lower government lie, ALOT. Iran's president said there are no gays in Iran... do you believe that too? Iran claims that it does not supply and train terrorists, despite a mountain of physical evidence otherwise... do you believe that too?

At some point, one must call BS on that quasi-theocracy. I suggest doing so before they get the bomb.

Ehh, looks to me that the only two foreseeable futures for the Iranian nuke program remain. Either the US and/or Israel take it out, or Iran develops a nuke without being attacked.

Any resolution out of the UN will be watered down by China and Russia, meaning that it would simply not be enough to persuade Iran to give up its program.

Unilateral sanctions by the US would not work either, because Iran would still have Russia to get its refined Petroleum products from.

Anybody see World War 3 happing in the next year?

Who could or would side with Iran? Don't give me nK and Venezuela because neither want war with the US over Iran an China would not allow nK to do it. You think another mid-east country will side with Iran vs. US in war? No way. Saudi doesn't like them and has a nice economic arrangement wth the US (we are willing to drag them along in modernization and they use our old military gear). I don't see an ally for Iran (maybe Somalia and a psuedo-war from Palestine), so it is not a WW.

One cannot have a single 2nd world country invaded by the first world having no chance of repelling the invasion - at all) and call it WW. One cannot have a WW last about a week with the world vs. a solo weak opponent, it's unbecoming. It will be called The Iranian Liberation War and they are gonna get a bit more liberal whether the mullah-masters like it or not.

El Mac, the fatwa can be removed when they actually get close to assembling a bomb. It's nothing more than a UN PR stunt and a fake assurance to quell opposition from Saudi Arabia.

Believing the mullah-master is dumb. They and the lower government lie, ALOT. Iran's president said there are no gays in Iran... do you believe that too? Iran claims that it does not supply and train terrorists, despite a mountain of physical evidence otherwise... do you believe that too?

At some point, one must call BS on that quasi-theocracy. I suggest doing so before they get the bomb.

Agreed, and considering that the Israeli's have a lot more to lose, it should be there responsibility to take out the sites... with some American intelligence of course. Hell, wouldn't surprise me if the Saudi's allow for an Israeli overflight en route to Iran, after all, the Iranian's are Shia...

Who could or would side with Iran? Don't give me nK and Venezuela because neither want war with the US over Iran an China would not allow nK to do it. You think another mid-east country will side with Iran vs. US in war? No way. Saudi doesn't like them and has a nice economic arrangement wth the US (we are willing to drag them along in modernization and they use our old military gear). I don't see an ally for Iran (maybe Somalia and a psuedo-war from Palestine), so it is not a WW.

Syria and Hezbollah? Yeah, the ww3 talk is bullcrap.

Heh, given what "American intelligence" was saying about another Middle Eastern nation's WMD program just seven years ago, why should we place any faith on those who would repeat the same mantra with an "n" substituted for a "q"?

There's a big difference between the 'q' and the 'n'. 'Q' had slaughtered everything in the country with half a brain and a disagreement with anything the government did. When we helped install the infrastructure for a democratic election, there was very little left in the way of educated intellectuals, effective businessmen, professors or students that were not in cahoots with the genocidal dictatorship. 'N', on the other hand, has a vibrant younger generation and professors etc that have not yet been slaughered. It also has international businessmen and intellectuals that oppose the government sometimes in dangerous ways. Simply, 'n' has alot more to work with when election time comes. The longer we wait, the more legitimate leaders of Iranians are imprisoned, disappeared and openly executed for merely disparaging the regime. How many hundreds more must be imprisoned and subject to group trials before we help? Will we wait so long that there is almost nothing left, like in 'q'?

I think Iran is ready for democracy. They have the cash and education. It can still be Sharia Law (excluding the violation of human rights) if they vote for it, and I think people will vote themselves some civil rights pretty quickly.

Heh, given what "American intelligence" was saying about another Middle Eastern nation's WMD program just seven years ago, why should we place any faith on those who would repeat the same mantra with an "n" substituted for a "q"?

So... perfection in intelligence gathering is a prerequisite for trusting an intelligence agency?

In that case, the intelligence agencies of the world should pack it up, because they have all made mistakes.

You mean the organization that can't make up its mind what they are doing?

They aren't.

They are.

They are debating it.

I just thought I should note, I don't care about nukes used for terrorism, though it is possible and a legitimate argument for war. I want war for liberation and that is not possible after they have nukes. Thus, my motive for preventing/pre-empting their nukes is different than most people's.

I'm not scared of the Iranian government (I doubt I would be even living in Israel - but I would be if living in Iran... that wouldn't last long), I just recognize opportunity as it fleets and I want to take the opportunity - for Iranians. Not for myself; my life is blessed beyond reasonable expectations and I've no reason to jeapordize it... except that others suffer.

Afghanistan and Iraq are democracies for the first time ever. It's not like the first two (recently) are failures. Iran would just be easier.

Afghanistan and Iraq are democracies for the first time ever. It's not like the first two (recently) are failures. Iran would just be easier.

By what stretch of imagination are you calling a country that passed a law that allows a wife to be starved by her husband for 3 days if she refuses him sex a democracy?

Voting.

3 days isn't that bad for starvation, but it's horrible for no sex :mischief:

Voting.

3 days isn't that bad for starvation, but it's horrible for no sex :mischief:

Iraq was a democracy under Saddam. He won 99% of the vote. And Iran is already a democracy they vote also and their elections are just about as valid as Afghanistan! Great success!

I just thought I should note, I don't care about nukes used for terrorism, though it is possible and a legitimate argument for war. I want war for liberation and that is not possible after they have nukes. Thus, my motive for preventing/pre-empting their nukes is different than most people's.

I'm not scared of the Iranian government (I doubt I would be even living in Israel - but I would be if living in Iran... that wouldn't last long), I just recognize opportunity as it fleets and I want to take the opportunity - for Iranians. Not for myself; my life is blessed beyond reasonable expectations and I've no reason to jeapordize it... except that others suffer.

Ecofarm said:
Now, you might think that you know what is good for Honduras more than their elected congress and supreme court... but that would be exceedingly imperialist of you.

lolwut

Top Bottom