1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iran fires missile that can evade radar

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sourboy, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

I wonder if this is true or not. I think Iran is the next target of USA or any other world power like them

2. Sidhe

Sidhe Chieftain

I can't comprehend it because it's bull **** and propoganda spread by ignoramousus and lapped up by gulible fools. This is the current range of Iranian missiles what bs you read in your flagrantly propogandist media is of no interest to me whatsoever. Prove it?

I may be wrong but this is the same tired bullfeathers I was seeing pre gulf war. Forgive me for taking your military bs with a pinch of salt. I hope I'm right as should you. But I fear Mob Boss would prefer it if he was right regardless of the threat that would imply. I'll say it again question the source. Your being manipulated again and your lapping it up like good little puppies, I want reports from credible weapons inspectors not propogandists.

3. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Let me get this straight. You take a graph from a webpage and use part of it to verify your claim, while in turn calling another part of the same graph propaganda?:crazyeye: How crazy is that?

:goodjob:

4. sourboy

sourboy Awakening...

So insulting us proves your point? Your point is that because an official agency hasn't said it yet, that it must not be true? Where do you think the motive that an official agency has to research an issue comes from? This story is step 1 -- saying there's something to check into. No one said this is the cold, hard truth.

This thread is for discussing this article. It's foolish not to engage in the discussion now (and therefore potentially be prepared, should the need for action be evident later), than to laugh it off and get caught with several "invisible" missiles falling on cities -- and no idea where they came from.

Wake up and see the big picture, son.

5. anarres

anarres anarchist revolutionary

That's it boys.... ramp up the rhetoric. :)

Good to see the sheeple are lining up for the invasion of Iran. :shake:

6. Che Guava

Che Guava The Juicy Revolutionary

Anarres: No kidding. All this talk of what iran has or doesn't have sounds oddly like the Iraq/Niger Uranium debacle that came up just before the war (link). Who knows what these countries have. Seems like we don't really know until someone invades, so maybe that is where we're heading...

7. MobBoss

Do you mean like the Sheeple in the UN that gave Iran a deadline to comply?:rolleyes:

8. Che Guava

Che Guava The Juicy Revolutionary

THere's a good flock on both sides of the line...

9. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Chieftain

You lost me here.

10. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Chieftain

I found the same type of information on a more credible news site, like CNN or BBC. However, when I was searching for the relevant information, I couldn't find it. It's some kind of pretty javascript diagram.

11. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Chieftain

You know, I can't help but feel that I'm being included in the group that thinks invading Iran would be a good idea. You didn't name me, or anyone else, but well...

Anyway, I'm totally against invading Iran. I was just pointing out factual errors that Sidhe was making.

12. Yeeek

Yeeek Seizing The Day

And?...

No countries outside NATO or if you prefer Western Allies shouldn't be alloud to have weapons?

13. MobBoss

Well....I doubt the wisdom of letting a country led by a man who seriously thinks all jews should be moved to Alaska have nukes.:rolleyes:

They obviously do not want to play nice and get along with the rest of the world.....so...how smart is it to let them have the "great equalizer" and legitimize their lunacy.

14. Abaddon

Abaddon Chieftain

How can something be either defencive or offencing as a weapon?!?

15. Sidhe

Sidhe Chieftain

Essentially that link is from an American web site and it makes no judgement on whether Iran has tac nuke/ ICBM capabilities it implies it doesn't and that it's current operational range is 500 KM. The diagram shows the maximum range of the scud type missiles it is known to posess and the range of missiles Korea is known to posess and says that it would need those missiles to be able to attack Israel or any legitimate target basically. I am not going to out and out say they don't have Korean missiles but without better info I'm reserving judgement, I'd like to be right, I'd be also very worried if I'm wrong, I hope you'll excuse me reserving judgement based on previous propoganda about WMD from the US and UK propoganda machine.

16. Yeeek

Yeeek Seizing The Day

I agree with you, but believe nothing will happens after what's going on in Iraq. No one would back up another "pre-emptive" war (this just strike me as ridiculous.. pre emptive war duh!).

Also, no one believe Iran could launch missiles as far as Israel. Iran have US troops west and east.. while the guy sure has a mouth i don't think he's an idiot.

17. sourboy

sourboy Awakening...

Weapons are understandable. Defensive weapons more so than the rest. However, after the guy is spouting his mouth off about eliminating Israel in it's entirety, it's at least worth looking into if they have, in fact, made 'stealth missiles' -- no? Stealth missiles are pre-emptive strike weapons considering they immediately disguise their source.

No one's saying invade Iran here. We're saying "WTF?" towards the "peaceful" stance that includes "first-strike" weaponry. Send in some inspectors, make sure these missiles aren't WMD-capable, and impose sanctions if need be. Invasion would be stupid.

18. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

Just because its propaganda doesnt mean the information is false. And i dont think you can prove either.

19. Sidhe

Sidhe Chieftain

Idiot is a strong word agreed, but he certainly isn't too politicaly astute. Let's call him a hot head, there are plenty on both sides of the political fence, when an American hot head says something we ignore it because we know it's BS, when an Iranian hothead says something we take it as Gospel? Can you see the double standard? One man does not a countries political opinion make.

True but my point is I am neither taking it as true or false until I see more evidence, believe me if it's true I'll be the first to say fair enough I was wrong.. As I said though you'll forgive me for being cynical based on previous history of WMD propaganda.

20. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Chieftain

Well, here are some more articles on the fact that Iran has greater than 500km range missiles.

BBC

BBC

I'm guessing this one is a proIranian website, since if you go to the home page, it looks quite Iranian-nationalistic. This site quotes fas.org.
    Sarbaz.org

This one talks about the very long range Shahab-5. It's from the Claremont Institute, whatever that is. It looks like it's a neocon site.
    Missilethread.com

Again, I find that I have to say this here on Civ Fanatics, due to the very obvious prejudices of Civ Fanatics members. I'm not a conservative, Republican, Democrat or liberal. I'm an independant. Also, as I have stated, which will probably be ignored, I'm against military action against Iran.

Also, before someone discounts the above websites because they are partisan, just remember, that it's perfectly possible for sites, which you have political disagreements with, to post information which is correct. I'm amazed that I have to state that but for some reason, it's necessary.