1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iran Iraq War Mod+Scenario

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by stolenrays, Apr 19, 2010.

1. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

2. helgish

helgish Chieftain

I think I am dumb. I simply copy and paste both folders and the ini files into the mod folder for BTS? Do I write over any files if it asks me or rename one and keep both?

3. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

You're not dumb! Just copy the Iran_Iraq_War folder into the Mod folder. I would overwrite any file. You shouldn't have to overwrite anything since it is a new directory. Ini files stay in the directory they are in. So the ini files for the Mod should be in the first folder of Iran_Iraq_War next to Assets I believe. Just keep em wherever they are. In game, click on play a scenerio and click on Iran_Iraq_War. Let me know if you have any other Q.

4. helgish

helgish Chieftain

Thanks for the help! I got it to work last night...it is an awesome scenario. I started playing as the israeli's, swept into syria and promptly got my butt kicked as I went to turkey. Awesome!

5. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

6. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

DLing!

7. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

8. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

9. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

Love the idea of this mod, but as an enthusiast of Modern Middle Eastern History (and Near East Studies in general), how do you plan to represent the Lebanese Civil War, which involves 4 civs in this mod? I understand that the focus of the mod is on the Iran-Iraq War, but Lebanon entered the bloodiest days of the Civil War in the 1980's (started 1975-1990), and I think it should be important, especially since Lebanon, Palestine, Syria and Israel were all involved in it. Plus you could make it so that you show the country in the middle of a civil war (split up)

Also on a side note, its Banque du Libon (Bank of Lebanon), if you could rename it like that, I think that would have been better!

10. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

I'll change the Bank's name. As for the civil war, I really wasn't too sure how to represent it. I guess I could put some Syrian troops in Lebanon. You're thinking I should have some of the cities as part of Syria or another country as well? I believe some of the Palestinian troops are in Lebanon to start with in v1.1.

11. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

No, I don't think they should OWN any Lebanese cities, but you should have Lebanon broken up into factions. I mean Beirut itself, was split right down the middle between Christian vs Palestinian forces. But perhaps you should give Beirut and Tripoli to Christian Coalition (under the current Lebanese civ), then give the south to the Palestinians, and basically have them at war. Btw you already have all the civs at war/at peace with certain civs right?

How good are your modding skills in general?

12. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

OK, I was reviewing some historical data so I'll make Palestine at war with Israel. It seems as though Syria had troops in Lebanon, but was not at war with any Lebanese groups in 1980. The SLA are probably best represented by Israel. How does that sound?

Yes, all the Civs are properly at war/peace with each other and have proper open borders agreements. I've also adjusted civs attitudes toward each other. Leaders are customized as well and all civs have historically accurate civics for 1980. My modding skills are pretty descent. I can create some buildings, convert google warehouse buildings to .nifs, create civs, mod religions, and unique units/buildings, etc. I cannot mod python though. I don't have too much time to do this anymore because of school, but I try my best.

13. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

Version 1.2 us up now. Use the download link on the main page or this one: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14685

Version 1.2
    Spoiler :
    Version 1.1 removed after 1041 downloads
    Added PLO HQ artwork
    Added Baath Party HQ artwork
    Added Imam Ali Mosque artwork-added to Najaf
    Added Cyrus Cylinder artwork
    Added Azadi Tower artwork
    Added Shrine of The Book artwork
    Added Kuwaiti Towers artwork.
    Added al-Shaheed monument artwork
    Added Lollywood artwork
    Added Church of Nativity and Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem
    Changed Lebanese Bank name to Banque du Libon
    Guerrilla 2 promotion added to Mujahadeen SAMs
    Saddam’s favorite religion and religion weights to Sunni Islam
    Minor civs military units are now more balanced
    Empty space cities and terrain for Iran added
    Space elevator removed
    Space projects removed
    Tashkent tower removed
    Palestine and Israel are at war

I wasn't sure how to remove hinduism, etc. without messing up python and the xml documents. Let me know if anything goes wrong.

14. Civ4_boi

Civ4_boi Chieftain

The download isnt working.

15. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

16. Civ4_boi

Civ4_boi Chieftain

Downloading now.

Had too many scripts disabled.

edit: I have installed the mod, and started playing, but many units are red circles, and sometimes pink circles for other teams units. Is there a way I can fix this?

17. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

Some people have reported this and I'm unsure what is going wrong other than making sure that it is in the correct directy and not in the mygames folder. Search this thread since others have had this problem. I'm downloaded it and extracted it and played it along with others with no difficulty.

18. Civ4_boi

Civ4_boi Chieftain

I fixed it.

I have put the folder in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps

and in MyGames.

all appears to be working now.

19. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

20. Civ4_boi

Civ4_boi Chieftain

Hi stolen. I think I will enjoy it.

Sorry to keep bothering you, but I encountered some problems.

I played a game as Palestine. I killed my own unit by moving one on to the same tile as another.

And some land I was not able to move units into. I would move the unit, then make the next turn start; and my unit would get moved back as if it had been kicked out due to open borders being removed.

Also, I dont know how I am meant to make progress as Palestine with no cities, and not many units.

I previously tried Afghan Mujahadeen, and also had no cities, but didnt attempt much as I had not installed the mod correctly.

Any tips on how to deal with this?

Also, Israel built OPEC, which seemed somewhat 'off key' so to speak.